Interview with Hugh Jackman

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.iesb.net/fox2006/051206.php

Date: May 12, 2006

Source: IESB
Author: Stephanie Sanchez

Interview: Hugh Jackman: On The Future of Wolverine and Did He Really Appear in Superman?

There are two movies that I have been waiting for and it seems like it has taken forever for them to get here, X-Men: The Last Stand and Superman Returns. Well, the X-Men have returned at last. This band of merry mutants spent the weekend promoting the latest installment of this franchise.

Hugh Jackman returns once again to reprise the role of Wolverine. While originally thought to be too tall and thin to portray this classic character, Jackman has really made Wolverine his own and brought him to life in such a tough but believable way.

Ok, I love Hugh Jackman, I have met him a few times and he seems like a genuinely great guy. At the set visit of X-Men, it was funny because during the panel discussion with some of the other cast they were asked if they ever looked at the books anymore for character reference. Due to time contraints only Ratner replied and Jackman didn't have a chance but later that day while we were watching them film a scene Hugh came up to our group of journalists and said, [paraphrasing] you know that question, I really wanted to answer it and yes I do still look at the books. In this movie I have actually changed a little how Wolverine fights, especially his stance. I am much lower to the ground when fighting more of an attack stance.

This really impressed me. The fact that he was just waiting to come to us to give us his reply showed how genuine he was. Ususally it seems that actors eyes sort of glaze over when it comes to press because it can get repetitive and they have rehearsed answers. But Jackman was so genuine, hard to find that in Hollywood.

When we sat down with Hugh in New York today, there were a few questions we really wanted answered, how is the Wolverine spin off shaping off and also is there any truth to the rumor that he has a cameo in Superman Returns.

Here's how it went down,

He told us that The Fountain was not going to have an immediate wide release. The filmmakers would prefer to do the film festival circuit first. Hugh could not tell us what film festival but he confirmed that they have already chosen one.

So far as the Wolverine prequel, Jackman reconfirmed Tom Rothman's admission that it is for sure a prequel. We asked what villain we could anticipate but all he did was grin. Were they going to be recognizalble X-Men villains? He said he could not officially comment on that with a big grin on him face. Must be someone good!

We can officially dispel the rumor that he filmed a cameo in Bryan Singer's Superman Returns. He says, no absolutely not, he heard about it [the rumor] but it's absolutely fake. He was on the set visiting with Bryan but no nothing was done. So straight from the proverbial horse's mouth, no he is not in it.

He was recently working on the set of Prestige with Christian Bale. Their characters find themselves in a sticky situation where if they were their superhero counterparts they would have both easily jumped into action, but instead as mere humans, they acted very cowardly.

Check back on Monday for an exclusive video interview with Hugh Jackman.

Stay tuned to the IESB for further updates!

Ok, so Hugh isn't in SR, now? I guess that makes sense that it was just a rumor..

-TNC

I can't wait for The Wolverin Spin Off movie to hit the screens, this will be fun.

TNC9852002 said:
Ok, so Hugh isn't in SR, now? I guess that makes sense that it was just a rumor..

-TNC

Bryan Singer confirmed that in the new issue of Wizard too. He just had lunch with him and Brandon Routh when he visited the set.

Here's another one:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4233

Hugh Jackman on the Wolverine Prequel

Source: Edward Douglas

Hugh Jackman has been working very hard in the last year or two, and the fruit of those labors will see the light in the next few months as he appears in three or four new movies. The first of these, of course, will be the third (and presumably final) chapter in the story of the Marvel mutants, X-Men: The Last Stand.

With the movie two weeks away from release, Jackman is already hard at work helping to develop the Wolverine prequel, currently being written by David Benioff (Troy). While doing an interview to talk about X-Men: The Last Stand, Jackman told SuperHeroHype! that he had been reading a lot of Logan's back story in the comics in preparation for the prequel, as well as updating on its progress.

"We have two drafts and David is going to do another draft, and then we'll find our director," he said. "I'm not going to make a decision until I have the script right, but I'll definitely look at Brett [Ratner]. I don't want Wolverine to appear to be ‘X-Men 4' in disguise; I don't want to make it stylistically the same. I want to do something different. That's my idea. Until we have the script, I don't really know who's right, but there's been a lot of interest from a lot of really amazing directors, so I'm really excited."

In the meantime, you can see Wolverine fight a fierce battle in the upcoming X-Men: The Last Stand, opening on May 26, and look for a full interview with Mr. Jackman sometime before then.

oooo im very impressed that hugh is still reading the comics....more of the actors should try it out for like fighting styles/stances and stuff.........but then again none of the other actors ever fight!

until now!!!!!

BBraddockLover said:
oooo im very impressed that hugh is still reading the comics....more of the actors should try it out for like fighting styles/stances and stuff.........but then again none of the other actors ever fight!

until now!!!!!
To quote Hugh in his Inside the Actors Studio interview: "an actor prepares." When he was filming The Fountain and his character's wife is dying of a brain tumor, he actually went and watched brain surgery performed. That's dedication and preparation I'd say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"