Rank the Thor movies / appearances

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
What’s your ranking of Thor movies / appearances?

Mine:

1. Infinity War: This was the best balance of Thor. We get Thor who is a little more serious and can still make jokes that aren’t cringe (“Good luck morons”) while having pathos like his whole speech to Rocket about having nothing left to lose. And that entrance in Wakanda is unforgettable.

2. Thor: Bleached eyebrows aside, I prefer a more serious Thor. We get to spend time with him as a person and not just a powerful god who

3. Ragnarok: Probably the best Thor solo movie. Still a good balance of seriousness and humor

4. Endgame: Having Thor gain weight as a result of depression is an interesting choice. I appreciated the story of him learning to accept he isn’t meant to be king, even if they leaned too much on fat jokes (“cheese whiz”)

5. Dark World. The movie itself wasn’t great but the scenes with Loki are always worth rewatching

6. Avengers: Not really much of a storyline for him even though his brother is the main villain

7. Love & Thunder: They’ve turned him into a complete bro who only knows how to crack one liners

8. What If / Party Thor: Like Love & Thunder but animated

9. Age of Ultron: He goes skinny dipping in a pool because reasons?

1. Infinity War
2. Thor Ragnarok
3. Thor: Love and Thunder
4. Thor
5. Avengers
6. Age of Ultron
7. End Game
8. What If
9. The Dark World

1. Infinity War
2. Ragnarok
3. Thor 1
4. Age of Ultron
5. The Avengers
6. Love and Thunder
7. Thor: Dark World
8. What If
9. Endgame

1. Infinity War
2. Thor Ragnarok
3. Thor: Love and Thunder
4. Thor
5. Avengers
6. Age of Ultron
7. End Game
8. What If
9. The Dark World
Agree with the top 4. Haven’t thought about ordering the rest. IW is certainly the pinnacle.

1. Infinity War
  2. Avengers
  3. Ragnarok
  4. Thor
  5. End Game
  6. Age of Ultron
  7. What if
  8. Dark World
  9. Love and Thunder

Last edited:
So are we ranking the movies themselves, or the portrayal of Thor in each movie?

I think this is probably my favorite Thor movie. I'd probably go:
Love & Thunder
Ragnarok
Thor
The Dark World

It's hard to judge the other appearances. I like Endgame a lot as a movie, but didn't love the creative decisions for Thor. I do like the Nidavellir scenes in Infinity War so that might be up there, though.

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Avengers: Endgame
3. Thor: Ragnarok
4. Avengers: Age of Ultron
5. Thor
6. The Avengers
7. Thor: Love and Thunder
8. Thor: The Dark World

If we’re talking movies that Thor has appeared in:

1. Avengers: Endgame
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. The Avengers
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Thor: Love and Thunder
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron
7. Thor
8. Thor: The Dark World

However, ranking them based on Thor as character changes that up a bit.

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Thor
4. Thor: Love and Thunder
5. Avengers: Endgame
6. Thor: The Dark World
7. The Avengers
8. Avengers: Age of Ultron

Whedon’s the only one who really didn’t know what to do with the character.

1. Thor: Ragnarok
2. Thor
3. Thor: The Dark World
4. Thor: Love and Thunder

Ranking from a combination of Personality/Arc/Power level

Infinity War
Ragnarok
Love and Thunder
Thor
Endgame
Age of Ultron
Avengers
The Dark World

1. Infinity War: There was a two year, two film stretch where MCU Thor felt like he was truly on the level as Iron Man and Phase 2 & 3 Captain America. This was one of those times. For me, the icing on the cake would’ve been Thor looking like he did in Thor: The Dark World. Either way, it’s number one.

2. Ragnarok: The thing I particularly like about what Taika did here is, he never lets you forget who the title character is. Thor here is a powerful warrior who will either beat you with strength and thunder, or will simply outsmart you. I think this film’s detractors often forget that. And Hemsworth shines here in a way he never got to with TDW and the Whedon films.

3. Thor: Nowadays, possibly the most underrated Thor performance. People seem to just lump this Thor in with the TDW or Whedon Thor. Branagh’s Thor is more interesting and dynamic than that.

4. Love & Thunder: An solid enough version of Thor. Not as standout as my first three picks, but not as straight up dull as some latter entries on the list.

5. Endgame: On one hand, it was a great idea to give us a depressed Thor, one who battled PTSD, drinking problems, and weight gain. On the other hand, the execution wasn’t always the best. There were one too many moments where he felt more like a punchline than anything else. That being said, his scene with Frigga was a highlight.

6. The Avengers: This is the first film where he straight up gets overshadowed by Loki. I have TA Thor this high because of the “Petty…and tiny” line, the fight with Hulk, the fight with Iron Man where it’s pretty clear he would’ve stomped Tony had the fight went on, and the “He’s adopted” moment.

7. Age Of Ultron: There’s not much to Thor in this film besides that silly subplot. The most iconic thing Thor does in this film is…have people fail to or succeed to lift his hammer. I’ll always like the scene at the end with him, Tony, and Steve, though.

8. The Dark World: The most boring Thor performance in the most boring Thor film. I can’t blame Hemsworth for getting sick of the character when this was the (lack of) material he had to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"