• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Computer Back Up Disc

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
I have a Sony VAIO PCV-RS720G (RS Series).
Hopefully, someone else has something like mine or a VAIO, but it shouldn't matter, I guess.

I plan on wiping the memory and starting over again, so my computer can be very fast again, etc. I don't have a back-up disc for it. I tried looking and there was no program on my computer that can restore my computer to how it originally was when I bought it.

- Is there a website where I can download a virtual back-up disc for a computer?
- Can I use the Sony eSupport website and download the original software?
- Is it even possible to find a back-up disc for my computer if I didn't get it when I first purchased the computer?
- Am I screwed?

:csad:

What i normaly do if i need to wipe my computer is.

Buy another hard drive (mines 350gig) and use it as a slave drive
Transfer everything i want to keep (photos mp3s .exe files onto it)
take the slave drive out.
put in a F-disk
Format my hard drive, now you can do this with the windows xp disk, but i find it just layers the newer windows over the one you had before which i find pointless, so i do a full wipe with an F-disk
Turn the pc off after its done
Put windows cd in and reinstall windows
Wack my slave back in when its done
Transfer the files back
and bingo, fresh system with my pictures and stuff
Software you don't have .exe files for have to installed from the disk

A big hard drive costs hardly anything in this day and age and its always good for extra space for mp3s and films (what i use mine for)

But that's just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"