• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Heroes and Death (major spoilers)

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like real comic books, death has become incredibly cheap on Heroes? I mean, it started out with HRG's death being almost instantly reversed. Niki (or some personality) is alive, according to spoilers. Linderman is alive. I mean, we're going to be told Nathan is dead, but does anyone really believe it? Anyone else feel that death is really cheap on this show? It takes away any sense of suspense. They need to pull a 24 season 5 and just go on a massive killing streak, just to put some doubt in the audience's mind.

have faith friend. from what ive heard season 3 will be every bit as good as season 1. lets not judge until we have a chance to see for ourselves.

have faith friend. from what ive heard season 3 will be every bit as good as season 1. lets not judge until we have a chance to see for ourselves.

Its not about quality. It is about suspense. Every character who dies, seems to be resurrected. Hell, Claire's blood seems like the ultimate deus ex machina tool. Any time the writers are in a corner they can use it. How long until DL comes back, I wonder?

The fact that DL was in season two was crap, he sacrificed himself for Nikki! Hell at the start of two we were lead to believe that he was dead coz he was shot at the end on season one, then they pull an, obvious, quick one saying he lived but died for Nikki again.

The fact that DL was in season two was crap, he sacrificed himself for Nikki! Hell at the start of two we were lead to believe that he was dead coz he was shot at the end on season one, then they pull an, obvious, quick one saying he lived but died for Nikki again.

I don't think he died for Nikki, it was a tragic circumstance rather than him throwing himself in front of the gun. He just was murdered and it came out of nowhere.

Does anyone else feel like real comic books, death has become incredibly cheap on Heroes? I mean, it started out with HRG's death being almost instantly reversed. Niki (or some personality) is alive, according to spoilers. Linderman is alive. I mean, we're going to be told Nathan is dead, but does anyone really believe it? Anyone else feel that death is really cheap on this show? It takes away any sense of suspense. They need to pull a 24 season 5 and just go on a massive killing streak, just to put some doubt in the audience's mind.
I agree that death seems a little cheap on this show because the writers can always turn around and resurrect a character for whatever reason and no one popular seems to stay dead for long, but I don't think they need to go on a killing spree. Stories don't have to have a lot of death to be good or interesting. All the writers have to do is stop copping out when it's time for a character to die. If it makes sense for them to die, then kill them, and keep them dead regardless of popularity. I'm conflicted about the deaths of Bennet and Nathan because I think they are two of the best characters on the show, and I'd prefer they stay around, but I'm annoyed by them coming back so easily too. The writers never should have had them die in the first place, in my opinion.

As for Niki, I'm not too sure she's coming back. There is a spoiler that says Ali Larter is playing a brand new character named Tracy Strauss. She's not supposed to be Niki or any of Niki's personalities, according to this spoiler. I'm OK with it as long as they explain why this character looks like Niki. They never wrote Niki properly anyway. Hopefully, they give whoever she is something interesting to do.

I'm not convinced Linderman is alive either. From the reports I've seen, it appears that Nathan is the only one who can see Linderman in the premiere. Meaning Linderman could be some sort of spirit or (as I hope) a hallucination of Nathan's. Nathan hallucinated a charred version of himself in the second season. Who's to say he's not hallucinating again?

Honestly, I kinda wished that Niki/Jessica/Gina/Tracy/whatever the **** personality she has, stayed dead. From what I've heard about her storyline in season three, it just sounds kind of contrived. I dont know. I guess I'll just wait to see how it plays out, but I havent exactly been a fan of her storylines in the past 2 seasons, and I'm not sure season 3 will be any different.

Yep. Nathan should have died. Not because I don't like the character, but because the death of a beloved character adds drama to the story. There would always be suspense and fear that anyone on the show could die.

DL should be alive... then death can mean something on the show. Starting with Niki/Whatever.

As much as I like Nathan, the Petrellis and their interesting family dynamics, It would have been better if Nathan died, It would have been interesting to see where Peter would have gone from there, without his beloved brother, the most important person in his life, he would have been able to evolve and get a little more badass I think... just like future Peter.

I agree with you Andreth, it would have been more intresting without him. But whatever, I also like the character so meh.

A few certain people with abilities havent been seen since their death. I think your blowing the healing blood thing way out of the water. I could understand it as a deus ex machina but them coming back wasnt to make a happy ending. Its much more sinister. Officially Nathan never dies even with his season 2 "end" . Your idea of linderman wont hold water if the Linderman thats we see isnt the real linderman. Niki we never saw a body(so again how can death be cheap for characters that never died). Really besides Hrg, no one has been brought back from death officially(not counting regenerators). Everyone else who has died, really have stayed dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"