Chinese Drones Look Suspiciously Like American Drones

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
[YT]htmXHuPN2Lo[/YT]
As people who clamor for war think that World War III will soon dawn upon us because that's just how the world goes, it looks like China's trying to go drone-for-drone with the Americans. And as the Americans have stepped up the flight testing of their drones, so have the Chinese. And weirdly, they look the same.
Now I'm not saying that China has regularly copied Western designs, because that would be crazy. (Actually, I'm saying that.) But it looks like the copying has extended to China's new Lijian, or "Sharp Sword" drone, which reportedly made its first flight this week. Seriously, the thing looks just like the US Navy's X-47B:
ku-xlarge.jpg

Well, except in one crucial regard. While China is claiming that their new drone is as stealthy as it can be, the Lijian's engine seems to be enormous and would probably show up pretty well on radar, Quartz has noted. And this isn't a case of "bigger engine means more power," but probably a case of "China hasn't been able to shrink its engines into an efficient package yet."
In any case, China's making it pretty obvious that this is all a bit of saber-rattling, going so far as to say it is going to be used to settle "territorial disputes" in the South China Sea, which it disputes with pretty much everybody.
All this is good news for the defense industry, I suppose. Unless your product just gets copied again.

I wonder if this has anything to do with those drones that went down in the middle east a while back....hmmmm

Nah. It's just a bit of back talk. You know, they make everything for the US and now the US makes something for them.

Ha, that's nothing. Check out the new Canadian drone.

Unknown_zps142aa803.jpeg

Well it wouldn't be the first time the Chinese reverse engineered technology from American designs.

I'm not saying we have one and you can't prove anything.

WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU? Jeez.

I thought this was the Weather Dominator:

lawn22.gif

Only when it's below freezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24