Cheerleading, I don't quite get it... Someone help me solve this infernal riddle...

I Googled and found no real professional cheerleading leagues. Again, I akin it more to something like dance competition.

jag

We don't really divide into leagues as much as we have separate sponsors by professional groups for hosting large competitions [UCA, NCA, USASF, etc.] as well as professional teams.

Like I've said repeatedly, what you akin it to can be whatever you want. I akin soccer to some boring ass game with a bunch of kids in goofy costumes kicking a ball- but that doesn't change the fact that it's an incredibly popular sport.

Soccer players don't get scored on how well they did that bicycle kick, though.

jag

And your point? If you don't have proper form on a kick, chances are you're not gonna make that goal very easily.

Just because we have a different way of scoring doesn't mean we're not involved in a sport.

I knew a cheerleader in high school who would go absolutely insane if you questioned cheerleading as a sport...she in fact, claimed that the cheerleading happening during an important game was just as important as anything the team was doing...of course, all of the males would laugh in her face and tell her she was a stupid, crazy b**ch, which was you know, the truth :o

So the other day I was at Six Flags, now the entire day we saw these like 8-9 year old cheerleaders all over the place... Well there was barely anyone in park besides these cheerleader so we finished up around 1, but we had to stay in the park till 7. Well one thing led to another and after you done the bumper car thing, and your brain has been sent whirlign through the air at 60 MPH over 15 times... it seem time for a rest so we went over to the pinic area, and lo & behold there's a cheerleading convention of some type goin on, little girl's division.

So we figure, what the hell, we're a little tired, we'll just chill out here for a little bit, it'll probably be cute. Well folks... it wasn't cute... it was downright wierd as ****. The first act is some 7 year old girl in this hootchi outfit doing booty shakes to Jay Z, the next one is shaking her non-existent boobs... I could only take so much... But then you start to look around and you see all these 40 year old mothers, with reminants of hotness in there battle worn faces while they wear clothing that only skany teenagers wear... Obviously Ex-Cheerleaders as they doll up there little daughters with make-up worse than a vietmanese drag queen.

So the question I have to ask is this, why? Don't get me wrong I see the talent it takes to do cheerleading and the atheliticism but again why? The whole damn thing started as a way for school spirit, like girls just going out on the field cheering on their teams, having a good time. Like if you want dance why not join dance troupes? If you want do aerobics, why not join that? Like I don't get where the competition comes into with cheerleading? Also wtf is wrong with these parents and these little girls?

Beats the **** out of me.

I knew a cheerleader in high school who would go absolutely insane if you questioned cheerleading as a sport...she in fact, claimed that the cheerleading happening during an important game was just as important as anything the team was doing...of course, all of the males would laugh in her face and tell her she was a stupid, crazy b**ch, which was you know, the truth :o

Truer words were never spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"