Characters you want to see make a comeback

Ambush Bug is another one. Irreverent humor is HUGE now. I can't comprehend why DC isn't tapping into the likes of Ambush Bug and Beetle/Booster.

They had the Channel 52 news thing with him at the end of books for a while but dropped it. I loved it and thought the whole thing was hilarious.

As for Jack Knight, I'm pretty sure he's tied up with the writer of the 90's series. I don't think they can do anything without express permission.

I'd like to see The Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Hawkman, & Red Tornado.

The Doom Patrol has so much potential for a very credible reboot. Problem is Beast Boy. Hard to shoehorn him in.

Kon-El / Superboy
Ray Palmer / The Atom
Doom Patrol
Metal Men
pre New 52 JSA

Black Lightning
Vixen
Blue Beetle (Jaime)
Batgirl (Cassandra)
Etrigan
Dr. Fate

I feel as though minority characters were put on the back burner with New 52. The same is true for magical characters. Yes, John Stewart got the spotlight in Green Lantern Corps. and Lost Army, and Wally West was reimagined as a Black American rather than a white American, but there are few if any books starring minority characters (aside from Cyborg, but much of that has to do with next year's Cyborg solo movie).

And sure, there was Justice League Dark, and Constantine is one of my favorite New 52 books (if not my favorite), but so much of New 52 has been about bolstering shows, movies and "new reader accessibility." I miss all of the old books where characters confronted the darkness and not just costumed villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"