Create your own movie

JabarR

Sidekick
Reaction score
For those who dream of making their own film, come post your ideas here. If you have trouble with storylines, castiing or what have you, have others help you out. Here's one of my ideas:

StarChild

Sarnita is a young woman from another universe, whom as a newborn baby was sent away from old universe because of the ongoing war with her parents' universe and the evil tyrant, Atoulum, who plans to take it over. Before leaving, Sarnita was born with special powers that will make indestructable, gives her incredible strength, gives out energy blasts, super speed and many other things. She grows up on Earth, she has a boyfriend named Eddie, who treats her like a queen, but is afraid to tell him that she was born an alien, until Atoulum comes to take over their universe, but Sarnita won't allow it and will fight him to death to save the universe and the man she loves.

KINETIC

A so-called "red amendment" in the Homeland Security Act gave the DHS authority to "explore and utilize any and all 'unconventional homeland security tactics' in order to fulfill the goals of the Department." As a result, DHS reopened the Army's remote viewing program and expanded it to include all psychokinetic abilities (telekinesis, telepathy, technopathy, pyrogenesis). The result was KCR: the Kinetic Combat and Reconnaissance Division.

Main Characters
Agents

• Derek Korian- increment 5 telekinetic. Habitual smoker, no-nonsense attitude. Able to telekinetically manipulate the molecular structure of certain objects, as well as multiple targets. Capable in hand-to-hand combat (specializes in close quarters Keysi Fighting Method) as well as multiple weapons.

• Dexter Harrington- increment 3 pyrokinetic. Sarcastic, prone to over-enthusiasm. Grew up with Derek Korian in KCR, and as such is his best friend. Able to destroy multiple targets, and produce successive concussive blasts.

• Sasha Han- increment 6 telepath/remote viewer. Operates as "logistics" alongside Korian and Harrington in the field. Able to read minds in several languages, as well as psychically "view" locations in great detail. Also a skilled assassin and hacker.

• Hauser- increment 3 technopath.

KCR Personnel

• Ethan Hammond- KCR Operations Director. Assigns missions, delegates operatives.

• Reginald Arthur "Reggie" Andersen- Secretary of Homeland Security.

Synopsis
Designated "ALR" (absolute last resort) by the Department of Homeland Security, the top-secret Kinetic Combat and Reconnaissance Division has never failed to finish a mission. When operatives Derek Korian, Dex Harrington and Sasha Han recover the "Ragnarok Program" from a black market terrorist, KCR is mysteriously shut down, and all field operatives are ordered to be terminated. Derek and Dex escape their fate, but Sasha's is unknown. Following her last telepathic message, KCR's two most seasoned operatives must search around the world for her, and prevent Ragnarok from falling into the wrong hands.

Nice! Who would you cast in the film?

Dk yet, it's still in the semi-writing stages so to speak. Right now I'm focusing on releasing my book on Kindle and Smashwords (see sig below)

As far as casting goes, I've always seen Jack Nicholson as Andersen. Danny Huston as Director Hammond would also be cool. As far as the main three, that I'm not so sure of..they'd have to be at least early to mid-20s..and I'm just not all that impressed with the younger actors nowadays

Very well. I have a good idea of who I should cast in "StarChild", but I don't want to saturate the possibility.

For those who dream of making their own film, come post your ideas here. If you have trouble with storylines, castiing or what have you, have others help you out. Here's one of my ideas:

StarChild

Sarnita is a young woman from another universe, whom as a newborn baby was sent away from old universe because of the ongoing war with her parents' universe and the evil tyrant, Atoulum, who plans to take it over. Before leaving, Sarnita was born with special powers that will make indestructable, gives her incredible strength, gives out energy blasts, super speed and many other things. She grows up on Earth, she has a boyfriend named Eddie, who treats her like a queen, but is afraid to tell him that she was born an alien, until Atoulum comes to take over their universe, but Sarnita won't allow it and will fight him to death to save the universe and the man she loves.

Although I do know who I'd like to cast, I'd like your opinion, please.

Anymore takers?

I guess if you have what you think is a good idea, you might not want to post it up for fear that someone will pinch the idea, and if it's not worth pinching, you might feel it's not worth posting.

