Could Suicide Squad lead in any way to a Legion of Doom?

Reaction score
So I was listening to a podcast where they speculated a possible plot to be that Lex Luthor gets Waller to send the Suicide Squad to break the Joker out. This has got me thinking on how we could be seeing more villains later and how Lex could be amassing a Legion against the burgeoning Justice League.

Thoughts on this?

If BvS ends with Batman and Superman deciding to from the JL, it could be cool if SS mirrors that and ends with Joker and Lex deciding to form the LOD.

I'd prefer to see them in a JL sequel after most of the individual villains have been introduced in their solo films (maybe with Lex and/or Joker recruiting them, Nick Fury-style, in after-credits sequences).

Last edited:
:hmm not a bad idea. But I doubt Lex would want the Joker in his team.

Definitely something a lot of people have speculated on. I think it will.

:hmm not a bad idea. But I doubt Lex would want the Joker in his team.

Well in this world, Joker has to contend with other villains that Luthor employs and would want to keep him in line, especially those with Superpowers. As well as that, if all their goals align then I'm sure Joker as well as other villains from different DCCU movies could cause this:

The-Squad.jpg

to become this:

WB_20110918_justice2_detail.jpg

abjust_dustjacket.jpg

Definitely something a lot of people have speculated on. I think it will.

Really?

I'm really liking this idea if it does happen. I've always thought on how they could ever work in a Justice League vs. Legion of Doom movie and it seemed impossible at first as you have to develop all these big villain characters but if this becomes a thing that springs from Suicide Squad, especially if Luthor's in charge then we could have some integration and a cohesive overarching plot here.

Although I do think it would be cool if LOD was set up by the end of SS, I would prefer it if the SS didn't become the LOD, but rather Joker and Lex decide to form their own thing.

Keep the C-listers on the SS. LOD should be the more iconic nemeses of the heroes (Lex, Joker, Cheetah, Grodd, Black Manta, etc).

Last edited:
Although I do think it would be cool if LOD was set up by the end of SS, I would prefer it if the SS didn't become the LOD, but rather Joker and Lex decide to form their own thing.

Keep the C-listers on the SS. LOD should be the more iconic nemeses of the heroes (Lex, Joker, Cheetah, Grodd, Black Manta, etc).

Well to be fair the underlying C-List character is balanced out by an A-List actor like Will Smith and Tom Hardy, so I doubt they'll go unnoticed should the Suicide Squad ever evolve into a Legion of Doom.

Well to be fair the underlying C-List character is balanced out by an A-List actor like Will Smith and Tom Hardy, so I doubt they'll go unnoticed should the Suicide Squad ever evolve into a Legion of Doom.

I don't fear they'll be unnoticed by audiences, I just prefer the LOD to be made up of villains that the heroes themselves consider to be big deals, and I'm hoping that the Suicide Squad movie will point out and embrace the fact that the members are definitely not big deals. (Movie trailer voice: "To bring down the world's greatest supervillain, it's going to take...the supervillains nobody cares about". That kinda thing ;)).

Though if the LOD is going to have huge ranks, not just seven or so members, then sure, I wouldn't mind Boomerang, Deadshot, etc being included.

Last edited:
I don't fear they'll be unnoticed by audiences, I just prefer the LOD to be made up of villains that the heroes themselves consider to be big deals, and I'm hoping that the Suicide Squad movie will point out and embrace the fact that the members are definitely not big deals. (Movie trailer voice: "To bring down the world's greatest supervillain, it's going to take...the supervillains nobody cares about". That kinda thing ;)).

Though if the LOD is going to have huge ranks, not just seven or so members, then sure, I wouldn't mind Boomerang, Deadshot, etc being included.

Well the way I saw it was that new big deal members continuously get added to the team of villains and it evolves into the Legion. And yes you can have ranks which do include the Suicide Squad if they ever want to do another movie with the old gang.

I think Suicide Squad could plant the idea of the bad guys team up, but the actual push would have to be the formation of the Justice League. I don't see the villains really having any other common goal other than taking out the League as motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"