Champions Online

As of now, there's no way to make black, white, brown or dark versions of the colors you can choose. It's all on a slider, and it's fairly basic. Everything I've heard says that color customization of powers was done better in CoH.
Oh well. I guess I'll just do regular purple or blue, but that brings forth another question: what type of energy attacks are there?

And it's been a long time since this thread had any activity, so I give a little bump, yes?

Is anyone else still playing this game? I'm still enjoying it, though my efforts to avoid their forums have been futile.

i still have an active account but im toying with cancelling it. Its just not a strong enough game to pull me from COH.

I haven't played it in weeks so I may cancel as well, but I wouldn't go going back to CoH either.

As of right now I log in to check my day job badges and i started a few villains who I think I will play with as I dont have any lvl 50 villains. Its not a bad game its just its not doing anything different from COH.

If this game dies, which I hope it doesn't, I'll probably be going back to CoH. I'm also hoping to pick up the newest edition of the PnP Champions RPG. Maybe it's easier to understand now.

Are there any threads on that game on here? It looks incredible.

Sorry, I meant the game Colossal Spoons linked to. The Secret World

If this game dies, which I hope it doesn't, I'll probably be going back to CoH. I'm also hoping to pick up the newest edition of the PnP Champions RPG. Maybe it's easier to understand now.

i dont think it will die but as someone who is already playing COH this game is really not giving me a reason to leave COH.

Blood Moon - Halloween Event - Champion's version of Marvel Zombies? :wow:

[YT]QjRTsV7ODMY[/YT]​

It's fun. The zombie apocalypse and werewolf/hunter stuff is the first PVP I've enjoyed although the zombie one goes by too quickly.

Blood Moon - Halloween Event - Champion's version of Marvel Zombies? :wow:

[YT]QjRTsV7ODMY[/YT]​

or their version of the exact same thing COH has been doing

I had honestly almost forgotten this game existed lol. I was looking at this month's Gameinformer finally and they had a small article on it. They basically said the character creation was more fun than the in game stuff itself. So I decided to check it out, and realized they had a temporary free trial going on PC.

I dl'd it, had some fun with creating a character....but not much else. This was soooo much like CoH to me it wasn't funny. The character creation screen, that same blue background behind the text, menu's, everything (IMO) just screamed CoH 2.0 with better graphics. CoH itself didn't hold my attention for more than 2 months.

I was pretty disapointed by what I played. Not a bad game, but not what many hyped it up to be. FFXIV will prob be my next MMO, and this wasn't even on my radar, but I still had hoped this and DC Online would help take console MMO's up a notch. Tho DC Online's combat still looks interesting to me in it's defense.

Last edited:
i cancelled my sub today. I gave it a try but nothing was keeping me coming back to the game

I haven't really been visiting these forums so much... especially this thread.

I've been on the CO forums and occasionally chatting there.

I dunno about you guys... i LOVED CoX but this game tops it. More customized creation and the graphics are better. Sure, say that CoX has more costume pieces... but you're comparing it to a game thats been out for... 6 years? CO just came out and we've already seen free and buyable costume pieces. Some great events and a new one on the way.

They've talked about having vehicles in the game at some point. Can't expect it all at once, or everyone will get bored. And also, like CoX has, they want to add super bases. And we're told something "big" is happening in the first quarter of 2010.

Right now there isnt much for end game. There is daily missions, and some lairs. However, like i stated above, this game just started. Its not a game thats been out for 5 years and grown into something so big.

I too miss CoX sometimes... I played it for 2 n a half years... but CO is my new home and I like where things have been going. I can honestly say I know more story about CO then CoX. I felt i was just another hero runnin around doin random stuff and there wasnt a story to it. I know i'm wrong... and there was... but i didnt see it. CO you do. You learn more faces on both sides in CO... in CoX i felt there weren't alot of big characters... and i dont think i fought any.

Why the hell is this in Multiplatform?

Just downloaded it, gonna give it a try later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"