The official "Green Arrow: Escape from the Supermax" Script review thread.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Green Arrow: Escape from the Supermax is one of DC/Warner upcoming projects, despite being on wait. It's a movie about Green Arrow, also know as Oliver Queen. The idea came from David Goyer ("Batman Begins"), and the script, from Justin Marks ("The Masters of the Universe").

The Plot:

Oliver Queen, also know as the modern day Robin Hood called Green Arrow, is framed for the murder of Col. Taleb Beni Khalid, the director of Checkmate World Security Agency. His secret identity is exposed and he is send to Supermax, The supervillain's Alcatraz, completelly unescapeable. While his friend Will Hacket must investigate if the murders we're ordered by a rival businessman in a plot to take over Queen Industries, Oliver must team up with a group of villains that include Pied Piper, Split, Cascate and Tatooed Man to escape of the ultimate prision before it's too late.

The Script leaked months ago and several people read it. Among them, fellow hypesters. So, i'm creating the official script review and discussion thread so we can talk about our views on the Script.

Enjoy. :woot:

didnt we have a thread on this before when it first leaked out? I still havent read it myself yet.

I know it was talked about before, but I'll rehash what I remembered.

Pro: Cool concept, lots of action, shows that the character is capable even without his bow, some nice cameos

Con: Bad villains, Waller mischaracterized, no real sense of urgency, opening is too much like Iron Man, needs a dialogue polish

It needs several significant rewrites before it's considered to be put in front of a camera. It's definitely very raw, but there's at least a base to work from.

yea its likely it will get a bunch of rewrites. Though from what i remember seeing and posting about things looks like the film is on hold for the time being. Though i hope we do get it sooner or later. I would really like to see more dc guys finally make it on the screen.

Good idea for a thread. I gave the script an 8/10.

Too bad it doesnt look like this script will be adapted any time soon though. :(

yea like all the other dc characters that seem to be having problems things are just getting sat on which sucks. I would love to see shazam,flash,ww, ga make it on the screens. Though right now gl seems to be the one going to happen, possibly hex since we got a new director on the project. Then batman 3 which is a given. As for supes hopefully we see another film soon though its going to be a long time on that likely with all the infighting going on with wb on direction to take.

This could probably get merged with the old Supermax thread, you know.

I'm reading the Script and really liking it. Tatooed man's participation was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"