• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

CES 2008: The Agency (FPS MMO)

Zenien

Reaction score
The Agency is an FPO MMO, in the style of something like PSO in terms of a heavy use of instancing. You can play as U.N.I.T.E (Your typical James Bond esque organization), or Paragon (your big guns and big muscles Black Water style organization). The game is based not aound grinding, but expanding your influence and Agency. It's a full FPS, not an RPG pretending to be an FP, take a look. I'm actually pretty interested in this, it's early, but it's very diffeent from your a typical RPG MMO, which I'm frankly bored of.

Interview SD
Interview HD

CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough SD: Part 1
CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough HD: Part 1

CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough SD: Part 2
CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough HD: Part 2

CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough SD: Part 3
CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough HD: Part 3

CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough SD: Part 4
CES 2008: Developer Walkthrough HD: Part 4

Maybe I'll like this more than MMORPGs, which I usually like for a few days and then hate when I get sick of grinding.

I was wondering why this didn't look interesting and then I realized it's a SOE game. :(

It's actually by that none SOE team that Soe recently bought up. :cmad:

EDIT: SOE's Seattle studio was born from the ashes of Microsoft's cancelled Mythica MMO project and Monolith's Matrix Online team.

Its a FPS? I thought it was 3rd person or did they change it

They have nothing to do with Everquest. :cmad:

Apparently this is the team's first game. Uh... unless they have a world-class project lead like Warren Spector or Peter Molyneux... don't expect much.

you don't need a world class lead for a game. look at mass effect,bioshock,etc.

For a team's first game, its a pretty good idea to have a bigtime lead dev.

Leading a team at bioware = you're big time.

Well an exclusive is an exclusive I guess.

This game looks interesting as hell and the lead designer looks like he knows what he's talking about and knows what he wants for the game. I think the game is in good hands.

Yes, it did. Ever heard of Black Isle? Have any idea how Bioware came to be? Have any idea what you're trying to discuss? :huh:

Not to mention Bioware's teams are filled with highly experienced people (from Black Isle).

This game is setting out to do so much. They need more experience before they can pull this off. If they do, it'll be on the greatest game ever.

Yes, it did. Ever heard of Black Isle? Have any idea how Bioware came to be? Have any idea what you're trying to discuss? :huh:

i suggest you brush up on your history. neither studio had a big time lead designer. sure they're popular now, but at that time neither were considred big time. they set out to do thier own thing.

if you can list me some big leads from those studios who got thier fame before thier popular games came out I'll be happy to admit i was wrong.

i suggest you brush up on your history. neither studio had a big time lead designer. sure they're popular now, but at that time neither were considred big time. they set out to do thier own thing.

if you can list me some big leads from those studios who got thier fame before thier popular games came out I'll be happy to admit i was wrong.

:dry:

This game is setting out to do so much. They need more experience before they can pull this off. If they do, it'll be on the greatest game ever.

I'mnot going to give these guys flack, if they want to make a name forthemselves then why not? and the lead designer looks to know what he wants from this game and seem highly competent to achieve it.

Big leads who got their fame before their popular games came out? Really? Seriously? Haha, gotta love the hype...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"