Chapter 19 - ".07%" - Clip(s) & Discussion

Perhaps you should watch something alittle less complex, like The Next Pussycat Doll.
Perhaps you should consider complexity, and if it really applies to Heroes.

It doesn't.

Consider this--Sylar has just come up against someone who actually gives him a challenge. Not only did Peter immediately heal from the wound, but he flung Sylar across the room, and then turned invisible. Here, Sylar was faced with someone with multiple abilites, and he was bound to be racking his brain trying to think of a way to subdue Peter. He was distracted. I'm sure there have been instances you were so focused in on something that you didn't hear something happen near you, happens to everyone.
Yeah, but this isn't exactly having someone sneak up behind you and flicking your ear while you try to beat that final boss of a video game. Sylar can hear, in the words of the woman he took the hearing from; "I can hear rain coming from 40 miles away, I can even hear someone's moods." And going with how badly the tuning fork affected him, it doesn't matter how distracted you are if someone is pretty much stamping around, banging a drum and shouting through a megaphone "I'm going to attack you from behind!" You're going to turn around and be prepared.

He didn't even look distracted anyway, it's not like Peter was much of a challange.

Yeah, I think it was poor writing. I felt like they completely forgot about his hearing powers. They were just trying to find away for Peter to lose and still have Seresh (sp?) live. IMO it would have been cooler if Peter had stopped time and escaped w/ Seresh.

i really wanna see jessica go "she-hulk" candice..I'm really tired of her little" I'm all that attitude"...but shes smokin hot though..grrrr

Perhaps you should consider complexity, and if it really applies to Heroes.

It doesn't.

Yeah, but this isn't exactly having someone sneak up behind you and flicking your ear while you try to beat that final boss of a video game. Sylar can hear, in the words of the woman he took the hearing from; "I can hear rain coming from 40 miles away, I can even hear someone's moods." And going with how badly the tuning fork affected him, it doesn't matter how distracted you are if someone is pretty much stamping around, banging a drum and shouting through a megaphone "I'm going to attack you from behind!" You're going to turn around and be prepared.

He didn't even look distracted anyway, it's not like Peter was much of a challange.

Well they have not established if even Peter can use multiple powers at the same time so why would you think Sylar would be able to?

If his super hearing could be turned off it would have been when he had been hooked up to the power inhibiting drip and had the tuning fork put to his ear that caused him to scream out in pain.

If his super hearing could be turned off it would have been when he had been hooked up to the power inhibiting drip and had the tuning fork put to his ear that caused him to scream out in pain.

I don't think Sylar's powers have a on/off switch. He probably can't use abilities simutaneously. Or he hasn't had the time to properly learn how. Come to think of it, I never seen Peter use two abilities at the same time either. I think when Mo had him drugged, he didn't have control over his powers. If his hearing powers were always on, then he'd be driven crazy. The woman he stole the power from had to wear headphones constantly.

If you're focused enough, surprisingly loud noises can be missed. And for all we know the board was lined up a bit with him already and Mohinder just shoved it(it's not liked he was walking around the place trying to get lined up). If Mohinder just suddenly shoved it into him, even if he did hear something, he didn't find Mohinder to be a threat and so he ignored the minor sounds he was making. Not to mention, hearing something happening five feet away, doesn't necessarily translate into being able to react to it in time.

I don't think it's sorry writing, it's plausible if you're willing to think it out.

So let's say his hearing power was turned off, (though I still don't think it was, if it could be he would have done it when he stole the power instead of having to go through the agony of having everything around him turned up to deafening proportions) he was still using his telekinesis at the time her was attack. The same power he used to stop a bullet, only this time he could react fast enough to stop an injured man pushing something lightweight into him.

Really all I'm trying to say is that for someone who's supposed to be an ever increasingly powerful evil badass, he's incredibley lame. Maybe it's partly the actor's fault though, but whatever the case Sylar feels about as intimidating and threatening as Roger Rabbit.

So let's say his hearing power was turned off, (though I still don't think it was, if it could be he would have done it when he stole the power instead of having to go through the agony of having everything around him turned up to deafening proportions) he was still using his telekinesis at the time her was attack. The same power he used to stop a bullet, only this time he could react fast enough to stop an injured man pushing something lightweight into him.

Really all I'm trying to say is that for someone who's supposed to be an ever increasingly powerful evil badass, he's incredibley lame. Maybe it's partly the actor's fault though, but whatever the case Sylar feels about as intimidating and threatening as Roger Rabbit.

LOL, Yeah Sylar use to be a scary character. They built him up so much that once they revealed his back story he just became just you're average psycho and not really intimidating. I'm sure once he gets a hold of the shape shifter chick's powers or the nuclear man, he'll regain his threatening status.

I'm sure once he gets a hold of the shape shifter chick's powers or the nuclear man
illusionist...and i don't think he does. in the Chapter 20 thread, someone linked to some clips of the next episode...

he hasn't mastered the hearing ability yet, and he's singularly minded - he wants more power. because of that, his attention and focus were on Peter. he's not some all-powerful guy like you're trying to make him out to be. just because he hasn't mastered the hearing ability doesn't mean he hears every single little thing going on.

i really wanna see jessica go "she-hulk" candice..I'm really tired of her little" I'm all that attitude"...but shes smokin hot though..grrrr

Me too! When Jessica finds out Linderman took her son she is going to kill him (or at least try to). A fight between her and Candice would be really cool too. She would so own Candice. And FYI: they are both smokin hot..grrrrr

Assuming Candice can't also transform into thing other than humans, that is. Maybe that pick Issac did with Clair's dad and that big ass monster is really foreshadowing something to come.

she's not transforming into anything. it's all illusions.

I dont think Candice could beat Jessica, but she could easily avoid her. She creates illusions. All she needs to do is create a bunch of copies of herself to confuse her.

Those invisibility powers render the person invisible to both sight AND hearing. Check the Claude episodes.

I think the misconception is that Sylar actually is a badass just because he has a lot of badass powers. He's a bipolar egomaniac who has a developing alpha-male personality, spurned by his power acquisition.

The show seems to have gone to great pains to show that these are just really regular people who happened to be endowed with some pretty amazing genetical gifts. It's like railing on Kobe Bryant for not scoring 100 in a game or railing on Barry Bonds for not hitting every pitch thrown to him. Having a gift doesn't make one's decison making ability, nor reaction time perfect - it just gives them an extra ability when called upon. However, if that person doesn't react appropriately by using the so-called gift when called upon, then they don't end up with the desired defense or result.

Those invisibility powers render the person invisible to both sight AND hearing. Check the Claude episodes.
I dont think so...I remember in an episode when Mohinder and Nathan were looking for Peter, Peter tried to run away and Claude saved him by turning him invisible and covering his mouth. Why would he cover his mouth if they cany be heard when rendered invisible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"