costume advise

arivin923

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey everyone
so im making an ultimate ww2 captain america costume. so i have the basic parts and im going to start putting it together as soon as i get the red and white fabrics for the stripes and the star. but right now im working on the shield. i recently contacted a place that makes?stuff from sheet metal. they said that they could make a shield for me. my question is should i have them curve the sheet metal? i cant tell if its supposed to be curved. and curving it is the expensive part. what do you guys think i should do?

Well to tell the truth, I wouldn't use sheet metal at all. You can make one yourself out of a plastic saucer sled. They are the right size for what you want to do, and all you will need to buy is paint and tape ( for masking off the area you don't need to paint. ) Besides this way it will be much lighter, and not as leathal.

Well to tell the truth, I wouldn't use sheet metal at all. You can make one yourself out of a plastic saucer sled. They are the right size for what you want to do, and all you will need to buy is paint and tape ( for masking off the area you don't need to paint. ) Besides this way it will be much lighter, and not as leathal.
RD has the right idea.

I went as the new Bucky Cap and used my Factory X sheild.

It's aluminum so it was easy on the arm and still felt authentic.

If your not into displaying props the same would be a waste.

the shield im making is the ULTIMATE WW2 CAP. his origional shield was a three prongs coming to a rounded point. ill post some pics as soon as i get home. and now that you bring it up, the sharpness might be an issue....

What if i folded in the sides? then the edges wouldn't be so sharp...

ok so how big do you guys think i should make it? i was thinking around 15 inches at the widest point, and 2 feet at the tallest point

dstww2ultcapbusttitle.jpg

dstww2ultcapbust10.jpg

this is the one i'm making

so i was thinking 22 inches long, 18 across, 1/16th wide. anyone have any input?

i would say go the length of your forearm for the width plus one to two inches on both sides, then the length of the bottom of your chin to the bottom of your abdomen plus an inch on both sides for the height

ok so i just remeasured so im thinking more around 20 x 26
?

that could do it. what are you doing for the mask?

are you gonna put the goggle parts in it or just make some holes for the eyes

If you want experienced help with you Captain America costume, you should go to the League of Heroes message board. Just google it and check it out, all you have to do is make a thread about what you want and people will help you out totally! There's a guy on the board that specializes in making Captain America shields just like that one. They have lots of helpful tutorials too.

im sewing in the goggle part
and thanks spiderfan im going to check that out for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"