Casting Green Arrow

Val

Meow
Reaction score
If there is a movie about Green Arrow, who would cast as Ollie?

My choice is Ryan Reynolds, he'd have to go a little blonder but otherwise I think he is the perfect Oliver Queen...

ollie009nq8.jpg

ollie012fa6.gif

Great suggestion. Since he's not going to be Wally, he'd be a great Ollie. :woot:

Thank you. Yeah I was hoping he wouldn't be Wally so he could still be Ollie, I think it'd have confused the hell out of me to see him as Wally since he has been Ollie for me for quite some time heh.

I didn't think of him but definitely a good choice!

i'm not too familar with Green Arrow: How can Olivier Queen get away with a such a unique goatee, without being noticed as 'Arrow'?

i would think that would be awesome if he was casted for ollie but i thought they were making a green arrow called super max where he goes to jail and fights like b grade villans

I don't want to be flamed but I think Justin Hartley from the Smallville Green Arrow is good. I was light and fun, yet driven and serious about work, protecting people, etc ... He may be a little young now but, I think in a few years, he'll be perfect, as a young Ollie and later with the mustache and all, as an older Ollie. :up:

i would think that would be awesome if he was casted for ollie but i thought they were making a green arrow called super max where he goes to jail and fights like b grade villans

I heard about that movie, it sounds interesting but at the same time, it sounds far from the Arrow comics... I'd love to see something like Quiver turned into movie, especially if Kevin Smith got involved.

I heard about that movie, it sounds interesting but at the same time, it sounds far from the Arrow comics... I'd love to see something like Quiver turned into movie, especially if Kevin Smith got involved.

I would love to see a movie based off that book. that was the book that made me get into the green arrow comics and if kevin smith wrote the movie and directed it i think it would be the best movie.

the thing with a Green Arrow movie is, you pretty much have to skip all of the early stuff to have it be the Green Arrow we all know and love (ultra-liberal, near anarchist)...when he started he was just a lighter version of Batman...he didnt even have the van dyke :o

I would love to see a movie based off that book. that was the book that made me get into the green arrow comics and if kevin smith wrote the movie and directed it i think it would be the best movie.

I think so too, he obviously has a good understanding of the character and Quiver reintroduces Ollie and explains his past, I think it's a pretty good way to explain things to people who don't know anything about the Green Arrow or Oliver Queen.

the thing with a Green Arrow movie is, you pretty much have to skip all of the early stuff to have it be the Green Arrow we all know and love (ultra-liberal, near anarchist)...when he started he was just a lighter version of Batman...he didnt even have the van dyke :o

Yeah, I guess if you did something like the Origins of Green Arrow, you'd have to be really careful not to make him sound like a Batman copycat.

MY CAST:
Josh Brolin - Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
BACKTALK_2326.jpg

Maria Bello - Dinah Drake/Black Canary
244.bello.maria.100506.jpg

Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Roy Harper
cover_story-1.jpg

And why must Reynolds be suggested for every comics character? Lame.

MY CAST:
Josh Brolin - Oliver Queen/Green Arrow

Maria Bello - Dinah Drake/Black Canary

Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Roy Harper

And why must Reynolds be suggested for every comics character? Lame.

To be honest, he has been my Green Arrow for a very long time, before there were rumors of him playing the Flash or whatever.

Josh just seems too old for me.

To be honest, he has been my Green Arrow for a very long time, before there were rumors of him playing the Flash or whatever.

Josh just seems too old for me.
Um....no. I just don't see it. Reynolds is always sarcastic and ridiculous. Totally not Green Arrow. And my Green Arrow is old. What's so hard about making a non-origin story superhero movie? He needs to be middle-aged, the head of a superhero family and emerged in the suburbs. My version would be 70s/90s style with Oliver being this rich guy who crash-lands on an island and rethinks his life, moves into a slum and confronts heroin. It would be gritty and awesome. That's just me though.

^Seriously. Please, can we stop with Ryan Reynolds being mentioned for EVERY damn superhero role? He isn't THAT good.

Reynolds has been so heavily nominated for Flash, that's all I see him as. Don't really see Ollie there. I should also mention, the guy who plays him on Smallville is good. Justin Hartley. It's hard to believe that's GA's first human appearance on screen. But he's real good, but I'm biased too- I love the show.

I'm gonna have to think about who else could play him but I'm good if it's Hartley. I doubt we'll see a movie (I don't think he's a character on the JLA MOVIE, is he?) but with Hartley playing him now, I don't know if he'll want to on the big screen.

ps: Smallville spoiler- made a mistake of going to kryptonsite.com where I saw the appearance of Black Canary (Dinah) in an upcoming episode of SV next year. Look out for it!

IDK I beg to differ, the early story would be good I think. Sure the death of his parents brings Batman thoughts but the plane crash and being a survivor on the island is a nice touch from the usual. Sure it's a lil' Cast Away :) but we see him develop the skills with the arrow in order to survive. Then I suppose ala Batman Begins, he would probably return to Star City to fight injustice and start over.

Batman and GA have always been very similar. Each one's brand of justice dark and borderline edgy with a similar story but if we didn't have something in the story to seperate it from the Dark Knight then it looks like we got a copycat. I agree though, Dark GA is ten times better than the lighter version.

But that's why I think GA will never work on big screen. He just too much like Bats and he came a couple years too late before Bats so the Batman will always overshadow him.

But I am glad we are getting to see him in stuff like Justice League and definitely Smallville. I gained a whole new appreciation for GA again when I saw him on SV. His character is very "the end justifies the means" and for lack of better word- bad a$$ :)

If there is a movie about Green Arrow, who would cast as Ollie?

My choice is Ryan Reynolds, he'd have to go a little blonder but otherwise I think he is the perfect Oliver Queen...

ollie009nq8.jpg

ollie012fa6.gif

I have to add, this shot with Reynolds in blue, i can really see Flash in that cat....and even a lil' Superman too.... :) J/k

Kevin smith recently commented that he would love Jay and silent bob co star Jason Mewes to play green arrow i can see it as a slightly alternative portrayal arrow is a bit of a hippie and a modern bong smoking arrow could be a great modern version of the character as long as thhey balance it with a good story and comedy/dramatic elements.

Please, dont even try to defend Mewes as Green Arrow.

My perosonal favorite: Ewan McGreggor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"