Chris "Thor" Hemsworth on Letterman

Basically leno set a date to leave the Tonight show because of pressure from NBC. They then announced thar Conan would take over in 6 years time with Leno's blessing. Leno then has his own show which was basically the exact same at the Tonight Show and was Conan's lead in. Well Conan hadn't really developed an audience and NBC got antsy and asked Leno if he'd be interested in moving his show into Conan's time slot and bumping Conan back. Knowing Conan wouldn't accept this deal NBC/Leno weaseled their way into giving Leno back the Tonight show.

That is the perception at least. I am sure there is a little more to it than that (I know there is). There is a fantastic book that was released by the same guy who wrote the late shift.

Rene Russo was on Jay, (she looked amazing) basically said she wanted Chris to lay the hammer down on her, and when she asked the audience if they knew who Chris Hemsworth was the response was total silence. Probably because the majority of Jay Leno viewers/fans are over 40 years old.

Bah I never liked Leno. I'm a Conan zombie, been so since 99.

Rene Russo was on Jay, (she looked amazing) basically said she wanted Chris to lay the hammer down on her, and when she asked the audience if they knew who Chris Hemsworth was the response was total silence. Probably because the majority of Jay Leno viewers/fans are over 40 years old.

Bah I never liked Leno. I'm a Conan zombie, been so since 99.

yea that was BAD complete and utter silence

It seemed as if Russo was drunk off her ash! What a horrible interview. Im surprised more people aren't talking about this.

It seemed as if Russo was drunk off her ash! What a horrible interview. Im surprised more people aren't talking about this.
I just saw it on YouTube (though they edited out the uncomfortable silence). She did seem...off.

But maybe that explains why they supposedly cut out so much of her scenes - the attraction to her onscreen son was just too strong to hide. :oldrazz:

Did you watch the entire interview? In her defense, she did say she had just taken a fall and was on pain meds.

Chris was fine on Letterman. Dave has turned in to such a liberal a-hole that I really can't stand watching the guy but I tune in if he's got a Marvel movie actor. I hope the rest of the cast avoids his show so that I don't have to tune in even for a second from here on out.

Chris was charming as always on Letterman, but the boy needs to learn his oceans - at least the one he grew up surfing in, lol.

It's funny Marvel, I'm the exact opposite on Letterman. I used to hate him, but ever since I started actively disliking Leno (as opposed to being "meh" on him like before), I've watched more Dave out of (weird) principle, and I've only recently come around to liking him. I still prefer Conan, Ferguson, and even Fallon, though.

Last edited:
Ok, so here are the US talk show appearances I've seen listed so far:

Monday 5/2: Rene Russo on Jimmy Kimmel (ABC)

Tuesday 5/3: Anthony Hopkins on Kimmel

Wednesday 5/4: Chris Hemsworth on Jay Leno (NBC), Kenneth Branagh on Kimmel

Thursday 5/5: Chris Hemsworth on Kimmel, Kenneth Branagh on Tavis Smiley (PBS)

Monday 5/9: Anthony Hopkins on Conan (TBS)

It didn't bother anyone that Dave was sort of mocking Thor? You know with the gay innuendo? He isn't helping by making fun of Thor that way. And the clip they showed, ugh!!

So let me get this straight, On Tuesday May 3rd at 7pm I get to see Thor, then come home to watch A-Hop on Jimmy Kimmel. That's going to be one good night.

How many of you here speak spanish or understands it? because I posted Chris was gonna be on a Spanish show and let me tell you that show is cool (I have seen many great artists there) and Chris´visit was all the time entertaining and funny, this shows always makes outrageous non sense things with their guests, his visit included:
-Speaking Spanish on his Thor scenes (hilarious)
-Interacting with puppets that played the "Chris Hemsworthizador" (have to see it to get it.)
-Boxing, where he went from showing how tall he is, to lifting the tiny host, to almost killing the host to an impressive kick :wow:
-The host showed him a previous interview with his Wife Elsa Pataky that involved both of them in bed....long story there was no blood shedding.
-Nailing with a light bulb
-Changing the color of water and
-Cooking a dessert

Yes he did all that, i will post the links here for you to see it in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG6OqWsuoZQhttp://

The other parts are there :woot: :woot:

It didn't bother anyone that Dave was sort of mocking Thor? You know with the gay innuendo? He isn't helping by making fun of Thor that way. And the clip they showed, ugh!!

Letterman seems to be an a..hole to subjects he knows very little about. He loves to flex his intellectual muscle, so when it's something he knows nothing or very little about, he's generally making light of it.

And yes you are right. Whoever decided THAT was THE clip to show needs to have their a.. kicked!

Never really Liked Letterman

Thats why I only watch Conan. Even though he did make fun of Thor, for some reason it didn't bother me. Biased much?

A couple more US talk show appearances have been scheduled for Chris this week:

Tuesday, 5/10: Lopez Tonight

Friday, 5/13: Live with Regis and Kelly

Also, Kenneth Branagh's gonna be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Tuesday, which will likely be way more entertaining than either of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"