• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Chapter 39 - “Angels and Monsters” – Discussion Thread 10/13/08

Remember, when he blew up in "I Am Become Death" that was four years into the future, the writers even stated that between then and now he regained that power again from another person. And the writers have already said that after Sylar contracted the Shanti Virus in season two then cured himself he's starting from a clean slate of powers except for his original Intuitive Aptitude and Telekinesis.

We'll learn more about Sylar's powers and how he was able to retain Telekinesis in the episode eight "Villains" which will be flashback episode, going to events that happened BEFORE the season one premiere.

Or we can just go the simple route of he finds someone else with the ability and takes it from them like he did Ted. But ofcourse we have to do that with Issac aswell.

Maybe he killed the African guy who helped Parkman fot Issac's abilities, and as you said some other guy for Ted's abilities, IDK what's going on with his abilities, maybe he regains them over time, or in the future continuity he never lost his powers, hopefully his power-randomosity will be cleared up as the season progresses, as I swear he still has super hearing in the current continuity as well as his TK

Or we can just go the simple route of he finds someone else with the ability and takes it from them like he did Ted. But ofcourse we have to do that with Issac aswell.
It still doesn't account for the fact that he did not originally have TK. It was a horrible part done on the writer's side IMO:o

he was mean to maya.........*sniff sniff* yeah that's all. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all?

just a minor side note to those that said the hunger concept for sylar was made up all of a sudden...it wasnt...my sister is watching the first season now, she has never seen the show before so i got her started. in the scene when mohinder is at his apt with eden there is a message on his fathers machine from sylar where he mentions that the hunger in him is growing. just thought that i would point that out.

just a minor side note to those that said the hunger concept for sylar was made up all of a sudden...it wasnt...my sister is watching the first season now, she has never seen the show before so i got her started. in the scene when mohinder is at his apt with eden there is a message on his fathers machine from sylar where he mentions that the hunger in him is growing. just thought that i would point that out.

:wow::wow:

You're right! I forgot all about that. Though I always took that in a figurative sense...maybe the writers actually meant literally?

When I first heard that, I thought that hunger was for EATING brains.

The heroes are screwed. Nobody's a good guy anymore. Only Matt and HRG. Sylar is semi good though.

The heroes are screwed. Nobody's a good guy anymore. Only Matt and HRG. Sylar is semi good though.

But doesn't Mr. Bennet wanting Sylar (who's now kinda a good guy) dead mean that Mr. Bennet might not be fully a good guy anymore?

SAVE US PACMAN! :wow:

I think if he that if Claire wasn't around, HRG wouldn't hate Sylar as much. The look that the two shared between eachother when Sylar helped him out at the bank makes it seem so.

I consider HRG a good guy. His methods are a little extreme is all. Claire is the reason HRG is extra mad at Sylar but even if Sylar didn't go after her, HRG probably still would detest him.
I was just wondering who's gonna step up and be a hero this season. Hiro is failing, Peter is kookoo for cocopuffs , Matt is stuck in Africa, HRG is busy trying to kill Sylar and Claire can't do anything. Angela needs Monica and Elle. Hell even Micah.

I honestly think for this volume the Villains (Sylar, Daphne, Knox ect) will be the heroes.

I consider HRG a good guy. His methods are a little extreme is all. Claire is the reason HRG is extra mad at Sylar but even if Sylar didn't go after her, HRG probably still would detest him.
I was just wondering who's gonna step up and be a hero this season. Hiro is failing, Peter is kookoo for cocopuffs , Matt is stuck in Africa, HRG is busy trying to kill Sylar and Claire can't do anything. Angela needs Monica and Elle. Hell even Micah.

HRG is to Claire as Jack Bristow was to Sydney Bristow. Fathers making questionable decisions all in the name of protecting their daughters at all costs.

how can suresh bounce back from any of the S*** he's done now? this is starting to get ridiculous...i do like that he toyed with powers and how he was envious and powerless when it came to dealing with the people he was trying to understand, so thats why he gave in and injected himself ...but they (writers whoever) have taken it too far...i want old suresh back.

how can suresh bounce back from any of the S*** he's done now? this is starting to get ridiculous...i do like that he toyed with powers and how he was envious and powerless when it came to dealing with the people he was trying to understand, so thats why he gave in and injected himself ...but they (writers whoever) have taken it too far...i want old suresh back.

So you're saying you want a Suresh Refresh? :D :p

I wonder what will happen between Ando and Hiro. I have a feeling Hiro will travel back in time once he find out where the formula is and stop himself from killing Ando, thus telling past Hiro where to find the formula.

He went atomic in the 4 year future. Either the writer's made a flub in an interview or they are idiots:o

or even worse, they think viewers are idiots. But then again they had Sylar use Eden's demon voice back in season 1 "because it was cool".:huh:

I'm liking Bad ass company Claire :]

But she needs more than a tazor. LOL. <3

What!?! Oh my god, she sucks so much trying to be tough. I'm glad Angela got screwed by five people in that show, I was tired of her being a conniving, controlling *****. And I liked how the latina fought back, even though it was incredibly stupid for her to let up. And I'm getting back into the show, so I have no idea if Hiro will bring Ando back, but I hope so, he makes Hiro tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"