Comic-Con footage description!

Pretty nice, but it could use a little churchin' up. Observe:

You left quite a bit out, so I'll include the extra parts that I remember.

First it's important to note that this was a series of clips, some short, and some long. All of the footage was set to scored music. I am unsure whether or not this is music from the film. It was a woman's voice singing at first.....very slow, mournful and ethereal.

We start with a close up of Rorschach's face. His mask slowly changes to the music..... he is crouched on a building....waiting in the night...

We see part of the opening comedian attack. A drop of blood lands in slow motion on the smiley face button and spreads out in a familiar pattern.

Rorschach tinkers with Comedian's hidden costume storage. The storage space is big, and bright white hallogen bulbs flicker to life as the panel slides open, revealing Blake's closet. We see the comedian's costume and hardware. Rorschach handles an UZI.

Looking very much like Dan Dreiberg, Patrick Wilson sits in his abandonned Owl's nest in a very familiar image taken perfectly from the GN. The camera dolleys slowly back as he sits looking at a stained smiley button in his hand.

The Minutemen snap their famous picture. We see the sparks from the old photo bulb popping showering in slow motion. Sally Jupiter rubs her eyes. Edward Blake looks up at her from a crouched postiton and smiles as he talks to her.

Dr. Manhattan's glass palace rises out of the Martian Soil with he and Laurie aboard. Same shot as we saw in the trailer, but we see a the palace clear the ground.

SLO-MO Three viet cong soldiers running from giant manhattan, each hit with a blast from his outstretched arm. Each of them explode as they are individually hit--they 'pop'--we see meat and bone blow apart.

John Osterman's dissentigration--same shots as before, but a more graphic actual dissentigration scene. We see organs coming apart, his right eye is left lingering in his skull, so are his lungs, just as in the GN.

The music switches from slow and haunting to faster, ominous music.

Dan and Laurie kiss on a barren desert at night as a nuclear explosion triggers in the background. A blazing mushroom cloud spreads upward.

Archie crashing over a mound of snow in antarctica.

Medium low angle shot of old nixon turning in his chair to face the camera. He appears to be in the war room (looks like strangelove). He looks deeply distraught.

Shot of young Walter Kovaks looking very angry. He is looking up at the camers from under his eyebrows (played by Eli Snyder).

Close up of Rorschach's face as he is speaking to Moloch in the fridge (Moloch POV). Rorschach jumping out of Moloch's top apartment window, we can see the red light of the rumrunner sign, as well as the sign itself.

Laurie and Dan. Laurie starting to pull her top open.

Moloch's pleasure den being wrecked by Manhattan. Manhattan shoots a blast of energy at a patron, obliterating him. Moloch reacting.

Comedian's vietnamese girlfriend slashing his face with a bottle. Comedian pulling his pistol.

A close up shot of an aged Ozymandias.

Ozymandias dodging Manhattan's giant hand crashing through the glass of Karnak. Shattered glass falling like a torrent of rain.

Comedian 'out the window' slow-mo shot. As he falls to his death, the infamous button follows him down, twisting in the wind.

Watchmen title.

These are all of the shots that I can remember. They showed it twice, everything I mentioned was for sure there.

I was super duper awesome.

No dialogue. Wonder why.

Sucks to the a-hole moderator who felt the need to bash Alan Moore.

No dialogue. Wonder why.

Sucks to the a-hole moderator who felt the need to bash Alan Moore.

The moderator was good and there was no Moore bashing.

Alan Moore was brought up, and then the subject changed because everyone knows that the conversation would be pointless.

It was great footage, and the shirt we got was really cool as well. The panel said stuff we already knew pretty much, but the music was amazing, and everything looked so great. I wish we'd seen more of Walter Kovacs, but in the G4 video he looks spot on and as a kid, he looked fair.

Someone over on the WCM.com forums says that they found a good-quality leaked recording of the footage, but have yet to post it.

I've done some searching online for the leaked video, and haven't come up with anything. Anyone else have better luck?

It was great footage, and the shirt we got was really cool as well. The panel said stuff we already knew pretty much, but the music was amazing, and everything looked so great. I wish we'd seen more of Walter Kovacs, but in the G4 video he looks spot on and as a kid, he looked fair.

Yeah the shirts were cool, I've worn it everyday since the panel!

Hopefully that guy isn't lying over at WCM.

Usually when people pop up, say they have something everybody wants really bad, then disappear without a trace, they're lying. Dont get your hopes up.

The footage was incredible. They showed it twice and each time it got a huge reaction. Its also EXTREMELY graphic, Dr. M, blasting people away in Vietnam is insane. The extended Jon-Manhattan transformation is also extremely graphic. My favorite part of the footage was the Comedian getting his scar :hoboj: . But all of it was extremely badass, no worries from me.

The footage was incredible. They showed it twice and each time it got a huge reaction. Its also EXTREMELY graphic, Dr. M, blasting people away in Vietnam is insane. The extended Jon-Manhattan transformation is also extremely graphic. My favorite part of the footage was the Comedian getting his scar.All of it was extremely badass.
:wow: I hate you! (not really)

Yeah the shirts were cool, I've worn it everyday since the panel!
Would those be the Mason Auto Repair shirts? Saw a picture of one and thought it looked great. Unfortunately, I live on the East Coast and am underage, so I wasn't able to be at the Con to get one. :csad:

Would those be the Mason Auto Repair shirts? Saw a picture of one and thought it looked great. Unfortunately, I live on the East Coast and am underage, so I wasn't able to be at the Con to get one. :csad:

The Mason Auto Repair shirts were $30 :down.
The ones given out to those who attended the panel are black and on the front its just the smiley w/ blood, and on the back it says "Who watches the Watchmen SDCC 2008"

Like your Two-Face quote, gotta love a serious house on serious earth!:brucebat:

Link of g4 footage?

:wow: I hate you! (not really)

Man if you hate me now, wait til I post my picture of me with Dave Gibbons next to the Owl Ship.
:hoboj:

Words cannot describe how excited i am!

i can't wait!

The Mason Auto Repair shirts were $30 :down.
The ones given out to those who attended the panel are black and on the front its just the smiley w/ blood, and on the back it says "Who watches the Watchmen SDCC 2008"
$30 is ridiculous. The shirts you described sound cool, though. Also, here's the G4 footage you requested: http://www.g4tv.com/specials/videos/27338/Watchmen_Set_Visit.html

inflames said:
Like your Two-Face quote, gotta love a serious house on serious earth!:brucebat:
Yeah, that quote is genius. I love Morrison (but not what he's doing with Batman right now!).

That was awesome, but short! and there is a head in the way. At least we got something...I guess

I was right about to post that.

I think that is only part of it though...but still AMAZING!

Well... from what little I can make out, it looks great.

Let's hope this is the video of the month on the 6th, or that a higher quality bootleg hits the internets soon.

I would love to have an avvy of Rorschach mask moving when he opens up the closet, to bad there's a head in the way.

What was that last shot? I couldn't tell.

I would love to have an avvy of Rorschach mask moving when he opens up the closet, to bad there's a head in the way.

What was that last shot? I couldn't tell.

Appeared to be Dan sitting, looking quite helpless. See Issue 1, page 13 for reference. ;)

this has got to be the weirdest video ever, its awesome and annoying all at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"