Characters you want to see in sequels

I def want a sequel. I wish they never made Baroness be brainwashed... there are ways to make her a villain again (although I can't think of any) bc she really won't work as a hero. She was really the best part of the movie.

Seems pretty obvious that there will be something to make her go back to McCullen and the Commander, as you can't have a COBRA without The Baroness. It'll be her struggle, and the source of most of Duke and Destro's drama, most likely.

And also:

In "The Mission That Never Was", it is revealed that the core G.I. Joe members were sent on one final mission, which resulted in Cobra's Brainwave Scanner being corrupted by a virus that spread through the entirety of their mainframe. Crippled and defeated, Cobra then fell to a "unified military attack" (this attack is never detailed in a story, but hinted at in various "Battle Files" entries). A happy side effect of this confluence of events was the incapacitation of the Brainwave Scanner. Without repeated "self-medication" via the Scanner, the Baroness was freed from her artificial loyalty to Cobra

It would appear that angle has been explored in the comics as well.

COOL! I didn't like it in the movie, but heck, at least you can't complain it's 'inaccurate' especially since there is no official canon to refer to.

So how about some speculating on the Baroness? I think they redeemed her a little too early on to be honest. It would have been a good way to end the series with Duke at some point figuring out she was under Cobra's control.

So yeah, unfortunately I still think Sommers did a bad job turning her into a hero...The only way you can make her bad again is to return to nanomite story. She still has them in her so with Zartan as president they can probably find a way to get her back under control, but that would make for some more cheesy moments of personal struggle and flashbacks with Duke...This is probably the only route though because having her genuinely switch sides again is going to be difficult to pull off.

It'd be great to bring Mindbender in. Now with CC fully in charge Mindbender can take the Doctor's old role in the Cobra organization. It's interesting to speculate on what happened to him and where hes been.

Based off what I'm seeing with crowds, than a sequal looks good, plus the cast seems to want to come back for multiple films. I want a couple sequals, as I want to see a major land battle between the Joes and Cobra.
Characters I would like to see for the next film,

Joes
Gung Ho
Flint
Lady Jaye
Roadblock

Cobra-
Tomax and Xamot
Firefly
Scrap-iron
SAW-Viper

I def want a sequel. I wish they never made Baroness be brainwashed... there are ways to make her a villain again (although I can't think of any) bc she really won't work as a hero. She was really the best part of the movie.

I doubt she's going to be a hero. She was a civilian, and if given the chance she would probably go back to being a civilian. I doubt that she would join GI Joe, even if she was 100% nanite-free.

Personally though, if they're going to make a change like what they did to her character, I would rather they saw it through rather than backpedaling and making a mess of things by trying to make her turn permanently evil (and really, wasn't Rex's intention to do that the first time?), either by nanite trickery or by making it turn out she was bad the whole time. This version of Baroness was designed to be a victim, and if they try to change their minds they're just going to screw things up.

They've definitely set up the possibility that her nanites are going to be a problem in the future though. It's a Checkov's gun, and the point of checkov's guns is that you fire them. They can either do it in a way that works well in the story, like having Cobra Commander reactivate them late in the game to up the stakes, or they can do it sloppily, and have them get reactivated within the first 15 minutes of the movie. They've already laid down in stone that her and Duke love each other and that she doesn't want to be bad though, and if they try to twist out of that just because some people didn't like it the story is going to suffer.

Yeah, Baroness shouldn't become bad until near the end of the movie.

She should be held in prison for most of it, then broken out. Maybe she is secretly brainwashed in prison by a disguised cobra officer. And then makes her break out near the end and rejoins Cobra. Though the fans will moan about Baroness's limited screentime.

CC's suit in this movie was more of a prototype. Keep the breathign apparatus but make it smaller. The cloth wouldn't look good. Let's not tread to Vader. I drew up some designs for CC. I'd be cool to have a cobra or snake motif in the costume or face. The eyes should be dark slits. Do a combination of head wear and cloth and make it snake skin. Navy blue breathing apparatus.

