Comic books creators rewactions to the trailer

Am I the only one that giggles everytime I read the word "rewactions?"

He's a crazy Scotsman. Dont get me wrong, I think he's a great writer and usually seems like a nice guy, but come on, Millar...Wanted didnt even stick to your story. At least, Watchmen is faithful to the graphic novel.

He's probably just pissy about that whole Superman thing...

Not only Wanted wasn't a faithful adaptation (though I doubt the actual comic book was that great), but it tried its best to be a second version of The Matrix and nothing else.

Dunno, Superman is a really loser, if we look at the directors, who worked on his films. I mean Donner was good, but then everything went wrong way. Millar is too self-confident for this film, as he makes it to show how ambitious he is. And that's not enough to make a good film.

Well,I liked the feel of the trailer.........kind of the same way,I liked 300.

2eche7a.jpg

Best use of an animated gif as a reply on a forum, ever.

I'm with you both, CrimsonMist and Agentsands77. And that's an awesome sounding scene, CM. Who knows, though? We may very well get something like that. But the idea of a familiar looking world with something totally supernatural just casually existing within it--that's cool. That's how I've always imagined Watchmen as well.

I have a feeling Snyder has a few things up his sleeve. We've barely seen anything, and we know how devoted he is to the source material. I think he's attempting to do the movie equivalent to the comic, not so much in slavishly adhering to the source material frame-to-frame--but more in taking the allegory in the sense that he's doing a "send-up" of the comic book movie. Expect some gloss here and there, and a few cliche's thrown in.

I'm just crossing my fingers he doesn't get too deep into parody territory!

Well, it kind of goes both ways, and i hope Snyder finds a way to balance it. The thing about Watchmen is that it takes you down the familiar streets of New York City, and slowly begins to alter everything. The first thing noticed would be cars, then the poster to re-elect Nixon, then maybe the cigarettes. And then you realize that this New York City isn't the same New York City that your familiar with.

I think it's very important to capture that on screen. Familiarize the viewer with what they've seen both in real life and in, say, Spider-Man(being as how this is a comic book film). It would also be a commentary on films like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight(be it intentionally or unintentionally): Superheroes in real life? Ridiculous! But that's what Watchmen is isn't it? The preposterousness of superheroes in a world that more or less reflects our own.

On the flipside of that, it's also important to make a commentary on past cinematic superhero films, as Snyder's stated many times. Naturally, Snyder's doing that with the costumes of certain characters, and Snyder's also said that his "Batman" (Niteowl) can't get it up, "Superman"(Doc Manhattan) doesn't care about humanity and the "bad guy"(Viedt) wants world peace. That should get across, and i'm hopeful that these references will be seen by general audiences. The stylization though, may cause problems. The stylization seen in the film may be a commentary on how stylized all these past superhero films are. Fans might get it, but the general audience might not. They might just see it as another stylized comic film. But it all goes back to setting it in the real world as best as possible.

Snyder may very well have something up his sleeves, and i'm hoping he does. Cliches HAVE to be in this movie. I think it's all essential to the build up to the ending, when genre convention is thrown out the window. That will be a magical moment, indeed.

and thanks for the comment, regarding my "fictional" Vietnam sequence.:yay:

Adi has a point that many fans are upset by changes, and I am not one to complain about changes if they have merit. However, while this trailer is amazing and certain things give me hope that the movie is going to stay true to many of the intellectual thought points Watchmen provides, the thing I feel they must absolutely get right/keep the same is the ending. For those who haven't read it, I won't say what it is, but if they change the ending, this whole movie will be a failure in my eyes. Nothing in the trailer suggests to me that will happen, and I haven't followed this movie as religously as other comic movies. However, this is my primary concern for the movie, and a reason I am skeptically optimistic about it (and I am not sure if this has been addressed by Snyder or anyone...just speaking my mind).

