Coen Brothers to Make Spaghetti Western

Can it be called a spaghetti western if it's not directed in Italy, nor by Italians?

no, it cant, that was the point I just made :o

This sounds too good to be true. It's a film-fanatic's dream. And I think they can call it a Spaghetti Western if that's the type of film they're trying to emulate, and the specific spirit they're trying to capture. Lord knows there's a world of difference between the films of the Segio's and the Westerns Americans are known for making.

블라스;13641773 said:
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

---

Filmmaking siblings Joel and Ethan Coen are set to make their goriest film ever - a Spaghetti Western featuring scenes of primitive torture methods. The brothers, whose notoriously gory new film No Country for Old Men has been tipped for Oscar glory, are desperate to make a film about the days of cowboys and Indians battling it out in the Wild West of America. But - as Joel warns - it won't be one for the faint-hearted. He says, "We've written a western with a lot of violence in it. There's scalping and hanging ... it's good. Indians torturing people with ants, cutting their eyelids off." Ethan adds, "It's a proper western, a real western, set in the 1870s. It's got a scene that no one will ever forget because of one particular chicken."

Sounds nice, can't wait to see it, loved No Country for Old Men.

블라스;15555810 said:
What happened to this? :(

I think they made Burn After Reading immediately after No Country for Old Men. I believe A Serious Man is next, and then hopefully this film.

I will look forward to seeing this.

Also, as it is the Coen brothers, let's call it a "kreplach western" and be done with it.

블라스;13641773 said:
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

---

Filmmaking siblings Joel and Ethan Coen are set to make their goriest film ever - a Spaghetti Western featuring scenes of primitive torture methods. The brothers, whose notoriously gory new film No Country for Old Men has been tipped for Oscar glory, are desperate to make a film about the days of cowboys and Indians battling it out in the Wild West of America. But - as Joel warns - it won't be one for the faint-hearted. He says, "We've written a western with a lot of violence in it. There's scalping and hanging ... it's good. Indians torturing people with ants, cutting their eyelids off." Ethan adds, "It's a proper western, a real western, set in the 1870s. It's got a scene that no one will ever forget because of one particular chicken."
I'm there.

I was excited until I heard about "indians using ants to eat off eyelids" :down Dissapointment. The reason I loved the Good, the Bad and the Ugly is because it didn't have that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"