I can really see Joseph Gordon Levitt as CC more. I thought he was great in it.

Joes:
Flint
Lady Jaye
Shipwreck
Stalker
Wetsuit
Barbecue
Wild Bill
Beachhead
Gung-Ho

Cobra:
Major Bludd
Firefly

Yeah, Baroness shouldn't become bad until near the end of the movie.

She should be held in prison for most of it, then broken out. Maybe she is secretly brainwashed in prison by a disguised cobra officer. And then makes her break out near the end and rejoins Cobra. Though the fans will moan about Baroness's limited screentime.

Sounds good to me. It sets us up for some Baroness villainy in GI Joe 3, while also giving a cliffhanger ending with a character in peril, like Han Solo being frozen in Carbonite during Empire Strikes Back. Baroness fans would get a chance to see her kick some more ass, while the general audience can be kept on edge wanting to see if Duke can save her again.

IDK who else to add, as I'm not a huge GI:Joe buff (I only watched a few eps of Sigma 6) I didn't want Shadow Storm to die though, I liked the back-story between the two blood bros

use some nano machines excuse or something to bring him back.

Never saw the show but I had all the figures . I liked Gung Ho but i'm not sure who else they should put in. I prefer Baroness as a villian but seeing her turn wouldn't make much sense.

Never saw the show but I had all the figures . I liked Gung Ho but i'm not sure who else they should put in. I prefer Baroness as a villian but seeing her turn wouldn't make much sense.
Well they need to add Bludd in there, and since they told us about hard Master they need to add Firefly.

This is the easy way to make the Baroness evil again:
Spoilers ahead: white letters ;)
Lets says that she in the first part of the sequel, still in her prison, she meets with the Comander when he scaped (he has to), she knows now the truth about him, Then, he spell his poison, litherally, telling her why he made so much "sacrifice" everything for her, to give her a pourpose, to give her somnething to believe, to love. She rejects him and he finally ask: ¿You didnt enjoy the power? how it taste Ana? do you like it? stay with me, Im youre brother and I will give you more, once you had taste it, you never can forget what it feels so powerful!- The we Have Ana thinking about it.....
If u want by the end of the movie she can turn into Cobra side!

Hope you like it ;)

The so need Flint and Lady Jay in a sequel. It would almost be a crime not to have them involved in some way.

how could they bring back storm shadow ?

No body = not dead. Besides, Ninja's never die

Last edited:
yea, i really want ss to come back

one thing i really wish though, cobra commander has to keep his voice he had at the start of the movie, the voice when he puts his new mask on didn't seem right

Agreed there. Maybe as the suit develops he can have it back. But The Doctor's voice was perfect.

Maybe SS can be a rogue of his own. He personally wants to hunt down Snake. CC wants him back, but he doesn't like CC's command. So he might personally go out and try to assassinate CC or Snake. CC captures him and forces him to join maybe.

Though we can't repeat what they did in the first which easily could happen.

Agreed there. Maybe as the suit develops he can have it back. But The Doctor's voice was perfect.

Maybe SS can be a rogue of his own. He personally wants to hunt down Snake. CC wants him back, but he doesn't like CC's command. So he might personally go out and try to assassinate CC or Snake. CC captures him and forces him to join maybe.

Though we can't repeat what they did in the first which easily could happen.

I want a sequel. I would add Roadblock, Flint, Lady Jaye, and Shipwreck for Joes and for Cobra I would only add Major Bludd and Xamot and Tomax. If it can be done without being too silly, I'd also add the Dreadknoks.

I think Baroness SHOULD be evil again and this time make it permanent. Stormshadow should also return(we never saw the body=not really dead).

You don't want too many characters just shoved in. Maybe one new character on Cobra and two on the Joes. Nothing too ambitious.

lukegossmicks5845151400hc9.jpg
Firefly.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"