Console Wars 2017!: NX/Scorpio/Neo

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
With a new generation of consoles coming next year (I think it's safe to call it this, unfortunately), I wanted to know which one you are looking forward to the most. The mysterious Nintendo NX which promises to be Nintendo's savior or last hurrah in the hardware space, the Scorpio and its "4K Gaming" and new controller, or the Neo with its "4K Gaming" and PS exclusives?

wait.......Scorpio is getting a new controller??

also, I'm looking forward to all 3.

not going to buy all 3, but I'm looking forward to them.

I thought it was mentioned Scorpio would be getting a new controller. :huh:

I may have gotten it confused with the Neo.

well, the new X1 S coming out this August is getting a new controller.

and recently, there have been reports of Sony filing patents for new controllers. but no idea if those are for the Neo.

I haven't cared about Nintendo since I had the GameCube but I am curious what the NX has to offer. I don't have a 4k tv and am not interested in one right now and so I don't need 4k gaming.

I may eventually get the Xbox One Slim..IF my current X1 breaks down.

I fail to see any reason to look forward to the Scorpio or Neo, when I could just get an Xbone or PS4 for those games.

My primary loyalty is still to Nintendo, though.

None of the above. Looking forward to upgrading my PC hard November/December.

None of em. I already have a PS4. Haven't owned a Nintendo console since GameCube.
Microsoft still hasn't gotten that exclusive that I must buy a 300 dollar console just to play.
I also don't have a 4k TV, and I don't think I'll be jumping into the VR gaming just yet.

I'm not sure. PS4 Neo maybe because I have the original PS4 but I don't want to buy a new console yet. I most likey will not.

I haven't owned a Nintendo console since Gamecube, and even then I got that cheap towards the end of its lifecycle.

but Zelda has definitely got me interested in NX. If NX still supports all those VC NES and SNES titles, then that will get me even more interested.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this thread, honestly, it feels somewhat misleading. While NX is looking to be an actual new, built from the ground up console, neither the Neo nor the Scorpio are new consoles. The Neo, especially, looks like nothing more than a slight upgrade from the PS4, and it's been more or less confirmed that all PS4 games will play on the Neo and vanilla PS4. While the language around Scorpio has been vaguer, it's still being framed as an upgraded Xbox One.

So, while Scorpio and Neo are new hardware, I'm not sure if we can frame this as actual new consoles, or a new generation of consoles. Obviously, this changes the ideas of 'generations' and all, but we're still, basically, talking about the PS4 and the Xbox One.

The Scorpio and Neo may not be full fledged new consoles, but they will be vying for the same sales as the NX which is why I made this thread. You're right the concept of the console generation as we have known it for decades is coming to an end and a new way of console cycles are happening. If the XB1/PS4/WiiU are in their own generation and the Scorpio/Neo/NX are the start of a new one, then I got to say this last generation was extremely lackluster.

I won't be joining the new generation of consoles. It is far too early. I wouldn't really call it the next generation either. These consoles are simply just upgraded versions of the current ones and will improve the resolution and quality of games that will still be playable on PS4/Xbone. Until I start seeing games only made for these upgraded variants and games like CoD having a split development where one team works on the Scorpio/Neo version while a different developer works on the PS4/Xbone version, then we can call it the next console generation.

Why isnt there a none of the above option?

Because we live in a world where totalitarianism exists and rules are set forth to trap you and the supposed freedom of the internet into the confines of the system dictated by individuals with less sense than you... OR I just didn't put it in cause these are the major consoles coming out next year and it would be rather easy to say none. :p

When it comes to the 3 I have to go like this.

NX-NEO-Scorpio

I am one of the few people that though the Wii u was a good system and didn't like wii and thought wii u was much better and with wii u not doing well and all the negativity towards Nintendo I am really hoping NX can be a success because if it is not then I think Nintendo will be down with making consoles. I really don't want to see that because I like that Nintendo is different and don't really copy each other like Sony and Microsoft do. NX is also the only true new console of the 3 so you get new games and Nintendo still has some of the best franchise out there with franchise like Zelda, Donkey kong, Mario etc. Hopefully the system will not be underpowered like the wii and wii u where and will get multiplatform games.

When it comes to NEO I really don't like this whole upgrade console thing. I don't think it is a good idea its to much like PC. I think instead they should just want and come out with ps5 in 2018-19 for a 5-6 year gen like almost gen has been. I already have a ps4 and I don't want to speed money for a NEO when I could just spend that money come ps5 or on games or something. Because of this once ps5 comes out I am more likely to want a year years before getting one and making sure we don't get a ps5.5 or something. I like Sony a lot good consoles, games and controllers.

When it comes to Scorpio I hate Microsoft so I have no interest at all. Microsoft is easily the worst of the 3. Both XBOX and xbox360 had major hardware issues and I find the xbox controller to be like the most overrated thing in gaming. They also just flat out have zero games. Between xbox, xbox360 and now xboxone there is not a single excusive they have never made that I have been interested in at all. Microsoft is garbage. But I am glade they are around just because you can never have enough competition and if they where not around Sony would likely not be as good as they are right now.

NX is the only one I have interest in, Mario and Zelda games are consistently on my must buy lists, the NEO is something that I'll wait quite some time to get, if I ever get it at all, as I'm more than happy with my PS4 atm. And I couldn't care less about Microsoft if I tried.

Last edited:
The Scorpio and Neo may not be full fledged new consoles, but they will be vying for the same sales as the NX which is why I made this thread. You're right the concept of the console generation as we have known it for decades is coming to an end and a new way of console cycles are happening. If the XB1/PS4/WiiU are in their own generation and the Scorpio/Neo/NX are the start of a new one, then I got to say this last generation was extremely lackluster.

I don't know, the Scorpio and Neo are still the Xbox One and PS4, respectively.

Why isnt there a none of the above option?

There is, it's called not voting.

Good. Fine. So be it. Indubitably. Zoidberg! This is the only logical outcome for rest of you two's discussion. :o

Bumping this since they're all released. So really, PS4 Pro vs. Xbox One X vs. Switch.

Oh wait Xbox One X isn't.... Okay then released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"