Actually, that is not a bad idea for a movie, someone starts a thread like this on a movie forum, a budding screenplay writer posts up an idea while drunk, off the cuff, but it turns out to be his best idea yet. It turns out the guy who started the thread was on the lookout for ideas to steal, as he is working for a studio and has no ideas his bosses like.
So the guy who posted the idea tried to go through legal channels once he reads of his drunken idea going into production, but no go. So he sinks further into the drinking, depression etc, and then decides to wages a campaign to distrupt the movie's production. He becomes a unabomber/phantom of the opera type guy who puts bananas up the tailpipes of cars(i just thought of that one!), puts majuana in the sandwiches/lunches(i just thought of that amazing novel idea there too, just like the mj, I'm on a roll).
As for the initial idea that is ripped off from the thread? Em, let's see....nope, i got nothing, that's why I'm typing this one up, lol.
Just some crappy idea for a film, maybe you don't even get to see the idea in the movie, just give it a title like 'The man who invented no movies.' Just have everyone in the film call it the best idea for a film they have ever read etc, and show weird little clips on set while the guy is disrupting it's performance, keep the ripped off idea a mystery.
Yeah, that is the best way, cause if the audience think it's a crap idea, the movie won't work, they won't care so much about this 'one in a million' idea being such a big deal to rip off.

As for the end of the movie? I dunno, maybe have it that they change the screenplay mid-way to it being about a movie within a movie that is being disrupted by a unabomber/phantomoftheopera type guy, and so that gets the guy even more riled up, as they have not only ripped off his idea, but his phantom schtick too. So we have a movie that is within a movie that is within a movie.
As for the grand finale...the movie gets made, but at premiere night he sneaks in and plants stink bombs on all the seats, the movie begins, everyone smells the stink and files out, and the rip off guy says ' I just got the idea for how the sequel begins...', and the phantom of the opera guy hears this and does this...:doh:, and accidently sets off a stink bomb he has in his hand on his forehead, and he walks home all smelly. Now, that, is how you end a movie, no twists, no grand resolution, just random nonsense that makes everyone in the audience pissed off. Just a big :oldrazz: ' I can't think of a good ending'

btw, I am not implying that you are a studio head trying to get people drunk and steal their ideas, folk can tend to read a little too much into things on the net, so I didn't mean that, but I'm not surprised folk have not been forthcoming with their original ideas, which are hard to come by, and are mostly safeguarded.

Last edited:
I'm currently making a ten minute black comedy. I've written three drafts of the script, scouted locations, and am currently scheduled to start filming early April 2011.

Here is my blog for all those that are interested. Or if you just want to ask me questions here, I am fine with that also. :)

leefilmblog.blogspot.com/

I'd like to post a bit about what I'm working on but, like the old saying goes 'once the cat's outta the bag forget about it.'

Meaning: If I talk about it now I won't be talking about it later.

Haha, I suppose that's true. Depends how much you talk about it etc etc etc.

HAS BEEN.

A gruff hollywood producer (jack), who frequently visits a superhero movie site for ideas, comes up with the idea of creating his own real life superhero to film after reading numerous complaints by fanboys of lack of action in CB films.

The goal is to have a has been actor (steve) dress up as a superhero and perform real saves and stopping of real criminals ( with hollywood magic helping him along the way) The hat trick is its all being secretly recorded for a hollywood film to try and bring the actors career back from the brink.

Little do they know but aliens are watching in secret and give the washed-up has been actor real superpowers.

The film brings steve back to the limelight, and comedy and adventure follows as he tries to balance his resurgent hollywood career while trying to master his new found superpowers.

Steve takes a stab at crimefighting in secret and has some success.

After a while the aliens get bored watching steve and decide to take the superpowers back, but something goes wrong, and they send in a cleaner to remove them by force.

The cleaner arrives right in the middle of the actors next film. a huge fight follows with lots of damage and destruction.

(think tropic thunder, greatest american hero, and hancock.)

Steve..Adam Sandler.
Jack..kevin spacey.
and yes i'm kidding.

Last edited:
Haha, I suppose that's true. Depends how much you talk about it etc etc etc.

Because of how humans collective thinking works, it depends on who you tell too and what they think of it.

