Couple of random funny Jackman Stories.

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Too tired to go through all the cutting and pasting so I'm posting the links straight from the search engine. LOL. The first one isn't funny but it's cool he's going to S.Korea which is quite a big market. The last one I'd love to get the whole story on and it reminds me of the Halle Berry quote that she wears her costume to bed too. Makes me wonder if a fan if had the chance would really want to buy those outfits. LOL

'X-Men' Star Hugh Jackman to Visit Seoul
[SIZE=-1]Korea Times, South Korea - Jun 4, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hollywood star Hugh Jackman will visit Seoul on June 13, ahead of the official release of his new film “XMen: The Last Stand” here on June 15. ... [/SIZE]

Hugh Jackman to Star in 'Guys & Dolls' Movie Remake?
[SIZE=-1]Broadway World, NY - May 29, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hugh Jackman is certainly keeping himself busy. His latest movie, 'X-Men 3: The Last Stand' premiered yesterday opening at $45 million ... [/SIZE]

Hugh Jackman: a hairless wolverine?
[SIZE=-1]Inside Entertainment, Canada - May 30, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](KP International) – Like women who sometimes make painful sacrifices in order to fit into the perfect dress, hunky Hugh Jackman had to go through a similar ... [/SIZE]
Hugh Jackman Seriously Worked Out To Embody Wolverine
[SIZE=-1]Starpulse.com, CT - May 30, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hugh Jackman credits Godsmack and Metallica for helping him to get into character for X-Men hero Wolverine. The Aussie actor admits ... [/SIZE]
Making a ‘Stand’: Hugh Jackman sharpens up his stunt skills ...
[SIZE=-1]Boston Herald, United States - May 23, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]“X-Men: The Last Stand,” (opening tomorrow) is the final chapter of a trilogy, but Hugh Jackman isn’t ready to let the role of Wolverine go. ... [/SIZE]

Hugh Jackman: Se-X Men
[SIZE=-1]Life Style Extra, UK - May 23, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Hugh Jackman's wife likes him to wear his 'X-Men' costume in the bedroom. The actor - who plays metal-framed ... [/SIZE]

The workout one is funny too BTW.

I still want to know where that "Guys & Dolls" rumor started...

Advanced Dark said:
Too tired to go through all the cutting and pasting so I'm posting the links straight from the search engine. LOL. The first one isn't funny but it's cool he's going to S.Korea which is quite a big market. The last one I'd love to get the whole story on and it reminds me of the Halle Berry quote that she wears her costume to bed too. Makes me wonder if a fan if had the chance would really want to buy those outfits. LOL

The workout one is funny too BTW.
Hugh likes to joke a lot in interviews and then whatever he says gets picked up in the media as a fact! I'm sure he was joking again. He's also going to Taiwan besides Seoul. I wouldn't be surprised if he also went to Japan when it opens there in September, even though it's in the middle of his arena tour.

danoyse said:
I still want to know where that "Guys & Dolls" rumor started...
I'd like to know that one too! I usually don't believe ContactMusic BUT Hugh does have a three-picture movie musical deal with Disney and Disney does own the rights to Guys & Dolls and I know they are making a remake on it so this very possibly could be true.

In Variety today:

Jackman gets Fox into Aussie pic biz
Thesp plants production Seed in Oz

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Hugh Jackman and his Seed Prods. partner John Palermo are expanding their relationship with 20th Century Fox by forming a division that will make modestly budgeted films in Australia with local talent.Seed will take office space on the Fox Australia lot in Sydney.

Jackman said the plan is to produce two to three films per year, some of which he will star in.

Since Seed Prods. took root at Fox in June 2005, Jackman and Palermo have set up several star vehicles for Jackman. They are producing the David Benioff-scripted "X-Men" spinoff "Wolverine."

"The mission statement here is to build bridges between Australia and America," Jackman told Daily Variety. "I've been a lucky recipient of that bridge.

"The intent is to fill a gap and make films with budgets of around $10 million. .The arrangement is creatively exciting and low-risk for Fox, which already has a big investment in Australia."

Jackman said the inspiration was a conversation with Disney's Dick Cook, who described how Buena Vista Intl. has tapped talent in England and turned a profit with films like "Calendar Girls."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"