Coronavirus outbreak

I haven't checked the numbers for a while but worldometer now shows the US at over 200k deaths. Also India just seems to steadily be increasing with no let up and is close to 100k new cases per day. :csad:

If more nations don't have confidence that we have a handle on our Covid numbers the cutting of ties is going to really start to become apparent. This will ad to a contracting economy.

Well said @KRYPTON INC.

Weirdly, I actually came here to post that my partner, who works in a care home has had her latest Covid-19 test come back positive.
So, that's it for the next ten days for her and fourteen days for me as those are the self-isolation rules as per the UK government right now.

The thing is, neither of us feel unwell at the moment. Although we both had bad headaches last night, however this is more likely the stress of the test result and worrying about whether we will get badly ill from this... And today we both have feelings of tightness in our chest. But again, this could be a stress reaction.

It is not the best of times right now... But, I have hope that we will get through this and be okay. :nrv:

Not Covid related (at least not this first part) - but because I had mentioned it here a few weeks ago that my mom had gone into the hospital and because I had received messages of support during that time I just wanted to say that unfortunately, due to complications following open heart surgery (to do repair on a valve she'd already had replaced once several years ago), my mom did pass away Friday afternoon :( We feel extremely blessed, however, that her surgeon and the staff on the cardiac floor at the hospital were able to make some exceptions to their COVID restrictions (normally only 2 people were allowed on their "authorized visitors list" for a patient and then only one could be in the patients room at a time - so initially it was just my dad and me on the list, Thursday - after she'd got done with a 2nd surgery within 24 hours - they allowed us to have a total of 4 people on the list, so we were able to include my brother's name and my sister's name - and then Friday when we got the call that she had taken a turn for the worse (that 2nd surgery had just been too much for her body to handle), they allowed all 4 of us to be in the room with her when she passed). I want to say thank you to those that had offered messages of support

Tying it back into COVID and just how frustrated I am with the disease and how this country's leadership has handled it so poorly (resulting in us still having gathering restrictions), planning this funeral has been aggravating because I know, without a doubt, had my mom passed away pre-COVID, that church chapel would be packed with family and friends. Unfortunately, we have to limit who attends the service in person to 150 or less (actually, it was going to be required to be 99 or less, but we got a small break when church authorities released some new guidelines just the other day that did up the number that could attend church - which we verified would/could apply to our funeral services). I mean, thankfully the funeral home does provide streaming service so that those that can't attend in person (or are uncomfortable attending gatherings due to COVID) are still able to view and "participate" if you will, but still.... outside of close family we're having to kind of "pick and choose" who do we invite to attend the actual service (if they feel comfortable attending).

**sigh** It's been a roller coaster, It's been a roller coaster for 6+ months, but 2020 just seems to not want to let up and I really wish it would, just for a little bit.

00b42cc8dadf59ac0ec21f842ca7a572aa74e146.gif

My sincere condolences on your loss @Silvermoon, speaking as someone that has lost both their parents within a few years of each other, albeit a lot of years ago. I can tell you that the passing of time does help the pain of the loss.
Of course this blooming pandemic is not helping... But with the support of your family and friends, I am sure you will get through it. :hrt:

Well said @KRYPTON INC.

Weirdly, I actually came here to post that my partner, who works in a care home has had her latest Covid-19 test come back positive.
So, that's it for the next ten days for her and fourteen days for me as those are the self-isolation rules as per the UK government right now.

The thing is, neither of us feel unwell at the moment. Although we both had bad headaches last night, however this is more likely the stress of the test result and worrying about whether we will get badly ill from this... And today we both have feelings of tightness in our chest. But again, this could be a stress reaction.

It is not the best of times right now... But, I have hope that we will get through this and be okay. :nrv:

That sucks the high hard one retro.

Post when you can to let us know what's up, that you and your SO are ok etc.

And for those wondering, that Biden video has been altered. It's a "joke" being passed off as real.

Well said @KRYPTON INC.

Sorry to hear Retro. Best of luck to you and your partner and I hope you both have a very mild version of it.

Well said @KRYPTON INC.

Really hoping things work out. Please keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"