Say I'm 70% done on an idea and tell it to a group of 3-4 people. Well, I may have something totally different in mind for where I'm taking it and then those 3-4 will all think something else on where it's going and the complete creative process in regards to that work is thrown off track.

Of course. But I'm not scared because I've written a script and nearly at the shooting stage. ;) I"m not showing the script though, that's fo sho.

Dragonball live action with an older Goku and a clone of Freeza come back to challenge him in his old age.

Something like this but not on Namik:

Frieza.jpg

A few ideas I have that will one day be movies:

Wolvesbane
A young man must track down and kill the werewolf that attacked his girlfriend before she becomes a werewolf on the full moon.

Nautica
The kingdom of Atlantis declares war on the surface world after the BP oil spill. Prince Arion is suspicious and feels the warmonger General Triton caused the accident to cause war.

SuperJesus
Jesus returns but wanting to avoid what happened last time takes on the persona of a superhero. He becomes mild mannered librarian David King but when he utters the magic word "Hallelujah" he becomes SuperJesus.

One of my ideas for a movie I'd make would be a love letter to the dystopic sci-fi movies of the 1970s...

JLC21577

In the 31st century, the remnants of human society have sequestered themselves into domed utopic cities situated on the world's coastlines - so as to provide their power and food supplies - and regulated by a single global system of government. Society is divided into two distinct classes: the decadent upper-class genetically-fabricated "normals", and the mutant lower-class laborer descendants of the survivors of World War III. Robots exist to perform tasks that the mutants COULD do but would not be encouraged as such - like being butlers or police officers or even prostitutes (all mechs of a certain design class are equally equipped, so in a particular bit of irony, police robots can often be reprogrammed by the System and interchanged with sex robots, and vice versa, in times of redistribution), so the robots are really there to accommodate the upper-class; cars hover a few feet above the roadways even when stationary (a la landspeeders) but do not fly. And in order to control populations and the distribution of resources, all babies are genetically manufactured based upon a specified limit per intended family; and although human life-spans have been significantly prolonged due to the genetic fabrication, all citizens are required to submit to euthanization upon their 75th birthday. Gambling doesn't exist in the future because people have no reason to gamble - everything is provided for them; likewise, the aforementioned genetic perfection of the society means drug abuse doesn't exist either. Furthermore, resources are further conserved by even going so far as to require a certain portion of the populace to go into cryogenic stasis for a certain number of months. Reports of weight gaining of any measure are considered obesity, which is considered an offense by the System, and is punished by rapidly fattening up the offender and throwing them outside the dome to sustain themselves; such derelicts, if they survive, are usually driven out of their minds trying to survive outside the domes and are called "Piggies" and, like actual pigs, they are often treated as larder. And nobody cares.

The System appeases the frustrations and impulses of both classes in the only place where the two classes have any sort of equal footing: as the spectators for an ugly sport called Fireball, in which "deviants" in the genetic-engineering process are forced to fight for their lives on a molten court; in spite of the players' armored protective gear, gruesome deaths are not only common, but considered a highlight of the game and the audience goes nuts for it. But there aren't enough deviants in the System, so the System decides to start recruiting the mutant laborers. Needless to say, the laborers don't sit well with this, so naturally an uprising is in the works, and when laborers in Dome Sector Artemis discover the ruins of an old medical supply center and a locker with human parts still in frozen storage, they find a brain, probe it, and extract its stored engrams and convert them to data, which they subsequently program into a robot designated JLC21577. He has some memory gaps, to be sure, but there's enough of whoever he was still intact to recognize he's been out of commission for a good millennium and that society has become really friggin' sick in the interim. Along with his key contact among the laborers, a hideously-scarred young woman knowledgeable in medicine named Auriel, as well as an over-75 shyster called Old Fart who's managed to repeatedly BS his way out of legally-mandated expiration date, JLC21577 manages to flee Dome Sector Artemis, uncover further ruins of an ancient civilization - including the salvage of a durable old museum-model automobile, a '70s-era street machine called the Ronin, which becomes a handy escape vehicle - and head west in a bid to uncover more clues as to where the System came from and how to bring it down.

