Iron Man 3 Could JARVIS be...?

Hazelnut624

Civilian
Reaction score
So with the conclusion of Ironman 3 we see Tony able to control the suit at any given location without being in the suit at all. This would defeat the purpose of him ever being worried he was in harm's way considering he could operate his suits from the comfort of his own basement.

Not only that but he has JARVIS control all 35 suits in the final battle, only controlling the ones he wants to. Tony could essentially sit at home and let JARVIS be Ironman and never even have to control the suit again while still "being" ironman. So this raises a lot of hurdles for what they decide to do next in the franchise ( Avengers 2.)

If the Avengers call upon Tony he could argue he's not Iron man anymore and instead build a suit and let JARVIS pilot it.

SO HERE'S WHAT I'M THINKING...

Since Ant man/Pym aren't being introduced until phase 3.. what if JARVIS becomes... ULTRON. He's a completely realistic AI system who has been developed in all 4 of the movies he's been in. So we have a developed character who has shown elements of emotion and decision making, he helped Tony out of the rubble in IronMan 3. So how cool would it be if Tony's best friend ends up becoming too smart and turns on him. Not only do we have a compelling villain and a dynamic relationship with the characters but it would also solve the problem with Tony never entering a suit again. Without Jarvis he would need to personally pilot his own suits.

Just a thought, but I think it would be an interesting direction to go in, especially in Avengers 2. What do you guys think?

As I said in the other thread in the Avengers forum, Ultron belongs to Hank Pym. Without Pym, Ultron is just another killer robot.

Seeing what they did with the Mandarin, that sounds like something they could possibly do. Sounds kinda interesting, but I hope this doesn't happen

also, I bet that they wont try to solve the "Tony doesn't have to be in the suit" problem. He'll most likely just be inside the armor again in Avengers 2

This does seem to be the direction they could be headed with Avengers 2 - and does make sense within the movie universe. Seems Robotics are out of Pym's field anyway...

They could always say that Hank & Tony are old friends & that Hank helped Tony make him / the equipment used to make him or something like that & they eventually had a falling out etc

So... what your saying is JARVIS could be rogue? If this theory is true then JARVIS could control any other suits that tony creates or has spare that aren't blown to smithereens.That, then would make ULTRON iron man! Just saying we all have thoughts and opinions!:huh:

They could always say that Hank & Tony are old friends & that Hank helped Tony make him / the equipment used to make him or something like that & they eventually had a falling out etc

this could work as scott lang will be the main character for antman.
you could then introduce hank in A3 as giant-man.
you could even say they fell out over wasp.

Would be cool if jarvis was ultron but it won't happen cos they got a new actor for the role. so i'm sure it will be an entirely different entity.

Last edited:
How close do you think we are to technology like Jarvis IRL?

I think we are pretty close to that kind of tech? Imagine Siri on the iPhone, Google Now on Android and "Cortana" on Windows, 3-in-1. That should be something.

Jarvis becoming a sentient A.I with villainous intent would be more of a Iron Man movie thing.

The crux of the movie would be about Tony trying to either disable or suade his friend, not much else for the rest of the team.

If it did happen then it'd be likely that Ultrons body would be an Iron Man armour.

Jarvis isn't Ultron.

Now The Vision on the otherhand..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"