• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Chapter 39 - “Angels and Monsters” – Discussion Thread 10/13/08

Again, I'm not saying that they shouldn't delve into what makes Peter a darker character, or what could possibly redeem Sylar... but as I can see and you agree with me on this... so far they're doing a piss poor job.

With Peter I'd like to see him actually make a series of choices that eventually lead to his realising that he has sacrificed a lot of his principles for the greater good. With Syler, i'd like him to realize that through his bond with the Petrelli family he has a bigger destiny than he'd imagine, he'd always been special, and as such he'll try to control his hunger so that he could be part of the family. One could also argue that taking Claire power would change him somehow. It would help him heal his mental scars. But it's not something he'd ever completely master, a la John Nash from A brilliant mind. That's how I'd imagine a turn for these characters but it would take a lot of time and a lot of energy. The script writers seem to wanna skip over that alltogether. :(

I agree about Peter. I don't buy the hunger at all. It's way too drastic.

Well, Future Sylar managed to control the Hunger, so can Peter. Anyway, the writers will soon forget it, like they always do. A lot of plot devices gets thrown into the Vortex Guy's vortex like there's no tomorrow.

BTW, Mr. Muggles licked some of Claire's blood riiiiight at the beginning of S1. So, that means Mr. Muggles can't die as well?

Well, Future Sylar managed to control the Hunger, so can Peter. Anyway, the writers will soon forget it, like they always do. A lot of plot devices gets thrown into the Vortex Guy's vortex like there's no tomorrow.

BTW, Mr. Muggles licked some of Claire's blood riiiiight at the beginning of S1. So, that means Mr. Muggles can't die as well?

The blood just heals IIRC

Again, I'm not saying that they shouldn't delve into what makes Peter a darker character, or what could possibly redeem Sylar... but as I can see and you agree with me on this... so far they're doing a piss poor job.

With Peter I'd like to see him actually make a series of choices that eventually lead to his realising that he has sacrificed a lot of his principles for the greater good. With Syler, i'd like him to realize that through his bond with the Petrelli family he has a bigger destiny than he'd imagine, he'd always been special, and as such he'll try to control his hunger so that he could be part of the family. One could also argue that taking Claire power would change him somehow. It would help him heal his mental scars. But it's not something he'd ever completely master, a la John Nash from A brilliant mind. That's how I'd imagine a turn for these characters but it would take a lot of time and a lot of energy. The script writers seem to wanna skip over that alltogether. :(

Agreed. It'd be pretty fascinating to see some of what they're trying to do play out naturally over the course of the season, and put the focus on, I don't know, the Villains.

i know were only half way through and it will be explained.
but can anyone think of a reason why Mr Petrelli wants Matt when Maury has the same power?

who here hates how they turn Suresh into a bad guy

lol, they do forget a lot of things, and with the blood thing, does this mean that HRG is immortal aswell?

IDK I hope they explain that someone slipped Nathan some of Claire or Adam's stored blood, because if all these people are becoming immortal, even Mr. Muggles, but wait, that might explain why Mr. Muggles was in the future with Sylar, the first thing I thought when I saw that dog was "he's still alive" those dogs should have a pretty small lifespan and I'm sure they've had him well before the show starts

Well I don't have a problem with it since I already started hating him since he shot HRG.

Me too

i know were only half way through and it will be explained.
but can anyone think of a reason why Mr Petrelli wants Matt when Maury has the same power?

Maybe because the last time Matt fought Maury he left him stuck in a prison with no walls.

Yeah, Matt probably has more potential than Maury.

I have a question, when HGR had a gun on the vortex guy and told him to kill Sylar, why didn't Sylar hear this conversation? Since he still has his power to move things with his mind you'd think he'd still have his super hearing from season 1. I doubt Sylar heard what was going on from his reaction. Had he heard/known what HGR was saying I doubt he would just be standing there. I guess the writer's forgot about the super hearing. :whatever:

Actually the writers have basically stated that Sylars powers were reset except for his TK. So he would have to find another person with super hearing to aquire the ability again.

why did he lose it or why does he need to find someone else?

my theory on it is that after he took the antidote and his power got restored it also restored that TK cause that was the first power he gained and had the longest. It is possible that since he had it for so long it is now as permanent as his power to see how things work (i think that made sense but thats just my theory)

I have a question, when HGR had a gun on the vortex guy and told him to kill Sylar, why didn't Sylar hear this conversation? Since he still has his power to move things with his mind you'd think he'd still have his super hearing from season 1. I doubt Sylar heard what was going on from his reaction. Had he heard/known what HGR was saying I doubt he would just be standing there. I guess the writer's forgot about the super hearing. :whatever:
I think Sylar did hear him or figured it out, because in the car at the end before HRG dropped Claire off, he said it to Claire and HRG tried to convince Claire he said that to protect the family

yea it seemed pretty obvious to me that he heard them

Even if he didn't hear them, he probably figured it out. He's supposed to be the puzzle solver.

Or perhaps they're still holding back some information

I'll be surprised if the writers can keep half of their continuity or answer half the questions they raise by the end of the season.

He went atomic in the 4 year future. Either the writer's made a flub in an interview or they are idiots:o

Or we can just go the simple route of he finds someone else with the ability and takes it from them like he did Ted. But ofcourse we have to do that with Issac aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"