Cop Gone Wild

carrrnuttt

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1961.asp
Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours
A St. George, Missouri police officer is caught on tape threatening to invent charges to arrest a motorist for parking after hours.

A motorist who refused to discuss his personal business with a St. George, Missouri police officer was threatened with arrest last Friday. Brett Darrow, 20, no stranger to unconventional encounters with police, caught a St. George Police Sergeant James Kuehnlein stating that he had the power to invent charges that would put Darrow behind bars. Update: Sergeant Kuehnlein was placed on unpaid leave Monday pending an investigation.

"Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kuehnlein. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things."

The incident began at around 2am. Darrow was to meet a friend who was working late and was going to pick him up. Darrow headed toward a 24-hour commuter parking lot in an unincorporated part of Saint Louis County in his 1997 Nissan Maxima. He put on his turn signal and entered the lot which, aside from Kuehnlein's cruiser, was essentially vacant. After stopping the car, the police officer approached and began questioning Darrow about what he was doing. When Darrow declined to discuss his personal business, the police sergeant exploded. Although the video clearly shows Darrow driving properly and using his turn signal, the police officer insisted that Darrow had broken the law.

"Oh, while you were coming towards me you were swerving back and forth within the roadway," Sergeant Kuehnlein said. "I might give you a ticket for that. You want me to come up with some more? When you turned in, you failed to use your turn signal, your right turn signal."

Without the video, Darrow tells TheNewspaper that he would have stood no chance disproving the officer's word in court. Twenty-eight percent of the St. George municipal budget comes from
traffic citations. Darrow wonders how many of the tickets were legitimate.

"Looking into this guys eyes, he was crazy," Darrow said. "I was really scared he was going to assault me. I just wonder how many other people have been arrested on these charges."

After ordering Darrow against the car and searching him, Sergeant Kuehnlein released the motorist.

View
video of incident below. Warning: Police officer uses graphic language.

Link to Google vid: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2715792117793977759&hl=en

Lot of crooked cops out there,glad to see Comm. Gordan is out there.

I also clicked the "no stranger to unconventional encounters with police" link, and god damn. I know what state to steer clear of.

phew...

thought this was going to be some weird parrallel to girls gone wild... like a cop got into the police locker were all the drugs are held and started running around naked showin off his man ****

but instead, its jus the same ol same ol

"You've got to nip it.....nip it in the bud!!!
barneyfife.jpg

Wow. It's frightening to know there are guys like that out there.

I dont at all find it hard to believe that similar incident occurred once before

Exactly how police are known to operate in Chicago-Whenever pulled over or stopped just strolling down the street.I was always asked "Where are you going? Where are you coming from?"
A distinct violation of civil rights-A question that you are not required to answer. That is in fact,specifically written in one of the Police handbooks

But what can you do?You cant decline to answer because they construe that as suspicious-And if you answer snarky" Im coming from f#$%^n your mother and,Im on my way to f%^& your daughter" =Then you are so asking for trouble

punk.jpg

...this kid has had previous run-ins with the police, he coincidentally had a camera in his car, he goes to a parking lot where crimes are currently being commited and a police car is right next to it, and he refuses to answer simple questions to the officer (when the officer was actually being nice at first) while being a smart ass about it.

Officer: "Hello, this is a parking lot where automobile crimes are currently being investigated. What your business here tonight?"

Kid: "What?! I cant park here?! Its a public parking lot! You dont need to know why I'm here."

That doesnt excuse what the officer did afterwards, but I see this all the time on youtube with skateboarders and security. They bring camcorders and do stuff that they know the officer will have to talk to them about and act like they did nothing wrong when they know they're pushing buttons.

From another forum:

likenew94stang said:
Anyone who has recently read or heard about the situation in St. George, Missouri should be furious about the situation. If, you're not angry, you don't deserve to live in a free country.

