Changes You Would Make To the Franchise

House_of_El

Defender of Krypton
Reaction score
Title says it all.

I am in no way intending this thread to bash the Burton/Schumacher films, just state how you would change the franchise.

That's about it really

Oh, and no Mr. Freeze or brainwashed Bane

Let Burton finish a triolgy. (assuming he had one)

No matter what it may have turned out like - Burton and Keaton derserved a chance to conclude things.

Let Burton finish a triolgy. (assuming he had one)

No matter what it may have turned out like - Burton and Keaton derserved a chance to conclude things.

I definitely agree with you there. This is probably not the first time this idea (or something similar) has been suggested, but anyway, if I were Warner Brothers, I would allow Burton to finish his trilogy. If everything goes as scheduled, then BB 3 will come out in 2011. Shortly after it comes out, Burton should begin shooting his third and final Batman movie. Michael Keaton will be sixty in 2011, which isn't really that old, Harrison Ford just shot Indy IV at 65.

It could be sort of a Dark Knight Returns kind of thing (NOT a direct adaptation), with an older Batman, and it could tie up some of the story threads that Batman Returns left dangling. Obviously this is not ideal, and it would probably be a very different movie from what Burton would have made in 1995, but at the very least it would allow him to have some closure on the whole Batman thing.

Having burton and keaton return now is a pipe dream though a TDKR movie with them could be amazing I ave nothing against Nolans movie but it just isnt my batman the bigggest flaw to me is the look of gotham, the wayne portrayal and batman being a tool to fight crime rather then a dark part of his personality, the batmobile and most importantly the based in reality aspect which limits the inclusion of more fantastical characters.

Having burton and keaton return now is a pipe dream though a TDKR movie with them could be amazing I ave nothing against Nolans movie but it just isnt my batman the bigggest flaw to me is the look of gotham, the wayne portrayal and batman being a tool to fight crime rather then a dark part of his personality, the batmobile and most importantly the based in reality aspect which limits the inclusion of more fantastical characters.
You fail when you can't see that Gotham is shown in BB exactly how it's portrayed in some greatest canons depictions like Marshall Rogers or Neal Adams, among many others. Calling it 'flaw' only shows how you don't know some great iconics depictions of Batman.

Batman it's not just a 'tool' to scare criminals, lol... It's really rooted on the darkest part of his personality, regarding all that fear subplot and how he managed to overcome it, embracing exactly that creature that he feared the most and was indirectly the cause of his parents death which is the motivation for him to become Batman.

About the batmobile I'm not even going to place any comment, only that it sounds to me like that moronic 'teh puffy' argument. Laughable.

The 'based in reality aspect' is also a matter of taste, when you include this also as a 'flaw' you make it just laughable.

You could just say 'I hate almost everything about BB' and that would be fine, it is your opinion anyway, but calling it 'flaw' only makes you look not very smart. :(

You fail when you can't see that Gotham is shown in BB exactly how it's portrayed in some greatest canons depictions like Marshall Rogers or Neal Adams, among many others. Calling it 'flaw' only shows how you don't know some great iconics depictions of Batman.

So gotham looks like Chicago? thats the first i have heard on it. at the end of the day B89 Gotham looks far better a then BB Gotham its a corrupt, nightmarish landscape of a city with haphazard buildings and gothic gargoyles aplenty its creation from the ground up not a few well placed shots of an existing city thats just ppure lazyness from Nolan and co imo.

Batman it's not just a 'tool' to scare criminals, lol... It's really rooted on the darkest part of his personality, regarding all that fear subplot and how he managed to overcome it, embracing exactly that creature that he feared the most and was indirectly the cause of his parents death which is the motivation for him to become Batman.

Sorry wayne crys to falcone and runs of to training along the way he comes back and said it himself he needs a tool to really scare the criminals yes this is in the original comics and yes he chooses bats because of his childhood trauma but not once did i think he IS batman an almost duel personality with a natural voice and attitude all i say is angry bale donning a suit that echoes this this may be your thing but Keaton seemed FAR more tramitised and scarred to the extent to dress as a bat then bale

About the batmobile I'm not even going to place any comment, only that it sounds to me like that moronic 'teh puffy' argument. Laughable.

Its a valid critisism the batmobile is a car built by wayne (or to his specifications) its not a out of commision bridging vehicle how does this bridgeing vehicle all of a sudden aquire cloaking devices and a rocket launcher is beyond me its NOT a batmobile another lazy point to nolan and co.

The 'based in reality aspect' is also a matter of taste, when you include this also as a 'flaw' you make it just laughable.

Its a flaw to me though the realism aspect we will never see the likes of Penguin, clayface, poisen ivy ect you can say it might happen but we all know nolan is dead set against it strike three.

You could just say 'I hate almost everything about BB' and that would be fine, it is your opinion anyway, but calling it 'flaw' only makes you look not very smart. :(

I dont hate BB i just think it was a really wasted oppertunity bale could have been perfect with beter direction alfred isnt a cockney geezer and gotham isnt chicago and most of all the realism aspect ruins what could have been the greatest of superhero movies for me you dont like my opinions fine but dont lower yourself with the not very smart comment mate.:cwink:

^OPPPPS Sorry! my answers to your post are in the quote box (except the last answer) i havent got the hang of putting it between quotes yet my bad.

