If they have to, Smallville should use this (the costume)

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
As we have found out in the upcoming season 9, Clark will wear a prototype costume, hopefully under the code name of "Phase 1". Now, because this is Smallville; if they have to come up with a really big, really complex, reason like they have been for every small piece of element of the Superman mythos, in order to explain why would Clark would wear that costume because they themselves can't wrap their heads around it, which in turn have made Clark do the same, then they should look at this.

Other than comics or even movies, television, one of my favorite Superman stories is a novel called "It's Superman!", by Tom DeHaven, set in the 1930s. One of the things that made that book so good was how original it made the story and elements from the mythos seem. One good example is the costume and S-Shield. In the book, around 1937: Clark now lives in Hollywood as a stuntman. He dates a woman named Diana (No, not the Wonder Woman Diana, just a Diana) who is a costume designer. When the sci-fi film "The Saucer Men from Saturn" is canned, she only has made one costume. Thanks to her, not only does Clark like her glasses which he plays around with, but takes a liking to this outfit. That outfit? You guessed it: a blue leotard, red trunks, red cape, with an "S" (standing for Saturn) on the chest.

The show should use an idea similar to this, but not so similar to the episode "Action" where Clark gets the cape. Instead, since this is a leotard outfit, have Clark investigate something regarding a local theatre, and inside a costume line that is either going to be destroyed, or they are simply slap together, he finds this blue leotard outfit (sans cape and "S"). Because this is Smallville, he will cringe and walk away, but later on in the episode, he goes back, because he become intrigued by the costume, and takes it. That way, this costume either becomes the costume he wears at the show's end, or forms the basis for a Smallville Superman costume that will become the main costume.

Thoughts?

Well thats an interesting idea you have their. I could see elements like that happening. Though right now at most the prototype suit we have in season 9 i could see being converted from black to a red/blue motif and then the classic suit is likely not going to be seen to when ever the last episode is. Though it probably wont be skin tight tights/spandex.

I had heard they might give him a costume this year that's awesome. It's been along time since I watched when did he get a cape? One of his JLA buds could be like you need some kind of suit farmboy.

Saw this on a tumblr I follow.

qBsnRNjLIr1jgbmevdcnudHjo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Very much like a certain design called ULTIMATE SUPERMAN.
I like it. Also, I always thought the idea that Supes costume actually being a garb worn by Kryptonian elite troops (think Vatican bodyguards) was cool

what if the suit was designed from Jor-El's robes he'd wear in the science council.

Very much like a certain design called ULTIMATE SUPERMAN.
I like it. Also, I always thought the idea that Supes costume actually being a garb worn by Kryptonian elite troops (think Vatican bodyguards) was cool
How so? I don't really see much there that's specifically like the Ultimate Superman design. If you can elaborate, please do.

My opinion is that this design is pretty fug.

Maybe the ****1ng costume has some kind of holographic new face projector
that shall explain why they won't be able to recognize Clark ..duh!
and how is he gonna hide this getup under his mild mannered garment?

I had heard they might give him a costume this year that's awesome. It's been along time since I watched when did he get a cape? One of his JLA buds could be like you need some kind of suit farmboy.

He's getting a psuedo costume or prototype costume:

It's black with a silver logo on the chest. No cape, he's going to wear a long dark coat.

It fits in with the show, no other superheroes wear capes, so supposedly it's part of a progression he will make into getting into a more traditional costume.

And I am not sure I really like this thing... it's a great manip, as they go it's very well done, but I don't like the mantle and the gloves and how low the :super: is on the chest:

qBsnRNjLIr1jgbmevdcnudHjo1_1280.jpg

Like this one from the Comic Con thread better:

COMPLETE-PossablePrototypeS9Costume.jpg

And it does look more like what the preview from Comic Con looked like:

38993112.jpg

As we have found out in the upcoming season 9, Clark will wear a prototype costume, hopefully under the code name of "Phase 1". Now, because this is Smallville; if they have to come up with a really big, really complex, reason like they have been for every small piece of element of the Superman mythos, in order to explain why would Clark would wear that costume because they themselves can't wrap their heads around it, which in turn have made Clark do the same, then they should look at this.

Other than comics or even movies, television, one of my favorite Superman stories is a novel called "It's Superman!", by Tom DeHaven, set in the 1930s. One of the things that made that book so good was how original it made the story and elements from the mythos seem. One good example is the costume and S-Shield. In the book, around 1937: Clark now lives in Hollywood as a stuntman. He dates a woman named Diana (No, not the Wonder Woman Diana, just a Diana) who is a costume designer. When the sci-fi film "The Saucer Men from Saturn" is canned, she only has made one costume. Thanks to her, not only does Clark like her glasses which he plays around with, but takes a liking to this outfit. That outfit? You guessed it: a blue leotard, red trunks, red cape, with an "S" (standing for Saturn) on the chest.

The show should use an idea similar to this, but not so similar to the episode "Action" where Clark gets the cape. Instead, since this is a leotard outfit, have Clark investigate something regarding a local theatre, and inside a costume line that is either going to be destroyed, or they are simply slap together, he finds this blue leotard outfit (sans cape and "S"). Because this is Smallville, he will cringe and walk away, but later on in the episode, he goes back, because he become intrigued by the costume, and takes it. That way, this costume either becomes the costume he wears at the show's end, or forms the basis for a Smallville Superman costume that will become the main costume.

Thoughts?

I loved that book, but I'm not sure this idea will work in Smallville.

Smallville's Clark's not as whimsical in his tastes as Clark was in Tom De Haven's book.

They had some of the same traits, neither Clark really thinks things through completely before acting for example, but Tom De Haven's version of Clark was far more impetuous and more outwardly sentimental... (SV's Clark has shown signs of sentimentality, but isn't as obvious about it.)

In the book, Clark adored the costume from the first time he laid eyes on it. I'm not sure if SV's Clark would love a costume like that on sight the same way. It also had some sentimental importance to him since she made it and then gave it to him when the film was shut down, he was very fond of Diana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"