Think about this long and hard everyone...a cop pulls you over and tells you that he'll make up something to arrest you. Doesnt that in itself sound like tyrannical government? Would anyone believe you if you had been arrested in that circumstance for no reason? What would you do if you found yourself in a jail cell knowing you did nothing wrong but could not prove your innocence. Police are over respected and feared which gives them an UNQUESTIONABLE AUTHORITY!!! We fought the REVOLUTIONARY WAR over this type of thing. This is a very serious situation and I beg that all of you do the right thing by making sure that this kind of thing never happens again.

Many people have posed several questions relating to the kid in video:

Question: Why did he have a video camera in his car?

Answer 1: This is America, he can have a video camera in his car for whatever reason he chooses, and does not have to explain his logic to ANYONE without a court order.

Answer 2: If you asked this question to start with, you probably aren't smart enough to understand that the point of the video camera is exactly what it appears...to capture events that must be captured (duh)

Answer 3: Brett Darrow had been previously assaulted by a police officer. The police officer in that case, assaulted him, and arrested him. Brett later had all charges dropped because of the brutality. I would carry a video camera everywhere if this was the case.

Question: What did he say to the police officer to make him so angry?

Answer 1: There is NO explanation for the officers behavior. The entire tape is clear in audio w/ written transcripts available.

Here is another strange thing. This same police department (in a town of less than 1500 people) is currently under a different investigation relating to a woman who was sexual assaulted by a police officer in the same force. It seems to me that this department is the problem.

I called the City Hall for St. George Missouri to express my concern with the situation...no one answered. I called time and time again, no answer and all the voicemail boxes are full. I called the Missouri attorney general and he said that it wasn't his "problem, you need to call their City Hall." I explained that there is no one to talk to at that place, and he said, "sir, that's all I can help you with" and hung up. What kind of redneck state is Missouri??? I mean hell, I live in Kentucky and didnt think it could be much worse...I was wrong.

Please call ALL of these numbers and state your concern to them. If enough people call, they will listen.

St. George Missour Police Chief Scott Uhrig: (314) 631-1295
Missouri Attorney General: (573) 751-3321 or (573) 290-5679

These kinds of things do happen in this country. I had a friend last year arrested for drug charges. This was a very close personal friend of mine who I got this information DIRECTLY from. He was pulled over, and the officer arrested him for possession of Marijuana. My friend has never smoked weed in his life, and the cop "found" an ounce in his back seat. He was convicted of possession and served a short sentence, but is permanently on his record.

...this kid has had previous run-ins with the police, he coincidentally had a camera in his car, he goes to a parking lot where crimes are currently being commited and a police car is right next to it, and he refuses to answer simple questions to the officer (when the officer was actually being nice at first) while being a smart ass about it.

Officer: "Hello, this is a parking lot where automobile crimes are currently being investigated. What your business here tonight?"

Kid: "What?! I cant park here?! Its a public parking lot! You dont need to know why I'm here."

That doesnt excuse what the officer did afterwards, but I see this all the time on youtube with skateboarders and security. They bring camcorders and do stuff that they know the officer will have to talk to them about and act like they did nothing wrong when they know they're pushing buttons.

Besides the fact that kid has apparently been assaulted by an officer BEFORE he had the "audacity" to carry a camera in his car, here's the actual transcript of the conversation with the cop:

Officer #1: How we doin? What's going on?
Brett: Nothing.
Officer #1: Why you parkin here?
Brett: Can't I park here? It's a commuter lot right?
Officer #1: Yeah, but we have problems after midnight time. People break into cars. You got any ID on you?
Brett: Yeah, I do.
Officer #1: Can I see it please?
Brett: Did I do something wrong?
Officer #1: Yeah you're a suspicious vehicle right now.
Brett: I'm what?
Officer #1: [Leans into the car and yells] You are a suspicious vehicle right now.
Brett: In a commuter parking lot?
Officer #1: Yeah you are cause we have car thieves in here. Yeah you're right.
Brett: Cause I can park right here.
Officer #1: You want me -- You wanna come out of the car? Come on out. Come on out.

