Conan on TBS

Gonna suck to see Conan go as he’s my favorite late night talk show host, but glad to see he’ll live on with a weekly HBO Max series

Wonder if he still still continue to do his Comic-Con talk shows once SDCC starts up again. I was lucky enough to score tickets to see him in 2018

Only just heard about this. Opinions will obviously vary, but to me it feels like the end of an era. The last great late night talk show host has finally thrown in the towel on traditional late night comedy.

To me there seems to have been a clear comedic through line from the likes of Allen, Parr and Carson, all the way down to Letterman, Leno and finally Conan. The guys who run late night in the present are of a different school.

People will understandably chime in about how there's still Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon and Meyers, etc., but personally I can't stand any of them and don't really think of them as being 'great' in the same way that I did Conan or Letterman.

I watched clips of most of the interviews and Conan's farewell from the last week. It was nice to see him end the show on his own terms, but I just wish he didn't lose the Tonight Show all those years ago. He deserves it way more than Fallon. Though on the other hand, his brand of humor probably would have been too restrained by that show. Either way, I'm glad he's not gonna be gone for good and I'll definitely tune in to his HBO Max show.

Either Coco got work done or he's not aging right...

A legendary Hot Ones.

@Sawyer @Drizzle

I couldn't love this enough. Between this and his Tonight Show appearance I wanna start a prayer circle that he gets to host SNL again before the end of the season. I've held out hope since his cameo a few years back that made the audience go absolutely wild.

Conan exclaiming "I'm fine! I'm PERFECTLY f***ing fine!" as his face turns redder with his eyes watering and mouth covered in sauce and spit needs to become a meme. He was also full-on channelling DeVito's Penguin when he was plugging his show there at the end. This was a Hot Ones for the ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"