Continuing my rant, I also think we are not going to get the real movie until the DVD, which is something I am sick of with the film industry. I feel it cheats the crowd who want to see the movie the way it is meant to be seen (like me). When I go to a theater, I don't want a watered down movie, and knowing we'll get a superior cut later just infuriates me. This is becoming too common of practice by studios, and is almost killing the cinema experience IMO. I am not talking about the Pirate thing being in the movie (I can see why that is a seperate entity...makes it way too long), but if the movie is supposed to be 3hrs, THEN LET IT BE 3HRS!!! I don't want a watered down 2hr 30min movie, only to get a superlong 3hr and 30min cut later (may be an exaggeration, but my point stands).

I love the trailer, and am excited for the movie, but am holding my reservations.

I think the film and novel are going to be seperate entities, the novel is one of the most detailed things I have ever seen. I read the first chapter again and the speech at the end of the trailer is what rorschach says on the first page. I'm happy about how he sounds and how everythings is shaping up.

Adi has a point that many fans are upset by changes, and I am not one to complain about changes if they have merit. However, while this trailer is amazing and certain things give me hope that the movie is going to stay true to many of the intellectual thought points Watchmen provides, the thing I feel they must absolutely get right/keep the same is the ending. For those who haven't read it, I won't say what it is, but if they change the ending, this whole movie will be a failure in my eyes. Nothing in the trailer suggests to me that will happen, and I haven't followed this movie as religously as other comic movies. However, this is my primary concern for the movie, and a reason I am skeptically optimistic about it (and I am not sure if this has been addressed by Snyder or anyone...just speaking my mind).

Snyder has said the movie will have the graphic novel's ending. :up:

The only thing I didn't like was that the desaturated color scheme (which is otherwise fine, and lends a nice somber touch), makes Ozymandias look like the Architect from the Matrix movies.

The guy still believes we want to see a Lois Lane who ****es her way to the top at the Daily Planet in his Superman reboot. Combine that with the fact that he praises a film that barely has to do with his comic, and you have one enigma of a writer.

The only Millar version of Superman I want to see onscreen is Red Son.

Superman needs something like For All Seasons + Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow on the big screen, but I'll save that diatribe for another time.

And shouldn't Watchmen look stylized? Considering the alternate history/world we're dealing with? The weird hats, electric cars, pipe cigarette things, dirigibles, for God's sake?

Brubaker is the ****ing man. But we all knew that already.:up:

Snyder has said the movie will have the graphic novel's ending. :up:

The only thing I didn't like was that the desaturated color scheme (which is otherwise fine, and lends a nice somber touch), makes Ozymandias look like the Architect from the Matrix movies.

When did he say that? Not saying you're wrong (you've probably paid a lot more attention to the production than me, who really has barely paid attention).

Just reading/hearing it from him would sooth my mind more. This is my main concern about this movie, cause I remember what it was like finishing the Watchmen GN and not being to stop thinking about the end for hours. It is one of the best endings to any story I've read anywhere, and would like to see it preserved.

It was awhile ago in one of the movie threads. But he did say it, which makes me happy.

My faith that Snyder won't mess this up has just gone up :up:

Though I am still mad the theatrical version will most likely be a watered down movie, and I have to wait to see the real movie on DVD. I am a cinema goer, and I just HATE how it seems every movie has a DC now, cause it cheats people like me who don't want to see the real film on my television and want to see the movie as intended in the cinema.

... rewactions? :huh:
So what? In Italy we write rewactions.
Kevin Smith during his panel at the Comic-Con with Snyder said:
“You know, part of why they made the San Diego Comic-Con was so someone would make the Watchmen movie. I swear to god, after I see that movie, I can ****in’ die. Snyder, if you don’t have the footage, can you just act it out?”
And “Wait, how many of you people were here for Watchmen this morning? Doesn’t it look super****in’ cool?”

His comments. That all a Watchmen film has to be is entertaining. Terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"