DC Universe Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villains/Heroes who are -not- flagged show up as purple on your map. Enemies whom you can attack show up as red.

Ah ok that makes more sense...though it isn't explained when you start at a PvE server. My main is on PvP so I was confused with the color coding. DC fails to notify the players of a lot of things in this game. Some small and some big.

I have a question! How to gain points (i guess there are different kinds) so I can buy iconic battle armor? I'm almost level 30, I've completed all "Alerts" and I gain no special points...

can your character have more than 1 superpower?

Like, if you wanted to make a Superman-like character, could you have flight, super strength, heat vision, freeze breath, etc.?

or, are you stuck with just 1 power?

I am having a lot of fun with this.

I've decided to stick to PvE, the 10 levels I spent in PvP were kind of a hassle and I don't really see the appeal. I have no real interest in being attacked by some bored guy when I'm dealing with other objectives. If I feel the need to fight other dudes than PvE has the options to, but I'd rather not have to deal with it otherwise.

Like, if you wanted to make a Superman-like character, could you have flight, super strength, heat vision, freeze breath, etc.?

actually you are given two powers and an attack...if you respec and take iconic powers you could have superman's powers

Yup. Those other powers like freeze breath, heat vision, etc are iconic powers and available to everybody

Sort of.

When you start your character, you pick what power base you want ; Fire, Ice, Gadget, Mental, Sorcery, Nature. Then you pick a base weapon out of like 11 choices.

Once you hit lvl 10, you're able to unlock a seperate power tree called "Iconic Powers", where you find things like SHAZAM Thunderbolt, Superman's Heat Vision and Freeze Breath, Black Canary's Canary Call, amongst a myriad of other things.

The PS3 version seems to be outselling the PC version

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145646p1.html
I already put up a link from joystiq saying that havok the thing is they admitted though that they don't have access to steam sales or know how to get their hands on them ether. though i did put up another link long before this one that stated from Game trailers that they saw both direct 2 drives and steams sales are high for this game. it did out sell COD black ops according to GT on both steam and d2d.

Last edited:
I just made a new character for No Man's Land. Dual pistols FTW!

Heh. I need to play I reached level 30 with Pumara and just kinda took a break. Today's suppose to be a rough weather day, maybe I'll get some play in there.

I got into the Batcabe 2 vs 2 Legands Arena today. And the two Harleys whipped our two Robins butts. I mean it was my first time and I didn't know what I was doing but they (Harleys) sure felt way overpowered.

You can earn 40 renown for a wanted mission from that particular faction. I do all wanteds daily. Also at 30 you get challenge modes. It's the end of mission chain bosses. You have to solo them. Like harleyquinn where you go in jokers funhouse. These give you 120 renown with that faction. It's the whole funhouse but everyone is 30 and you have to solo it.

Now the iconic armor you see on display in the 3 wings are as followed:
meta wing center = superman armor, need distinction marks gained from doing raids
meta wing left side = hawkman armor, need marks of victory, gained from pvp in arenas or legends.
meta wing right side = flash armor, need marks or triumph, can get this from hard alerts or duos when you hit 30. Also can turn in 10 allegiance marks for 1 triumph mark.

This is the same for the tech wing and magic wing as well. Same location just different iconic armor. Same marks needed.

The center armor is the raid armor
the left armor is the pvp armor or tier 2. In reactor core in meta wing you can find the tier 1 pvp armor
the right side is the hard alert armor.

Raids = marks of distinction
Pvp = mark of victory
Hard alert = mark of triumph
Dailies = mark of allegiance
Feel free to add or correct this. It's quite a thing to grasp if you don't understand the mark system

Yeah, ****'s not serious enough to do all that work. I've never had the patience for endgame armor in MMOs

I wonder if they're holding back on that intentionally, not to get in the way of the GL game that is coming out. It will be Green Lantern's first video game so they might figure if they allowed people to use GL powers in DCU before it comes out, it would steal some of the game's thunder.

today's fix:
Abilities: Psychic Empowerment now properly restores power.
Abilities: Performing a dodge roll will no longer dodge healing abilities.
Challenges: Power Girl now drops loot in the level 30 Challenge Mode for Storming the Ivory Tower.
Faction Rewards: Villain faction rewards now only require Marks of Allegiance and no longer require an unavailable badge type.
Feats: Any feat that requires a specific number of PvP wins should now be granted properly after the correct number of wins.
Trait Resets: If you reset traits while in a different shape change form you will no longer remain stuck in that form.
Trait Resets: All buffs cast by the player character from abilities granted by traits will now be removed when resetting traits.
Trait Resets: Resetting traits with a weapon type equipped that was earned by a trait (i.e. not the weapon type chosen at character create) will no longer continue to give the stats of the equipped weapon with no basic abilities.
o Now all stats will be removed from equipped weapons for which you do not have the required trait.

o In this situation, you should have the same basic punching abilities that you get if you unequip your weapon.

o Purchasing the trait to grant access to that weapon type again will now restore those stats.

I wonder if they're holding back on that intentionally, not to get in the way of the GL game that is coming out. It will be Green Lantern's first video game so they might figure if they allowed people to use GL powers in DCU before it comes out, it would steal some of the game's thunder.

actually the first major update for the game will be Green Lantern....what that entails no one knows

What does resetting your traits do? Can you change everything about your character, or just go back and re-buy different skills and weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"