CNN/YouTube Debate Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the vids of the debate I have to say Huckabee was the strongest out of all of them. I never thought much of him, but lately he's been pulling ahead as my favorite Republican candidate.

See I just can't allow myself to think like that. I have to believe that anybody can be president because this is America. It may seem like the system only lets the rich and powerful into office, but we can't lose sight of the fact that the real power in this country lies within its citizens. Once we lose sight of that, then freedom is truely dead.

There is no way, none, that the Republican Party allows Ron Paul to be its candidate. Never going to happen. That is the one absolute certainty I've come to accept. Doesn't matter how much money he raised in that one event, doesn't matter how popular he is with young people or really with any kind of people, and it sucks yeah, but that is just the way it is. Not everyone can become President. You can have somebody, Republican or Democrat or whatever, who does everything right, completely clean background, and executes every thing he/she has ever done in any office they have ever held perfectly. Keeps the people first and is a leader and knows what the **** they are doing in general. But if it comes out that he/she is one or both of the following they will never become President, at least in our lifetimes. Gay or isn't religious, doesn't believe in the Bible, etc. If you are either one of those, sorry **** outta luck. Doesn't matter how good you would be at the job, you are not getting it. Not going to happen. Thats America.

See I just can't allow myself to think like that. I have to believe that anybody can be president because this is America. It may seem like the system only lets the rich and powerful into office, but we can't lose sight of the fact that the real power in this country lies within its citizens. Once we lose sight of that, then freedom is truely dead.
Best quote I've read in a while. I believe this 100%.

Ron Paul and here's why, they gave him the least amount of time, but the time he did have, he proved his point.

Lol the lack of activity in this thread means there are a lot of democrats on the hype who won't even look at republican candidates. :) I'm not a republican for being in here for the record :o

Paul all the way. And yes, if everybody voted for Paul, he would be president, regaurdless of what the party thinks.

Lol the lack of activity in this thread means there are a lot of democrats on the hype who won't even look at republican candidates. :) I'm not a republican for being in here for the record :o
Thats true, there is a ton a Liberals in this forum. They like being one sided on a lot of issues.

I'm in Canada, not a conservative and I still watched parts of it. Did anyone change to CNN Headline News where they had the Male/Female Approve/Disapprove chart on screen so the viewers at home could tell if CNN's sample audience liked what they were hearing on a scale of 1-10? Sometimes it was interesting to watch.

While parts of it was "I have the biggest dick/my balls dropped first/I bathe in Holy water" bickering I did like Ron Paul's answers. He's the only one, besides McCain, that I would like to see as the American President.

Huckabee said he had a college education... check out the 1:10 mark (back when he was chubby) Then there is Bush and Vilsack.
[YT]BhTZ_tgMUdo[/YT]

Thats no conspiracy, read my other post, you honestly think you would see a gay president anytime soon? Not the way it is now in America. Same goes for religion.

Thats no conspiracy, read my other post, you honestly think you would see a gay president anytime soon? Not the way it is now in America. Same goes for religion.

As much as you want to believe that Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance, his donations say otherwise. I received this email from his campaign this afternoon.

November 29, 2007

Thanks to your continued support, we are closing in on three important fundraising milestones for the fourth quarter:

• During the third quarter, Fred Thompson raised $9,750,821 to be used during the primary election cycle.
  • Not counting money that he loaned to his own campaign, Mitt Romney raised $9,896,719.
  • Rudy Giuliani finished with $10,258,019.
Ron Paul is currently at $9,708,791 for the fourth quarter.
We are within reach of passing Fred Thompson today! Will you help us storm past these fundraising totals over a month sooner than they did?
Please make your most generous donation: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate
And don't forget to watch the live counter on our website as we meet these marks! http://www.ronpaul2008.com
Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

Like I said, the Republican Party WILL NEVER ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN. It doesn't matter how much he raises. Hey I'm with you , I think he has some good ideas, but it is just a pipe dream of him being the Republican candidate. There is the way that things should be and then there is the way things are.

BD -

What do you feel about Huckabee's respones to the FairTax questions?

Like I said, the Republican Party WILL NEVER ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN. It doesn't matter how much he raises. Hey I'm with you , I think he has some good ideas, but it is just a pipe dream of him being the Republican candidate. There is the way that things should be and then there is the way things are.
If things were to play out that way, I think/hope he will continue on and run independently. This guy has a following like nothing I have ever seen and its spreading like wildfire.

The CNN/YouTube Debate, both Republicans and Democratic debates is a farce... a sham. Planted questions by planted hacks. Open your eyes and look closely at the videos. America has become Dumb-Down. :dry:

If things were to play out that way, I think/hope he will continue on and run independently. This guy has a following like nothing I have ever seen and its spreading like wildfire.

And then what if does? You expect him to win? I don't think he is going to do that anyway.

I haven't read anything political in months but as my time in England draws to a close, I started watching the YouTube debates... I'm on question 6... So far the only canidate I particularly like is Huckabee... Mitt Romney comes off like someone who's willing to place a lot of blame and coast on bravado, while the others no there non-players so are just sitting on the side lines. But Huckabee seems to actually have some heart, I really liked his response to Question 5.

:woot: My favorite line so far...

"YOu never know you could have national emergency!"

Question 16... WTF is Romney talking about? :huh: Going add more mommies and daddies, wtf is this sesame street math?

The one thing that stood out to me in the debate was an exchange between Ron Paul and Senator McCain. McCain got on him for his isolationist stance, and Ron Paul defended himself by saying he wasn't "isolationist" but "non-interventionalist" and concluded by saying "We shouldn't go around the world tellings others how to live, you wouldn't want them coming over here doing that to us...". Everyone, all these staunch conservative Christians, booed him, to which I though "wow, they just all booed the golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Thought that was particularly ironic considering the question that got the most cheers was "do you believe everything in this book [the Bible]" question on YouTUBE.

Everyone, all these staunch conservative Christians, booed him,

Hmm, did you poll everyone who booed to see if they were all "staunch conservative Christians?" I'm just wondering how you know that those who booed were that?

Hmm, did you poll everyone who booed to see if they were all "staunch conservative Christians?" I'm just wondering how you know that those who booed were that?
In the follow up to the debate they did this "audience reaction analysis", in which they showed, in graph form, the reactions to the audience. His statement made the bar hit very low. Also, in there they mentioned in passing that the audience being very conservative and being made up of mostly far right leaning (but undecided) republican voters.

In the follow up to the debate they did this "audience reaction analysis", in which they showed, in graph form, the reactions to the audience. His statement made the bar hit very low. Also, in there they mentioned in passing that the audience being very conservative and being made up of mostly far right leaning (but undecided) republican voters.

Ah, while I'm sure there were many conservatives making up the audience I think it's unfair to bunch everyone up as having the same mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"