I'm convinced that Captain Marvel's mind is unstuck in time and that's the key to defeating Thanos.

newmanofjustice

Civilian
Reaction score
Credit: Captain Marvel - Trailer 2

So I have been lurking in some Captain Marvel threads online and the conversation on this page struck me. I personally have found both trailers to be rather plain, almost like a Phase one movie. Both trailers actually feel the same. But maybe that's a cover for a wild time jumping movie. Apparently Jeremy Jahns commented that both trailers were SO similar and bland that they must secretly must be hiding something. So speculation began.

The theory goes like this: there's an old scifi trope of someone's mind being "unstuck in time" and being able to jump back and forth throughout time without the person physically going through time. Think Wolverine in Days of Future Past, Desmond from Lost, Quantum Leap.

The montage of her falling down and getting up throughout the years isn't just a cinematic visual of showing her persevere, it's actually a visual showing her unstuck mind jumping from one stage of her life to another. Everytime her mind jumps, the movie will just cut to another stage and Carol will be confused for a minute. See this clip from Lost to understand:

So that crazy machine that Carol is hooked up to isn't something that simply wipes her memory, it's actually a device to detach her mind from time so she can move freely about back and forth. This was done by the Kree to obtain vital information about their war. Kinda like what Kitty Pride did to Wolverine in Days Of Future Past.

captain-marvel-trailer-image-16.jpg

images

And this ties into Avengers 4, because THIS is how Carol will be pivotal to beating Thanos. It's not her brute strength or power, it's this cosmic mind-time jumping ability that gives the Avengers knowledge on beating the Mad Titan. And btw, that's how Dr Strange finds out information on beating Thanos, because he's accustomed to dealing with beings outside of Time (Dormammu). So he encountered Carol somehow and learned a winning strategy.

To me this sounds really cool. It would really push the cosmic storytelling past what Dr Strange did in an epic way. It allows Carol to save the day without being a boring physical dues ex machina, it makes the Captain Marvel movie secretly more interesting than the trailers let on, and it sets up a grand finale for Avengers 4.

giphy.gif

mulling_it_over_scrubs.gif

22137140.gif

I wanted to totally disagree with you but... Nah there's something plausible there. "Cosmic Awareness" is in the Capt. Marvel lore... Okay... I'll put this in the personal "maybe" pile.

2016-06-01_Captain-Marvel-30.png

6fb1d262ddcfd86a320999ce017c2e6b--bd-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

Those contemplation gifs cracked me up!

I know I don't quite have the details straight, but something is there I think. There has to be a strong reason this movie is set in the 90's and it ties in with Dr Strange too well, as well as those shots of the machine doing something to Carol's mind, as well as those jarringly cut montage scenes that look a lot like the editing in The Constant episode of Lost.

Those contemplation gifs cracked me up!

I know I don't quite have the details straight, but something is there I think. There has to be a strong reason this movie is set in the 90's and it ties in with Dr Strange too well, as well as those shots of the machine doing something to Carol's mind, as well as those jarringly cut montage scenes that look a lot like the editing in The Constant episode of Lost.

I wouldn't totally bet the farm on it right now but there could well be something to it and if Carol has a power/ability akin to the old style Cosmic Awareness then she becomes useful to the the fight against Thanos in ways that go beyond just another set of powerful fist or energy blasts.

Marvel movies are never complicated, so nice thought but I doubt it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"