Create Your Own Universes

Byrd, I would kill a man to see your DC 1870 become a graphic novel. Or even just a regular novel. Or a couple of ideas scribbled down on a napkin. (Okay, maybe not that last one.)

Hmm... kill a man? Okay. MB. I'll give you his address and daily timetable and then I'll get to writing on that napkin.

He'll be at his place... anytime. I'm pretty sure that'd be his current itinerary.

Let's be honest with ourselves. His exposure to the outside world was Walmart... the guy won't be leaving his hole before Punxsutawney Phil...

No, don't kill him! I need him to be kept alive and in my basement, where he will be forced to spend his days writing Batman fan novels and outlining a televised serial adaption.

You might squeeze a synopsis out of him by 2020.

I'd have more faith in it actually happening if you attached Del Toro's name to it than MB.

And suddenly, for reasons that are mysterious to me, I'm beginning to regret my time here...

Also, I just remembered I wrote this up back when we I first tried to get the President's game started.

The Executive Branch
Origins & Storylines

Origins

In 1776, the Second Continental Congress signed the Declaration of Independence and went to war with Great Britain. In early 1777 General George Washington met with John Adams and Thomas Jefferson in Philadelphia. With Jefferson was a man from France. Young Gilbert du Motier, known as the Marquis de Lafayette, was a prominent French military office even at his young age. With Washington was Prussian Baron Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben. Both men spoke to the three revolutionaries about an old and powerful society known as the Timekeepers. Made up of the elite thinkers, nobles, and politicians, the Timekeepers acted as metronome for the entire world responsible for maintaining the rhythm and natural order of things. It was the Timekeepers that declared that the time of British hegemony would begin to end. The colonies would win the war, Lafayette and von Steuben would help them.

In a ceremony in Philadelphia Washington, Adams, and Jefferson were inducted into the Timekeepers order and shown their secrets. The ancient society possessed powerful artifacts of supernatural nature and had access to magic. Using the Timekeepers' tools, the Colonies defeated England and declared their independence. In 1787 Washington was elected president of the United States, Adams his vice president, and Jefferson appointed secretary of state. As part of the Timekeepers, all three men had been made immortal and given a serum that gave them special abilities. All three faked their deaths at appropriate times and went into hiding in Europe in the early 1800's.

In 1830 the three men discovered the Timekeepers' long and winding plot that would see the United States expand all the way to the Pacific ocean, and then shatter into two separate nations after a long and bloody civil war. The three founding fathers could not bear to see the country they founded destroyed. Defying their society, the men fled Europe and returned to US. They used whatever means they could to stop and delay civil war. In 1860 they used their hidden influence to elect a man who would keep the union together: Abraham Lincoln. They revealed themselves to him and worked with Lincoln throughout the war. The Timekeepers discovered the fou nding fathers treachery and turned on them. Unable to stop the Union from winning the war, they had Lincoln assassinated in revenge. That didn't stop the Founders , who used their magic to bring Lincoln back from the grave days after he was killed.

Europe and the powers that controlled it could no longer be trusted. The old world could never govern or control the new. The four presidents founded the Executive Branch. A clandestine organization that would protect and fight for the United States, her interest, and freedom any place and anywhere. Their ranks are made up of former American presidents and other historical figures, each of them turned immortal in the same way the three founders were. Their long war with the Timekeepers ended after the First World War, when the last remnants of the old and rotten society were swept away in the fiery cataclysm of the war.

Now in 2014, they wage clandestine wars against a variety of threats that include the Secret Soviet Union, the Fourth Reich, and the Roman Republic of Zombies. But something dark and unknown lurks on the outer reaches of the world. A darkness is setting in, and an old power is returning to take control.

