Chicago fire

I dont think its the money thats stopping him. Severide is the one character i connect with and i get what he saying. Being a ff is not jus what he does its who he is. Without it he would be lost.its like he said to the girl when asked how long he has been a firefighter, he replied with "since i was born ". Its not jußt a job...its a calling

Anybody watch it last night? Im really liking this dirty cop story line and everything. This show is getting better each week. Between this and arrow Wednesday nights are pretty good

Another good ep, the story with the corrupt cop is indeed good and I am reallty enjoying Severide, he had three cool moments this week.

Really enjoying this show, looks like the arc between Casey and Boyt will come to a head next week. I loved that Severide's "payment" for his pills was banging the hot rep, poor guy! lol :D

Another good ep this week that wrapped up two of the overarching plots with Casey and Dawson, and it looks like next week will see Severide's painkiller problems come to the fore.

Did anyone think the kid on the bike at the building fire maybe started it and will appear again later? I also wonder if Casey is really free of Boyt.

Wow, can't believe Severide's gotta be out a whole year :(

This whole thing with Casey and his family is just kinda dumb though.

Wow, can't believe Severide's gotta be out a whole year :(

This whole thing with Casey and his family is just kinda dumb though.

I wonder how they will get around the Severide situation, I mean him not actively involved for a year is going to take away a big part of the show.

Agreed, at first it seemed like his sister was unreasonably harsh but now suddenly his Mom is a sneak out in the middle of the night assassin. :dry:

Poor Peter Mills, cock-blocked by the Chief. :funny:

Severide's 4 week shoulder recovery miracle treatment I guess was the answer lol. I hope they don't bother with side effects, he's too important to sideline so there is no point in rehashing his shoulder problem.

The scene this week with his "Dad of the year" comment was so stupid. This guy had a wife who lied to him about her sexuality, then had a baby by him before leaving him to go back to her girlfriend and he's supposed to just be happy as a pig in **** when he's forced to meet his son for the first time with her lover and Severide present? :huh:

Obviously he's going to be a buttoned down straight while Shay and Severide are progressive and cool but this was such a tacky bit of writing.

I was surprised when Dawson's brother was shot, I was expecting the reveal to be that he was using in order to get deeper undercover and he was now addicted, as he looked pale and sweaty in every scene with that sort of nervy drug addict vibe about him.

The story with Casey and his Mom needs to just be phased out quietly.

Did the episode (21) that was supposed to air last night get postponed?

I'm guessing the stuff in this weeks ep with Voight and Dawsons brother being part of this new intelligence unit in Chicago is the set up for the spin-off.

This weeks ep served as a neat backdoor pilot for the Chicago PD spin-off, I like the cast they have lined up for that. :up: Poor Hallie, brought back just be killed off as a plot device to set up a spin-off. :(

The season finale looks pretty cool.

[YT]knZoFW2x4Po[/YT]

Just started watching this, was hesitant of a second season being up in the air, really good show and excited for season 2.

Damn, so that's what happens if you park in front of a hydrant and the fire dept needs to use it. Poor Mercedes.

I just got caught up on the first two eps of season two tonight, good stuff.

I'm guessing they had to can the Renae storyline when Sarah Shahi became a full time member of the Person of Interest cast, and Mills was obviously going to be moved to the Chicago PD spin-off show that never materialized.

However the storyline's they have gone with are good, the big mystery surrounding who is targeting Firehouse 51 being the most exciting. I have to admit I only vaguely remember Hadley, was he the guy whose sister was gonna marry Severide but cheated on him? I wish they'd had a scene where Severide got the idea that it might be him just to refresh the memory, as opposed to him just accusing him without any build up.

It looks like poor Dawson is gonna get ripped off but long term I think her and Casey are going to end up trying to look after Darden's kids together.

On the humorous side I think there is potential for some fun with Mouch and Herm on the campaign trail. :D

Last edited:
Never woulda guessed Jay was a cop. Chief Boden's not gonna have a fun season, that's for sure :(

Severide's Dad twisting the knife on Boden will be his downfall because unlike his father I think Kelly is a stand up guy and when he finds out he'll turn the tables.

This show is really underrated, it's got good characters, fast paced stories and good human drama, plus the rescue set-pieces are really well executed.

I found out that 2 of my friends are way into the show as well. It's like people are watching but just not talking about it haha.

Neat trick by Severide to tip the JCB back up right. :D Shay's new girlfriend is gonna cause her problems and I wonder if Antonio and Joel are gonna finally get that Intelligence spin-off going.

I really hope the promo for next weeks ep is a fake-out. :(

Phew! Boden lives. :D Good episode, they captured the scale of that train crash really well and it was interesting to see Dylan Baker's Doctor offer Dawson and Shay his card. I get the feeling Dawson may branch out beyond firehouse 51, especially with a new actress being added to play a paramedic.

I'm intrigued by why McLeod is so keen to get rid of Boden, there must be a personal issue underneath her determination to oust him.

Back with a good episode, the show continues to take turns against type, like the interesting new dynamic between Shay and her new Paramedic partner who isn't a fan of homosexuality. It could have been preachy and heavy handed, instead it was smart and funny.

Severide's honorable side always overcomes his man****e side lol but you know he'll be banging that cadet he wanted kicked out of his class within a few eps! :D

Not sure what to make of Casey's mental problem resulting from the injury, it's different at least. I also like what they are doing with progressing Mills and Dawson in their careers.

The show also seems to know when to cut a limp plot loose, they did it with Casey and his murdering Mom, and they just did it again with Clark and his murdering wife, Clark just isn't interesting enough for anyone to invest in that big of a story with him.

I have never seen(in person or on television) a women be weirded out by a homosexual. Cool to see the genders switched for a change.

It appears Casey's gonna be a loose cannon for the next few episodes :D

Casey is gonna do something looney pretty soon. Boden punking Mills and his reaction was great, plus the ol' chief got some lurve on the horizon! :D

I don't know why they are shoehorning Clark into a friendship with Shay, her and Severide are BFF's, plus Otis asking if he could date his sister was great. :D

I thought Shay was a bit of a scumbag for going after the married woman who was pregnant. Sorry, she's a home wrecker.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Severide turned out to be gay. He seemed so disinterested in women throughout the first season.

I thought Shay was a bit of a scumbag for going after the married woman who was pregnant. Sorry, she's a home wrecker.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Severide turned out to be gay. He seemed so disinterested in women throughout the first season.

The woman pursued Shay, not the other way around, and ended up living a lie because she lacked self belief.

Huh? Severide had a tonne of women throughout the first season, including the one serious relationship with Sara Shahi's character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"