Civil War, battles !!!!!!!

yahman

Civilian
Reaction score
Alright guys, this is my first thread, so please go easy on me. I apologies for any bad spelling and punctuation or any ambiguity in any of my sentence structure. I warn you my literary skills are not the best, so please have patience, if i seem a bit convoluted. Im also used to the set up of another forum, and the type of threads that appear in it, so sorry if this thread seems a bit strange.

Any way Which fights would you most like to see being fought in the Civil War ? Choose the fights you would most like to see, and give reasons for why, and how they may happen.

Any rumours of the upcoming battles would also be appreciated. I heard rumours of Sentry defeating various powerhouse including Wonderman and Herc. I also heard of the return of a certain Norse God, and who he maybe fighting. :)

Black Bolt vs Captain America LOL

Any serious contributions ...... ?

Although Vanguard07 i appreciate your response to my DREAM MARVEL TEAM ! :)

Cumon .... atleast someone attempt to ridicule the 'new guy' .... Anything is better than being ignored !

Personally, I'd just like to see Thor come back with the Odinpower and his rune magic in full swing, and just verbally and physically abuse the whole lot of them for letting things go this far. "Fighting each other like children! Verily, I did expect better of thee, good Captain." :D

I'm expecting lots of senseless out of character fights.

:)

euroq said:

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing as well.

As for the topic...I think they should totally have Aunt May throw down with Jarvis. That'd be the most wicked hardcore fight ever to grace a comic's page. :o

I'm quite looking forward to the Captain America and Iron Man fight, to be honest:o. It seems like a fight that should have gone down a lot of times throughout Marvel history but hasn't really ever happened. And in this case it's going to happen without the lame-o "misunderstanding" excuse...nope, they understand each other perfectly here and it's exactly why they're going to fight. That's going to be a refreshing change if nothing else:cool:.

euroq said:

Well, it's Millar. I'm expecting lots of shocks for the sake of shocks that ultimately have no significance whatsoever beyond evoking a gasp for a moment. :up:

I'm looking forward to the Hero Hunters.

I look forward to the entire event. i realized recently- I don't read comics for character analysis and amazing mind blowing concepts(for the most part; I still enjoy these things- see Ex Machina). No, no, I read comics for entertainment. Thus forth, if Spider-man and Captain "I-Throw-S**t-Covered-Knives" have a no-holds-barred showdown that's way out of character, then my reponse is "Damn! Spider-man's gonna have a showdown with a guy that throws s**t covered knives! Badass!"

Screw whining about continuity, resurrections, spider-stingers, and completely unrealistic plot scenarios. On some issues, as long as it's cool, I'll take it.

That must be nice. I can't seem to get into anything that doesn't make sense with my mental picture of the characters, myself. I've gotten over the Iron Spidey crap and it's kind of growing on me, but I still look at it and have to shake my head a bit. The stingers remain a totally ridiculous and way too blatant Wolverine rip-off to me, though.

I'm curious to see how the Cap/Iron Man fight plays out. Logic says that Iron Man should leave Cap a bloody stain on the wall, since he should be faster and far more resoureful now that he can tap into practically anything technological at will, but Cap is pretty resourceful himself and Iron Man's had trouble against dudes like the Taskmaster before. I'm almost tempted to buy Civil War for that fight and Thor's return, but the overall story still sounds pretty bad and Millar's presence is never encouraging.

BrianWilly said:
I'm quite looking forward to the Captain America and Iron Man fight, to be honest:o. It seems like a fight that should have gone down a lot of times throughout Marvel history but hasn't really ever happened. And in this case it's going to happen without the lame-o "misunderstanding" excuse...nope, they understand each other perfectly here and it's exactly why they're going to fight. That's going to be a refreshing change if nothing else:cool:.

Yeah I hate those stupid misunderstanding fights. They're like "an android worm thing went into Iron Man's armor controling him and attacks Captain America, and Captain America thinks Iron Man has gone bad and then realizes it is a android worm that took over Iron Man and everything at the end is okay and goes on as it is." that crap sucks.

I think misunderstanding fights get way too bad a reputation, myself. Some of them have been great fun. The best comic book fights are the ongoing rivalries, though. Hulk/Thing, Thor/Hulk, Thor/Juggernaut, Hulk/Juggernaut, etc. are always awesome. :up:

Roughneck said:
I'm looking forward to the Hero Hunters.

Seriously, I wanna know how they recruit them. Who all is rumored to be one again, Punisher and Deadpool right?

How the hell would anyone other than Fury get the Punisher to work for them? :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
How the hell would anyone other than Fury get the Punisher to work for them? :confused:

Thats what I am saying, is it true that Frank is indeed a 'hero hunter'?

No clue, this is the first I'm hearing of it. I thought only the new Heroes for Hire would be the hero hunters.

TheCorpulent1 said:
No clue, this is the first I'm hearing of it. I thought only the new Heroes for Hire would be the hero hunters.

I forgot where I read that, but I remember Deadpool and Punisher as the hunters. It most likely was just a rumor.

But how are they going to explain DD in Civil War. Him and the Punisher are currently in Rykers, but the first issue of Civil War has DD in it....maybe it is the imposter?? :confused:

I don't know, I don't read DD, I'm not going to read CW, and I'm way behind on The Punisher. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't know, I don't read DD, I'm not going to read CW, and I'm way behind on The Punisher. :(

LOL!

Nah, they've said before that villains are gonna try to get away with anything they can, and after something happens that effects the Punisher, he starts taking down supervillains. Like in the old days. :up:

Ughhh,anyways...........

Cap and Iron Man.I like the way Mark described it as being a guy in a nuclear weapon taking on a really tough guy.

That kind of relates to your avatar, which reminds me of David Finch. Anyone else think he looks like Sloth from The Goonies?

Sorry to be off topic....but is Moon Knight in this thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"