1:32
[I exit the vehicle]
Officer #1: Let me see your ID.
[I give him my valid Missouri License]
Officer #1: Let me see your insurance card for the vehicle.
Brett: Did I commit a moving violation?
Officer #1: Yeah you did, when you were coming in here.
Brett: Really? What was that?
Officer #1: Yeah, you wanna try me? You wanna try me tonight? You think you've had a bad night? I will ruin your ****ing night.
[Officer starts to get close up to my face]
Officer #1 You want to try me?
[Officer is inches away from my face, screaming as I'm pinned between him and my vehicle]
Officer #1 Do you wanna try me young boy? Do you want to try me tonight young boy?
Brett: No I don't.
Officer #1: Do you want to go to jail for some ****ing reason I come up with?
Officer #1: Do you wanna see who knows the law better, me or you. My experience compared to your young ass. Huh? Don't ever get smart mouthed with a cop again. I show you what a cop does. Do you understand me?
Brett: Yes sir.
Officer #1: Try and talk back -- Talk back to me again. I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things. Do you wanna try something?
Officer #1: Wait here.

Go ahead, justify that, considering:
  • We do NOT have to explain ANYTHING to cops, except when it is related to the commission of a crime the cop is investigating. Even then, we STILL have the right to remain silent.
  • There was NO crime being committed, with the exception of the imaginary "moving violation".

Hope they butt-rape that cop with a band-saw, career-wise (metaphorically) I mean.:cwink: :woot:

One thing I cant stand is ass hole cops. I hope they send that cop to jail for terrorist threats or some crap. Ive had b.s charges thrown at me for way less. One time my sister fllipped off a cop and he threatened to take her to jail for "flagging down a police officer for no reason" (some b.s charge like that).

That cop is a ****ING *****e, sure. But that whole situation probably just could have been avoided if the kid had just been complaint.

That cop is a ****ING *****e, sure. But that whole situation probably just could have been avoided if the kid had just been complaint.

Yeah but now he can get a lawyer and have a payday. I would.:woot:

ha . . . you said complaint, but I know you really meant to say compliant

anyway . . . it's obvious this particular cop was bullied in high school, and is taking it out on society . . . fuack you, copper :down . . . there's nothing worse than a power-trippin fuack-head in a uniform . . .

Besides the fact that kid has apparently been assaulted by an officer BEFORE he had the "audacity" to carry a camera in his car, here's the actual transcript of the conversation with the cop:

Go ahead, justify that, considering:
  • We do NOT have to explain ANYTHING to cops, except when it is related to the commission of a crime the cop is investigating. Even then, we STILL have the right to remain silent.
  • There was NO crime being committed, with the exception of the imaginary "moving violation".

I'm not justifying the police officer's actions, because he obviously did and said things that he should have never done being a servant to the community. But Somebody has to look at it with more depth than just "oh my god the police officer has no right to ask the kid for his I.D. and ask him why hes parking in a commuter parking lot late at night even though it was obvious a police officer was watching the lot being that he was parked there and the kid drove right passed him." I mean, before you get defensive for the "poor kid", start doing some research on the psychological behaviors of people who have problems with authority figures. The kid was packing a camera and drove into a parking lot that was being watched by police officers for vehicle thefts...and he parked there late at night of all the hours he could have went there. THEN, he refused to comply with the police officer's questions. The police officer "had no right to ask the kid questions"?! :whatever:

I'm not justifying the police officer's actions, because he obviously did and said things that he should have never done being a servant to the community. But Somebody has to look at it with more depth than just "oh my god the police officer has no right to ask the kid for his I.D. and ask him why hes parking in a commuter parking lot late at night even though it was obvious a police officer was watching the lot being that he was parked there and the kid drove right passed him." I mean, before you get defensive for the "poor kid", start doing some research on the psychological behaviors of people who have problems with authority figures. The kid was packing a camera and drove into a parking lot that was being watched by police officers for vehicle thefts...and he parked there late at night of all the hours he could have went there. THEN, he refused to comply with the police officer's questions. The police officer "had no right to ask the kid questions"?! :whatever:

He was picking up his friend.

The cop was a dick...plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"