Create your own Comic Book on your Computer w/Marvel's characters! (NEW)

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Marvel provides new content for Comic Book Creator software
Posted by M (17 Jul 2006, 10:29 a.m. NZST)

Planetwide Games has entered into a multi-year licensing deal with Marvel Entertainment to create new content for Planetwide Games' original Comic Book Creator interactive entertainment software. Under the terms of the agreement Planetwide Games has the right to create and publish versions of the interactive software and content booster packs for Comic Book Creator based on classic Marvel characters such as the X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, The Punisher, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, and Dr. Octopus to name a few.

"Marvel heroes are some of the most recogniseable and beloved characters in the history of entertainment," says Kevin Donovan, president of Planetwide Games. "By marrying Marvel's pantheon of heroes with our original Comic Book Creator self-publishing software we are making it possible for legions of fans to tap their own creativity in creating professional-quality digital and home made comic books with authentic Marvel Comics art for their personal enjoyment."

Paul Gitter, Senior vice president consumer products, Marvel Entertainment, added, "We see Comic Book Creator interactive entertainment software as an exciting and original way to extend the Marvel brand experience for the consumer. Many of these heroes are very near and dear to our fans. They feel a personal connection to them, and Comic Book Creator allows users to explore team-ups, battles and storylines that until now only existed in their imaginations."

Comic Book Creator allows consumers to utilise their own video game screenshots, DVD movies, digital photos or art assets to create authentic-looking comic books and comic strips. The company also has plans to introduce ComicBookSociety.net, an online social community site that will encourage users from all over the world to collaborate on and share their comic creations and compete in head-to-head competitions and participate in online digital comic book events.

The company will also offer Marvel Comics content Booster Packs for Comic Book Creator and will feature special categories of characters from the Marvel Heroes Universe.

Great idea. Like a City of Heroes comic book.

It's hard to determine what this will actually mean...are we talking about clip-art?

I remember Marvel had a "make your own comic" program back in the Windows 95 days...they had about 30 images of each character, and you would put them on backgrounds...it was pretty limiting.

Maybe with the new software they can make it better....I'd love to see it!

Fanfic writers getting good scripts out there, with art...it could be really fun.

<H1 style="FONT-SIZE: 15pt">Make your own Comics, Photo Albums, Scrapbooks and more…
All with one easy to use Software at the incredibly low price of $29.99

cbc_screenshot.gif

Requires: Windows 2000, or Windows XP and an Internet Connection to activate
Includes: PDF Creation Software
Our team works with professional comic book authors and artists to produce the best product. You can get started right away with the instant download.
  • Take screenshots of your favorite video games.
  • Drag & Drop text into easy-to-use comic book templates.
  • Easily add text, effects, and balloons to your story.
  • Save your comic as a .PDF and share it online with your friends.
  • Print and bring your adventures to life.
Comic Book Creator 1.08 has arrived! This latest version of our highly rated self-publishing software will enable you to create your own scrap books or comic books using pictures from your digital camera, scanner, screen grabber, video games or one of our free clipart packages.
Included with Comic Book Creator is a full licensed copy of PDF Writer, allowing you to create PDF's from any program as easily as printing, and an evaluation copy of FRAPS for making screen grabs from your favorite videos or computer games.
Customer Reviews

cbc_boximage.jpg
"Every once in a while you stumble upon something by accident and are pleasantly surprised. Such was my luck when I stumbled upon Comic Book Creator."
"I was searching the Net for some free comic book fonts for a layout I was designing when I came across this rather unique software that enables you to create comic books. You simply insert your screen captures or digital photos, drop in some text balloons, and presto, instant comic book."
"Comic Book Creator is simple to install and very intuitive. Everything is drag and drop. You can pull in your photos and backgrounds and anything else you please by using their built-in Resource Browser. The package comes with everything you need to create a comic book including a variety of comic book page layouts, text balloons and even title fonts to make big, splashy covers."
"Using the Tools control panel, you can quickly change fonts and balloon settings. Resize balloons or photos with ease by clicking on them and pull them into the size you desire. You can even use the Zoom control to zoom into a frame to add tension or energy to your comic book."
"When you are done with your comic book or page, you can save it and publish it in a variety of formats including PDF and BMP formats. This software is an unexpected treat, and I expect to have endless hours of fun with it, especially with pictures of my family."
</H1>
Sounds cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"