Christina Hendricks to take on The Strangers....2

It looks, decent. I mean it's an inherently simple/basic premise (three masked psychopaths stalk/try to kill random people for funsies), so there's going to be a bit of familiarity in a sequel. However, as long as they can make it creepy and suspenseful, then I don't really mind a little familiarity that much.

I'm perfectly fine with there being a sense of "familiarity". Especially since these are supposed to be the "same" people from the first. I watched a panel for "The Strangers" last year at Horror Hound with the original cast...their interpretation of the material was quite interesting. While I myself have a different take, it was cool hearing what they thought/the events that must have led up to this point.

The Strangers 1 was the "game" going too far and concluding. With that notion in mind it would make sense to explore similar tactics, seen in the first, to warrant success. I just hope they manage to make it suspenseful, gripping and harrowing. The first was a slow burn but realistic.

Like I stated in a previous post, I'd take these kind of movies, over the paranormal thrillers, any day. This, to me, is true horror. Exploring what mankind is capable of inflicting on it's own species is fascinating. The most harrowing reason of all is "no motive". I'm tired of the explained. Sometimes evil exists for the sole sake of existing...there doesn't need to be a reason.

Thanks for replying to my question, loki!

I just want to know if this film will finally answer the question of who Tamara is.

Literally right after the movie was done, my friend and I saw that the auditorium next door was showing “Get Out,” and we walked right into the theater. I don’t know why they were showing “Get Out” since it is a year old movie, Oscar season is over, and the Presidents day promotion is over, but I was grateful it was playing. Of course, the movie relieved all of the disappointment and anger that “The Strangers: Prey at Night,” made us feel.

Liv Tyler I miss you.

Here's my review of "The Strangers: Prey at Night":

https://t.co/YdkhHsKqQq

Just want to say I loved the first one (Loved the subtly and the mood of it all)... but man, this one was a bad 80's slasher. lol

This is like someone smashed Jason Goes to Hell and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: TNG together. And also, some parts made me laugh out loud, it's probably the funniest sh** i've seen a horror movie pull off.

If you are a fan of the first one, don't see it (unless you're very curious) and if you didn't like the first one then watching this will make you appreciate the original.

I give this a 3/10

That sucks to hear but isn't surprising. I became worried once the director of the first one didn't return, and was replaced by a dude with some bad stuff on his resume (The Other Side of the Door was awful and had some of the dumbest characters ever)

Hendricks deserves better.

What does this even mean, really? lol. She's not really a huge star, now you could argue that's what she deserves, more quality roles in high art movies but Chastain and Adams probably take a lot of roles where she is 2nd or 3rd option.

Her getting paid, probably pretty well, to be in a theatrical release isn't exactly a slap in the face lol.

Hell, even big actors like Oldman (The Unborn), Jennifer Lawrence (House at the End of the Street), etc. take poor movies, these being horror movies like Strangers 2, which doesn't even look terrible

A number of more highly coveted thespians have been in, presumably much worst movies for a paycheck.

It's like somebody saying, "Christian Bale deserved better as John Connor" for Terminator: Salvation

As someone who finds the Strangers to be my favorite slasher film since Scream, i hated this one. Unlikable characters, dumb cliche anger inducing moments, double the body count but 1/4 of the creepiness and intensity. Pretty much everything i love about the original is gone here.

Bryan Bertino didn't come back to direct and instead they got the dude who directed 47 Meters Down... it explains a lot.

Bryan Bertino didn't come back to direct and instead they got the dude who directed 47 Meters Down... it explains a lot.

And The Other Side of the Door, another unscary, uncreepy horror flick with moronic characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"