Supportive Cast: MoS
Story: MoS
Script: Thor
Pacing: Thor
Action: MoS
Special Effects: MoS
Score: MoS

That's how I see it.

I agree with you my lovely Thoix... that's a great rating you have put in there for this two filmss in review and compare and contrast another with. Lovely writing.

So what does being a god mean ? What is the key feature of god-hood ?
I ask because it sounds like this is the point we're differing on.

Personally, for me, immortality would be something I would associate with
gods. But that's just IMO

Fallibility is certainly a hallmark of the most enjoyable (and sometimes gruesome) stories about 'gods', as you say, especially the Greek gods.

So when you say the Asgardians are gods, what do you mean ?

Also, I posted a thread for you Thor-fans to relive all of the Thunder-God's most glorious triumphs, (and didn't say a word about Beta Ray Bill, the Hulk or Superman) and even started it off with probably his best one ever, the conquest of Death (well, Death personified as Hel).

Sadly, none of Thor's other fans have yet to post a particularly cracking victory for the big blonde hammer-thrower. That leaves me as the sole promoter of Thor, which just seems wrong.

I challenge you and the rest of the Asgardi-fans to look at Thor's 40+ year history and dig out some of his greatest triumphs, as there are probably many I've never seen or heard about.
Late answer as I haven't visited the board in a few days.

My point is that I like that calling them gods will challenge the views of those that hold very narrow definitions of what a god is. Immortality can't be a requirement as, as I said, the Norse gods were never inherently immortal. The reason they lived forever was because they ate the golden apples of Idunn.

When I say the Asgardians are gods it's because they are in the comics. It's not always been portrayed in the same way but, for example, in the current comic Thor is affected by prayers.

I missed your thread about it but I'll post my current favorite.

Mjölnir;27252793 said:
Late answer as I haven't visited the board in a few days.

My point is that I like that calling them gods will challenge the views of those that hold very narrow definitions of what a god is. Immortality can't be a requirement as, as I said, the Norse gods were never inherently immortal. The reason they lived forever was because they ate the golden apples of Idunn.

When I say the Asgardians are gods it's because they are in the comics. It's not always been portrayed in the same way but, for example, in the current comic Thor is affected by prayers.

I missed your thread about it but I'll post my current favorite.

Dude, have you read "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman ? If you haven't you should, sounds like you'd really enjoy it. Great book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"