Cerebro and Magnetos henchmen

XCharlieX

Reaction score
So we get the line about why Magneto cant be traced by Cerebro, "because he helped me build it". But what about Sabretooth, Toad and Mystique? Ive been thinking and theres 2 possibilities ive come up with:

A) Xavier didnt happen to catch them to locate where they were hiding away.

B) Magneto has plenty of hidden tricks up his sleeve not mentioned in the film, such as something to shield his accomplices also.

Didnt anyone find it funny that Xavier took control of sabretooth but needed to ASK Magneto what he wanted her for?

I already made a topic about Magnetos hideout possibly being safe from cerebro. This is like part B.

I've wondered this myself. It is sort of a plot hole, either that or Sabretooth and toad are just to stupid.

Toad maybe but not Sabretooth. He's smart.:p

I was wondering if this was answered in the novelization but i guess not.

It makes sense imo that Magnetos lair is protected from cerebro so i think the idea that Magneto doped them up with something to immunize them from Xavier also is possible. I mean Mystique walked straight into his mansion and Xavier noticed nothing, Yet when Scott died he sensed it immediately in x3.

Actually it is kind of sais in the novelisation that Toad and Sabretooth don't know the details of Mags' plan "I have made the first move, that is all they know, because that is all you know".

Cool tidbit. That was one of my theories for Xavier puppeting them to ask since magneto tells Sabertooth each step as everythings occuring i noticed (put her in the machine, i'll raise it)

However there was a slant on my question that was more about why Xavier cant locate Sabretooth and such. Where Sabertooth is, Surely magneto is lurking or up to something. He got cerebro poisoned by Mystique who was right under his nose etc. He either didnt use cerebro at the opportune times, or they are immune somehow.

I have always been under the impression that Xaviers power is not constantly "switched on" for lack of a better term.
Yes, he can keep a connection to the likes of Scott, Jean, etc, because he wants to, but probably just wasn't trying to sense Mystique at the time, hence her getting into the mansion.

So what we have is: he cant sense everyone all the time, or he simply didnt use cerebro because he wasnt aware.

There is some wiggle room here, it just struck me when i saw the scene and i felt wolverine shouldve said "if you cant track magneto just track sabertooth all the way to his hideout" heh.

Oh and lets not forget the third reason... the "he helped me build it" line can mean more than Magneto creating his helmet to dodge cerebro. Somethings fishy about what magneto can do in x1. Xavier would track his minions through cerebro like he did nightcrawler and all of magnetos cover up tactics would be useless.

My previous topic adds to this fishiness:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221923

So im wondering if Singer knows something we dont from a previous draft or if these are indeed plotholes.

If so i dont think anyone should be slamming x3 for plotholes heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"