Cataclysm and No Man's Land Vol. 1-5... Do I need anything else?

Rocketman

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as the overall story arc goes, is this all I need?

1. Cataclysm (Prologue to No Man's Land)
2. No Man's Land: Vol. 1
3. No Man's Land: Vol. 2
4. No Man's Land: Vol. 3
5. No Man's Land: Vol. 4
6. No Man's Land: Vol. 5

I'm just curious, because although I know that I'll already miss tiny references here and there from other arcs, are these six graphic novels basically the complete No Man's Land storyline?

Thanks in advance!

They collect only about a half of all the stories belonging to the arc.

I don't know. It was a huge storyline. The basics are probably covered. And it wasn't really tightly plotted, more like simple stories in a different environment. But it's been years I've read it.

I've read both the comics complete and these collections. You're fine with them.

Anyone read the No Man's Land novelization by Rucka? I want to give that one a read now that I've read the tpb collections. I wish I could find a digital version of it, but I'm sure it was never a big seller when it came out, let alone popular enough to warrant that conversion now.

I was also wondering the same thing about the novelization. Does reading that give you the same important storylines presented in the tpb?

I was also wondering the same thing about the novelization. Does reading that give you the same important storylines presented in the tpb?

Yes, it does. It leaves out some of the storylines done in the comics, like the little feud Poison Ivy has with Clayface, but overall all the important stuff is in it.

It's a brilliant read.

I've been really interested in No Man's Land. I love the premise, and it seems like something I'd be into. I'm planning on getting the new version coming out later in the year, does anyone know if it includes Cataclysm?

I've been really interested in No Man's Land. I love the premise, and it seems like something I'd be into. I'm planning on getting the new version coming out later in the year, does anyone know if it includes Cataclysm?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, sorry. DC -should- reprint it though.

Nightwing: A Darker Shade of Justice is also set in the No Man's Land storyline.

Don't read the "Road to NML".

Truly awful...

Is Cataclysm actually needed?

I was at my local Barnes & Noble and saw that they are now collecting No Man's Land in much bigger volumes. So instead of 5 separate volumes, there will now only be 3. BUT, they collect EVERY ISSUE INVOLVED.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-No-Man...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327648541&sr=1-1

This Vol. 1, 2011 Edition, is 544 pages.

The three collections will include:

Batman: No Man's Land Volume 1 (ISBN 1401232280)
Batman: No Man's Land #1
Batman: Shadow of the Bat #83-86
Batman #563-566
Detective Comics #730-733
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #51-55
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #116-118
Batman Chronicles #16

Batman: No Man's Land Volume 2 (ISBN 1401233805)
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #119-121
Batman: Shadow of the Bat #87-88
Batman #567-568
Detective Comics #734-735
Young Justice in No Man's Land #1
Robin #67
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #56
Batman Chronicles #17
Nightwing #35-37
Catwoman #72-74

Batman: No Man's Land Volume 3 (ISBN 1401234569)
Batman #569-571
Detective Comics #736-738
Azrael: Agent of the Bat #58
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #122-124
Batman: Shadow of the Bat #90-92
Robin #68-72
Batman: No Man's Land Secret Files #1

Now, my problem is that Cataclysm isn't involved in any of these collections. Is Cataclysm really an essential prologue? Do I HAVE to get it?

Yeah, it's about how Gotham gets into the mess that is NML, the earthquake.

Hell, just the McDaniels written and Two-Face stories make it worth it.

What I really want is a KinghtsQuest collection...

I was at my local Barnes & Noble and saw that they are now collecting No Man's Land in much bigger volumes. So instead of 5 separate volumes, there will now only be 3. BUT, they collect EVERY ISSUE INVOLVED.

I've been meaning to get No Man's Land for a while. I had my eyes on these reprints but wasn't sure what they actually contained. These are the volumes I'll be getting for sure. Volume 2 is out April and Volume 3 doesn't come out until August. I'll get the first one in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"