Damiean Dark said:
So gotham looks like Chicago? thats the first i have heard on it. at the end of the day B89 Gotham looks far better a then BB Gotham its a corrupt, nightmarish landscape of a city with haphazard buildings and gothic gargoyles aplenty its creation from the ground up not a few well placed shots of an existing city thats just ppure lazyness from Nolan and co imo.
Sorry wayne crys to falcone and runs of to training along the way he comes back and said it himself he needs a tool to really scare the criminals yes this is in the original comics and yes he chooses bats because of his childhood trauma but not once did i think he IS batman an almost duel personality with a natural voice and attitude all i say is angry bale donning a suit that echoes this this may be your thing but Keaton seemed FAR more tramitised and scarred to the extent to dress as a bat then bale
Its a valid critisism the batmobile is a car built by wayne (or to his specifications) its not a out of commision bridging vehicle how does this bridgeing vehicle all of a sudden aquire cloaking devices and a rocket launcher is beyond me its NOT a batmobile another lazy point to nolan and co.
Its a flaw to me though the realism aspect we will never see the likes of Penguin, clayface, poisen ivy ect you can say it might happen but we all know nolan is dead set against it strike three.
I dont hate BB i just think it was a really wasted oppertunity bale could have been perfect with beter direction alfred isnt a cockney geezer and gotham isnt chicago and most of all the realism aspect ruins what could have been the greatest of superhero movies for me you dont like my opinions fine but dont lower yourself with the not very smart comment mate.
You should stop then, in making your point of view based on 'hear of' and start reading some source material. Take a look at some greatest depictions of Batman in comics (like Neal Adams or Marshall Rogers and many others) and you'll see that Gotham not only looks like Chicago, but looks like any other huge industrial city in the world.

The Tumbler. Batman Begins it's just another possible depiction of these futuristic piece of automobile. Batman story had always been that way. And Bruce did have some devices made under his specifications, like his cowl. In TDK, I can't tell before watching the movie, but everything I have seen and read so far, points to the direction that he'll have even more devices made under his specifications.

Batman being only a 'tool' to fight crime, read my last post again.

About those characters, all of them can be portrayed in this given franchise, maybe getting the first Clayface, Penguin could pass entirely unchanged and Poison Ivy could be portrayed like an eco-terrorist and ingenious botanist, utilizing toxines from plants and genetic research and easily give a heightened realism aspect to her character aswell.

Not being able in distinguishing between personal taste and a 'flaw' isn't really a smart mode to go.

Sorry the starter of this thread, I'm not going to hijack your thread with stupid off-topic arguments.

Let Burton, Keaton, Nicholson, & Pfeiffer come back to do a adaption of The Dark Knight Returns, they are all are the perfect age and it could end Burton's take on Batman. This is something I really want to happen since its one of my favourite Comics ever.

And have Batman Forever & Batman & Robin erased from history.

Batman Begins wise have a real Batmobile & make Bale lose the deep voice. And make sure there at least 7 Nolan/Bale Batman movies.

I'd add a Gordon-Batman relationship scene and three flashbacks for Batman in this order: 1.- Bruce Wayne in the Tibet training with some Asian mentor 2.- The bat going through the window and Bruce realizing bats can scare the hell out of criminals, 3.- Waynes being killed by Jack Napier (actually in the movie) and I have the most definitive Batman movie.

I would have let Burton and Keaton complete a trilogy, have a decent length gap of about five years or so and then started the reboot with Nolan and Batman Begins and allow him to do his vision of a Batman trilogy or beyond if he wanted.

I would erase both Schumacher movies as they were terrible and really a bad stain on an otherwise decent franchise.

I dont hate BB i just think it was a really wasted oppertunity bale could have been perfect with beter direction alfred isnt a cockney geezer and gotham isnt chicago and most of all the realism aspect ruins what could have been the greatest of superhero movies for me you dont like my opinions fine but dont lower yourself with the not very smart comment mate.:cwink:
Oh I know! I don't know what they were thinking when they thought, "oh, lets make Alfred a cockney geezer". Butlers aren't cockney geezers! They're refined Englishmen. But BB wasn't too bad, in my opinion - it was no B89, but then nothing will ever match B89 ever again.

I just wish Burton had made the third Batman film with Robin Williams as the Riddler as originally planned. It would have been SO good - I heard that Burton's Riddler was going to have a question mark cut into his forehead.

I would have had Batman Forever kinda split into two movies.

Forever would have followed on from Returns with Chip Shreck teaming up with Maroni to put an end to Batman, while the Riddler plot we're familiar with would stay much the same.

No Two-Face, it'd be Harvey Dent still, and he'd be working with the Dark Knight to stop Maroni. Along the way, Maroni would be responsible for the Grayson murders and Dick would move in with Bruce. Selina would return, to torment Chip and financially bankrupt him, and make things awkward for Batman. Maroni scars Dent and The Riddler kills Chip for his power plant and empire.

Batman & Robin would continue, with Dent as Two-Face and Dick now Robin. The Riddler makes an alliance with Two-Face and Dr Meridian is introduced.

If Schumacher still had to take over part 3, I would at least substitute in a much younger Robin.

The dynamic works best when Dick's story mirrors Bruce's the closest, and that's hard to do when Dick loses his parents at 17, 18 or however old he was supposed to be (worsened by the fact that he looked like he was in his 20s). I like the father/son relationship much more than the brothers/friends one, which was what Forever did.

Oh and B&R would've never been made, heh. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"