Catwoman Series Ending

selinakyle415

Civilian
Reaction score
Now, no one probably cares too much for Catwoman's character, or her comic series, but she has been one of my favorite characters from the beginning. A big part of it is probably due to the fact that it was the very first comic book my dad got me as a kid.

Anyway, Catwoman (series 2, or 3 if you count the mini-series) will be ending on issue #82. And I am very upset by this.

Could it be because of the "Batman R.I.P." storyline?

I know that she is starting to go back to her villainous side, so could they start up yet another series at #1?

Or, are there not enough people giving the comic book series love?

Any thoughts?

Maybe they'll start off a whole new "Catwoman year One" mini-series. (That would be good, considering her background is SO messed up.)

They have to do something with her in my opinion, because she's been around since Batman #1. :batty:

I think it's been a good read the last year or two and will be quite disappointed for it to end. I can't see another series starting for quite a while though, even more unlikely if like you say she goes back to being a villain.

I think it's been a good read the last year or two and will be quite disappointed for it to end. I can't see another series starting for quite a while though, even more unlikely if like you say she goes back to being a villain.

Yeah, that's true. it's just a shame that they're ending it. The last series ended at 94, and this one at 82. I wanted it to at least reach 100. SO DAMN CLOSE!!!

It's been a good read. Some of the story lines it could have done without, but that's with any comic anymore.

I just think the title lost alot of steam along the way. Brubaker's initial run kept it going and entertaining for quite some time, but OYL kind of mucked things up for Selina. Not that her story was bad (it was one of the better ones, actually)... but it was simply lost in the shuffle of everyone else's. IMO, of course.

Personally, I hope that they have her in guest spots for awhile, to build up anticipation for a new title. Characters appearing in short spurts before getting the limelight can sometimes work out fantastically.

ya miss kyle is one of the best characters in bat's universe

I just think the title lost alot of steam along the way. Brubaker's initial run kept it going and entertaining for quite some time, but OYL kind of mucked things up for Selina. Not that her story was bad (it was one of the better ones, actually)... but it was simply lost in the shuffle of everyone else's. IMO, of course.

Personally, I hope that they have her in guest spots for awhile, to build up anticipation for a new title. Characters appearing in short spurts before getting the limelight can sometimes work out fantastically.

True.

And Brubaker is amazing.

Bring back Brubaker and Cooke. :csad:

The first four issues were great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back