• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Computer geeks arise-I need help :(

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
I filmed a test scene from my feature film during mid-Dec to show investors and try to get funding on kickstarter, but I can't even begin editing because Final Cut won't read the files.

I filmed on the Panasonic ag-af101 and the files look like this

Stream: Slate 1 Take 2.MOV
Path: /Volumes/Time Machine Backups/Sock IT Out/Promo Scene/Slate 1 Take 2.MOV

Duration: 0:00:33
Data Size: 206.53 MB
Bit Rate: 52.31 Mbps

Video Tracks:
1080i50 50 Mbit 4:2:2 LG, 1920 × 1080, 25 fps, 50.01 Mbps

Audio Tracks:
?, 0.001 kHz, 1.15 Mbps

Stream Files:
Slate 1 Take 2.MOV (206.53 MB)

When it comes to files and types, I'm pretty clueless. The footage is playing through VLC just fine, but Final Cut & Premiere Pro(just trial version of PP) can't read the files. I've download MPEG Streamclip, but when I convert .mov to avi, I still get no image. I'm not even sure if I'm exporting the file right.

If anyone can help, I will forever be in your debt...I will even murder for you...

Well, I know absolutely nothing about Final Cut as I edit using Avid exclusively, but my guess is that you're only importing the main video file (.mov) when you should have your editing software process those dailies as "volumes" (video + its metadata).

When using Avid, you have to import those files using "File > Link to AMA volume" then select the root folder your dailies are in (its name depends on the camera you're shooting with).

Do not try to drag your videos in the editing window, and do not try to import them using only "File > Import".

It may also happen because you're using an older version of Final Cut, because your FC project hasn't been correctly created (is it set for 1080i footage?), or because of the camera recording settings.

I wish I could help you further but I can only be of a very limited help considering my lack of knowledge when it comes to FC. But maybe if you gave me the exact composition of the dailies you end up with after shooting (i.e complete file tree from the very first root folder to the smallest metadata file), I could find out what it's all about.

Last edited:
I filmed a test scene from my feature film during mid-Dec to show investors and try to get funding on kickstarter, but I can't even begin editing because Final Cut won't read the files.

I filmed on the Panasonic ag-af101 and the files look like this

Stream: Slate 1 Take 2.MOV
Path: /Volumes/Time Machine Backups/Sock IT Out/Promo Scene/Slate 1 Take 2.MOV

Duration: 0:00:33
Data Size: 206.53 MB
Bit Rate: 52.31 Mbps

Video Tracks:
1080i50 50 Mbit 4:2:2 LG, 1920 × 1080, 25 fps, 50.01 Mbps

Audio Tracks:
?, 0.001 kHz, 1.15 Mbps

Stream Files:
Slate 1 Take 2.MOV (206.53 MB)

When it comes to files and types, I'm pretty clueless. The footage is playing through VLC just fine, but Final Cut & Premiere Pro(just trial version of PP) can't read the files. I've download MPEG Streamclip, but when I convert .mov to avi, I still get no image. I'm not even sure if I'm exporting the file right.

If anyone can help, I will forever be in your debt...I will even murder for you...

Panasonic uses a Codec of AVC intra as a default setting in their cameras. We use them here at our production house and we use final cut. Final cut doesnt read AVC intra so you will need to download that codec/driver into final cut and that should work for ya. Let me know if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"