Along the way, the trio encounter a "pen" of Piggies who think Auriel and Old Fart look finger-lickin' good (and I don't mean that in the dirty way); as well as a vicious, murderous clan of feral children called The Scouts and led by a nasty, scarred wild-woman whom they call Denmother; as well as a threat to the city in the form of the Cult of Eteocles, a fanatical race of fish-people led by the piranhoid Cardinal Phobos, who attempt to wage a holy war on the Dome Sectors to avenge the countless marine life forms that society has consumed. And all the while, the threesome is pursued by a black-armored, cowboy-hat-wearing, pistol-packing assassin robot named Max, an agent of the System who drives a big, black, nasty-looking hover-rig called the Monolith (essentially, what the end result would be if the truck from "Duel" and the shark from "Jaws" were capable of mating with each other) which is also semi-sentient and responds to Max's commands, making it even more dangerous. It all leads to a final free-for-all between Piggies, Scouts, Eteoclesians, and a final showdown between JLC21577 and Max, all in the misty ruins of a long-lost civilization...a dicrepit place its long-gone inhabitants apparently called Seattle.

Basically, it's elements of "Logan's Run", "Soylent Green", "Planet Of The Apes", "Rollerball", "THX 1138", "Mad Max" and "Westworld" all mixed together and taken to extremes so surreal in some regards and so raw in others as to be a dark comedy, which would be my overall aim.

Last edited:
Camp Blood

It's a movie about a summer camp for young horror movie fans. Teenagers come out to do the typical summer camp type stuff. Each batch of fans stays for two weeks. The first week is spent doing the usual summer camp things (horseback riding, archery, swimming, canoeing, etc). They also have debates over which horror movie is best, which horror movie icon is better than which, etc. The second week, the campers get "hunted" by a "maniac". Kind of like a "Who Done It: Murder Mystery Weekend".

Near the end of the second week during the climax of the "massacre", the remaining campers and counselers discover that the fake "maniac" has been murdered, as have all of the campers who had disappeared. Apparently, a real maniac has been stalking the camp. Now the few remaining campers and counselors must band together to survive this all too real threat. It's sort of a cross between the movies Scream, Final Stab, April Fool's Day, and of course, Friday The 13th (hense the name, which I chose as a tribute to the film).

Thundarr The Barbarian: The Movie

A live action movie based on the 80's Saturday morning cartoon. I'm actually in the process of writing it. It begins in the present day with two NASA scientists, Dr. Haris and Dr. Kraft, discovering a planet sized comet corkscrewing through space towards Earth. The President of The United States declares a state of emergency. 14 years later, the comet passes between The Earth and the moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Two thousand years later, we're introduced to the young wizard Sabian. He murders the king he serves, then marries his widow and adopts the young princess, Ariel. Years later, a barbarian tribe and a tribe of moks have gathered together for trade. They're attacked by mutant slavers. An adolescent Thundarr and Ookla are taken as slaves, and sold to Sabian. Years later, Princess Ariel helps Thundarr and Ookla escape. Thundarr discovers The Sunsword in an ancient crypt. Sabian launches an all out assault on them, which they defeat. The movie ends open for a slew of sequels.

I've been playing a little game when I get bored at work. Basically I look at my IMDb vote history, which I've customised to list 20 films. I then take the plot of the films with the highest rating, retool it as an action film and take out any action stars that are in movies on the same page. I then find the best current director on the page for the job.

Turf War
Director: Zack Snyder
Stars: Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel.
In future Britain, bereaved father Richard (Willis) takes it upon himself to hunt down and kill the gang of anarchist youths responsible for the sexual assault of his daughter. However his actions have consequences as one of the youths is the brother of F. (Diesel) the leader of a criminal organisation, himself a subject of government brainwashing experiments. In a bid to save his daughter once and for all Richard must put all his skills to the test and prepare for a war he may not survive.

Character names are taken from the directors the stars are working with in the films listed on the page.

The plot is rejigged from A Clockwork Orange.

Willis and Diesel were in 16 Blocks and A Man Apart respectively. Those where directed by Richard Donner and F. Gary Gray.

Zack Snyder directed 300.

Votegame.jpg

Naturally you could use Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, John Cusack, Viggo Mortensen etc, but you know me, I'm the action movie guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"