Comicbook Dream Team

Comics N' Toons

Viva La Revolucion!
Reaction score
i dunno if anyone has ever had an idea like this, but IF YOU COULD MAKE A TEAM of 10 heroes, like the Avengers or JLA or the X-Men or the Fantastic Four or the Ultimates etc.

AND YOU COULD CHOOSE FROM ANY CHARACTER IN ANY TITLE or BOOK ever published, who would make up your dream team of heroes?

you can name your team if you want to, but who would your heroes be?

i'll start...

1) Batman
2) The Shadow
3) Daredevil
4) Spawn
5) the Green Hornet
6) Wolverine
7) deadpool
8) Superman
9) Dragon (from Savage Dragon)
10) Nightcrawler (X-men)

Ok I'm game

Group affiliation:" THE SOUL PATROL"
members
1) Icon
2) Luke Cage
3) Black Panther
4) Black Lightning
5) Storm
6)Vixen
7)Hardware
8)The Falcon
9) Firestorm
10)Photon

Peace, Love and Sooouuuuullll Patrol!!

No particular order here...

1) The Shadow
2) The Spirit
3) The Rocketeer
4) Batman
5) Grifter
6) The Mask
7) The Question
9) Green Hornet
10) The Crimson Avenger (original costume)

hey Shadow, man you & I must seriously be related or something.... You really like those pulp-style characters almost as much as I do.

tHAT'S awesome

I'd steal the Sentinels of Magic name from DC and make a team of the following:

1. Thor (Marvel)
2. Alan Scott
3. The Black Knight (Marvel)
4. Hellboy
5. Dr. Strange
6. Bigby Wolf
7. Little Boy Blue
8. Eddie (The Damned)
9. John Constantine
10. Brooklyn (hey, Gargoyles is a comic now)

hey Shadow, man you & I must seriously be related or something.... You really like those pulp-style characters almost as much as I do.

tHAT'S awesome
Yeah, theres just somethin' about em'... I just love the look of the characters and the world around them. They all have fedoras and cloaks/ trenchcoats. And some have a mask. No superpowers either. Its just more believeble and desirable than a superhuman with underwear over a pair of spandex on. And a dorky full-face mask to top it off. Also I love the look of the dark cities around them. Like gotham, I just think it looks sweet, but the superhero...not sooo much. Central city (spirit not flash) looks sweet, too. I just love the "atmosphere" (so-to-speak), in pulps. You know what I mean?:yay:

I tried to limit myself to not using too many characters from the same comics. Blue and Bigby are the best for an outright superhero team, I think, since Bigby's got his wolf form and Blue's got his Witching Cloak. I really love the Witching Cloak. :)

Can't go wrong with Fables. :)

You can if it involves analogies to Middle Eastern politics.:o

Anyway:

Iron Fist, Atomic Robo, John Constantine, Hercules (maybe with Amadeus Cho?) and oh what the hell, Faith and Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer as the all-new Confederates of the Curious.

You've got mysticism, magic, mythology, science, a billion-dollar budget and one (1) standard issue Brassy Dame. All the ingredients for a classic action-adventuring crew.

... John and Giles overlap a little bit so I might swap John out for someone else. Don't know who though. Although the mix of similarities and differences between the two characters could make it really fun to play them off of each other.

Swap Giles for Spike and watch as John and Spike try to out-smarm each other.

I think I just threw up a little bit.

... Yep.

Batman--Because every team needs Batman
Superman--The quintessential powerhouse. You've got a basic bruiser, you've got energy beams, you've got x-ray vision, you've got superspeed, you've got flight, you've got...cold breath.
The Shadow--The power to cloud men's minds, *****. My team needs to know what evil lurks in the hearts of men.
The Question--I want my team to have some Goddamn culture and panache. Also, Vic knew everything.
Martian Manhunter--Telepathy, plus a lot of what Superman can do all over again.
Doctor Fate--You need that magic.
Flash--Fastest mother****er out there.
Wolverine--You need the unkillable bastard.
Atom--Need a tiny guy. I take Ray Palmer because Ryan Choi is too inexperienced, Hank Pym is a disgusting piece of ****, Eric O'Grady is also a disgusting piece of ****, and I don't know much about that other Ant-Man.
Atom Smasher--Need a big-ass guy. I could take Goliath, I suppose, but I'm a DC dude.
Green Lantern--I'm gonna take Kyle Rayner.

That's right, my team goes up to eleven. Call us Team Spinal Tap.

On the other hand, I could go this angle:

1) Batman--Because he's Batman.
2) Batman (Millerverse)--Because he's a really scary Batman.
3) Batman (Original)--Because he ****ing shoots guys and snaps their necks.
4) Batman (Cold Steel)--Because he drives a gigantic Bat-Mech.
5) Batman (Adam West)--Because he has a Bat-whatever-repellent spray for literally everything.
6) Batman (Dick Grayson)--Because I'm running out of Batmen that I'd want on my team.
7) Batman (Timmverse)--Because he's arguably the best Batman ever.
8) Batman (Terry McGuinness)--Because he's got some really cool tech.
9) Bat-Lantern--Because he's Bruce Wayne with a GL ring.
10) Batman (Gotham by Gaslight)--Because who doesn't need some old 1800s-ass bastard on a superteam?

I'm calling this "Team We're Batman."

Put him on a team with Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor and watch the universe crumble before them.

On the other hand, I could go this angle:

1) Batman--Because he's Batman.
2) Batman (Millerverse)--Because he's a really scary Batman.
3) Batman (Original)--Because he ****ing shoots guys and snaps their necks.
4) Batman (Cold Steel)--Because he drives a gigantic Bat-Mech.
5) Batman (Adam West)--Because he has a Bat-whatever-repellent spray for literally everything.
6) Batman (Dick Grayson)--Because I'm running out of Batmen that I'd want on my team.
7) Batman (Timmverse)--Because he's arguably the best Batman ever.
8) Batman (Terry McGuinness)--Because he's got some really cool tech.
9) Bat-Lantern--Because he's Bruce Wayne with a GL ring.
10) Batman (Gotham by Gaslight)--Because who doesn't need some old 1800s-ass bastard on a superteam?

I'm calling this "Team We're Batman."
What about Batman: Leatherwing the pirate from the Elseworld comic?
180px-Leatherwing.jpg

Ok I'm game

Group affiliation:" THE SOUL PATROL"
members
1) Icon
2) Luke Cage
3) Black Panther
4) Black Lightning
5) Storm
6)Vixen
7)Hardware
8)The Falcon
9) Firestorm
10)Photon

Peace, Love and Sooouuuuullll Patrol!!

Yo, BLACKVULCAN, which Firestorm are you talking about for the Soul Patrol?

Yo, BLACKVULCAN, which Firestorm are you talking about for the Soul Patrol?

Man! it's gotta be the Ronnie Raymond one. not that new cat.It my whole little twist of the whole team dynamics then it was back in the day.Haha! as a matter of fact i think Black Canary would work better in there
Revision:
Soul Patrol

1) Icon- Milestone's Superman
2)Luke Cage
3)Black Panther
4)Black Lightning
5)Black Canary
6)Vixen
7)Hardware- Milestone's Iron Man
8)The Falcon
9) Storm
10) Photon