• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Costume question and problem

SolidSnake

Civilian
Reaction score
When Spidey wears his costume under street clothes it is just a little below his neck. But, when he wear his costume without the mask, it comes up halfway to his neck. I know its not a big deal, but it really bothers me you know. Does he just roll it down so he can wear it under street clothes or what? Actually, now that I think about it, it is a big deal.

I'll get some pics tomorrow since its late and I need some sleep.

Discuss.

:woot:

When Spidey wears his costume under street clothes it is just a little below his neck. But, when he wear his costume without the mask, it comes up halfway to his neck. I know its not a big deal, but it really bothers me you know. Does he just roll it down so he can wear it under street clothes or what? Actually, now that I think about it, it is a big deal.

Discuss.

well if u notice when he wears the black costume under his clothes the symbol is smaller and visible...but when its off the symbol would be impossible to see cuz its lower and bigger...
not a big deal

He probably rolls the neckline down, it all the shots that has him in street clothes where the black suit was visible, you can see the neck area folded in, tucked or however you want to consider it. Then when he has the mask on, its obviously rolled up.

Me and my gf noticed it alot in SM3.

When Peter puts on the black suit, does he have to put on the mask as well or does the symbiote always just form the mask for him?

When Peter puts on the black suit, does he have to put on the mask as well or does the symbiote always just form the mask for him?

I dunno. The symbiote in the movie never really made sense to me. He was wearing his suit when it took him over, but he keeps it stored in a trunk under his normal suit!? I don't get that. And if it were the symbiote from the comics, he could just change to his black suit from whatever clothes they morphed into. But instead he wears it under his clothes?? I dunno. Sillyness.

Discuss.

How about a hobby? You have way too much time on your hands. It's a small but known continuity error, which isn't an error at all. They made that choice. It's been the same since Spider-Man 1. The suit, when he's spider-Man has a high neck line, when he's Pete, it has to be concealed by his collar. The costume makers and Raimi just figured that most normal people can overlook the continuity flaw.

I dunno. The symbiote in the movie never really made sense to me. He was wearing his suit when it took him over, but he keeps it stored in a trunk under his normal suit!? I don't get that. And if it were the symbiote from the comics, he could just change to his black suit from whatever clothes they morphed into. But instead he wears it under his clothes?? I dunno. Sillyness.

It's not silliness, it's not the comic symbiote, it's a movie. Changes were made.

Peter probably has more than one suit, after the damage his suit's took in ecah film I'd surmise this to be the case (though we only saw one hanging up in his closet in Spider-Man 2, who is to say that another suit wasn't in his trunk already or he made a spare between movies?)

It seems as though the movie symbiote takes over the suit and does not form over his face into his mask, perhaps some of the alien changed his mask off-camera during the possession scene, I say this simply because it makes sense, logically, that if the suit didn't act like the comics/cartoon alien and free-flow over him then the mask probably didn't either.

And, again, obviously, we saw that the movie suit does not morph into other clothes like in the cartoon or comics.

I don't think it's silliness. It's realism. If a bunch of adults that weren't knowledgable about the comics saw some guy walking on screen, only to see his clothes magically morph into a black costume that might be odd don't you think? Sure a suit coming out of a meteor is no better but still...this is a movie, not a cartoon.

I don't think it's silliness. It's realism. If a bunch of adults that weren't knowledgable about the comics saw some guy walking on screen, only to see his clothes magically morph into a black costume that might be odd don't you think? Sure a suit coming out of a meteor is no better but still...this is a movie, not a cartoon.

Realism??? We are dealing with black goo that comes from space hitching a ride on a meteorite. Once Raimi goes there, pretty much anything can be done with it. So yea, it's not too much of a stretch to think it can morph into clothing.

Realism??? We are dealing with black goo that comes from space hitching a ride on a meteorite. Once Raimi goes there, pretty much anything can be done with it. So yea, it's not too much of a stretch to think it can morph into clothing.
Looks like someone didn't read the whole post. I didn't need you to remind me of how the black suit came about:

Sure a suit coming out of a meteor is no better but still...this is a movie, not a cartoon.

I was just trying to say that it's possible that not many people would understand how a black goo, which already turns into a black suit, could also turn into an Express collared shirt, shoes and dress slacks.

Well, Pete did get stabbed in the pants, then the knife got pushed out.

Looks like someone didn't read the whole post. I didn't need you to remind me of how the black suit came about:

Sure a suit coming out of a meteor is no better but still...this is a movie, not a cartoon.

I was just trying to say that it's possible that not many people would understand how a black goo, which already turns into a black suit, could also turn into an Express collared shirt, shoes and dress slacks.

I understand what you're saying but why draw the line at the symbiote having the ability to morph into clothes. If the audience can be accepting of black goo from outer space attaching itself to Peter's bike and later changing his suit black, forming a mask and altering the emblem slightly then I don't think it's that crazy to have the audience accept that it can also morph into clothing. There are no rules or logic that can be applied to this black goo so who is really gonna dispute the fact that the goo can morph into clothing. Raimi went 2/3 of the way with the symbiote, he should have just taken it all the way.

I understand what you're saying but why draw the line at the symbiote having the ability to morph into clothes. If the audience can be accepting of black goo from outer space attaching itself to Peter's bike and later changing his suit black, forming a mask and altering the emblem slightly then I don't think it's that crazy to have the audience accept that it can also morph into clothing. There are no rules or logic that can be applied to this black goo so who is really gonna dispute the fact that the goo can morph into clothing. Raimi went 2/3 of the way with the symbiote, he should have just taken it all the way.
Well if Raimi had taken it all the way, then I still think it should only be able to morph into one outfit only if at all. I mean....it's alien right? It basically changed Pete's costume because it went over it (with the exception of the mask), but since it's alien are we also lead to believe that it can keep up with the latest trends? Come on now. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"