I am Not a Crook

Three Executive Branch members (Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, and Nixon) are dispatched to the Ural Mountains of Russia to investigate a dig sight searching the remnants of a meteorite that fell to Earth. Once there, they discover an ancient evil has arrived. A creature from another dimension in possession of powerful magic piggybacked on the rock to the planet. Equal parts Great Old One and bacterial infection, Jackson and Roosevelt fight the now rabid infected Russian archeologists while Nixon displays Realpolitik and barters with the monster, cutting a deal to act as his envoy on earth in exchange for a fraction of its power. With Roosevelt and Jackson on the verge of infection and death, Nixon reveals his true colors and banishes the creature through a portal to his home dimension. The monster’s desperate failing succeeds in grabbing Nixon by the ankle with a tentacle and pulling Tricky Dick into the dimension, the portal slamming shut behind them.

Old Soldiers Never Die, They Just Fade Away

Douglas MacArthur, former Executive Branch agent turned rogue, has now established a power base in the Pacific. MacArthur has now allied himself with the resurrected soul of Genghis Khan. Their plan, to use the Khan’s spirit and DNA technology to control the minds of all of the Khan’s descendants, turning .5 percent of the population (roughly 35 million) into their own personal army. Lincoln, Eisenhower, and Harry Truman are sent to assault the volcanic island MacArthur now calls home. While Lincoln takes on the Khan’s royal guard, Eisenhower pleads to his old friend and former boss Macarthur to see reason and to not give into madness. Realizing it’s too late, Dwight sends in the order and Harry Truman makes sure the buck stops with him. The man who fired MacArthur sends him to the grave in a fiery explosion of atomic energy.

Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You

The place is Prague and John F. Kennedy is on a mission. The Secret Soviet Union has a secret network through Eastern Europe, laying the groundwork for an eventual invasion. Kennedy kills his way up the ladder of spies, cut-outs, and informants and makes a startling discovery. There is a mole inside the Executive Branch.

To End All Wars

The Year is 1916, Europe is engulfed in the flames of World War. Millions are dead and across the Atlantic the United States watches warily. The Executive Branch is not so passive. It is engaged in a life and death struggle with its old foe, the Time Keepers. All through France, Germany, and Russia the covert war between the two secret societies rages. The Civil War triumvirate of Lincoln, Grant, and Sherman are dispatched to the front lines to help prevent a major breakthrough that is intended to end with the Germans marching into Paris and a Kaiserreich that will be ushered into the world. In Russia, John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson, former hated rivals now forced into being partners, work to prop up the rotting house that is the Russian Empire. Working against failing odds, they do battle with a mad monk his followers who have every intention of watching everything burn.

The American Peril

A traitor has been living in their midst and now the Executive Branch is unsure of who that man or woman is. Fingers are pointed, accusations are made, and in a flash of white light, Richard Nixon returns from the parallel universe with startling information. At that time, a trap is sprung and the traitor is revealed, as are his masters. The Timekeepers are back, and their leadership is a terrifying alliance of French (Napoleon), English (Churchill), and German (Bismarck) statesmen who are all dedicated to the utter destruction of the Executive Branch and American hegemony in the world..

And suddenly, for reasons that are mysterious to me, I'm beginning to regret my time here...
Oh, MB. We only threaten your life because we care. It's the natural evolution of pulling on your crush's pigtails.

With the latest scoop about the "Fantastic Four" reboot (Educate yourself if you haven't already), I've decided to reinvent the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a similar fashion. First up...

Iron Man

Anthony Stark is the alcoholic, philandering frontman for the rock band Iron Man. While touring the globe with his band, Tony goes on a bender, blacks out, and wakes up in a Middle Eastern club called the Ten Rings. The patrons recognize Tony and demand that he play some of Iron Man's greatest hits. That's when Tony realizes that these guys have a stockpile of pirated Iron Man CDs. Tony plays a brand new song loud enough to damage the Ten Rings' speaker system, buying him a chance to escape.

Finding his way back home, Anthony goes on a mission to find the leak. He enlists the help of Virginia "Pepper" Potts, his levelheaded manager who owes her nickname to her days as a groupie (being hotter than a chili pepper), and James Rhodes, Iron Man's original drummer who quit the band after 9/11 to join the Marines. Tony chastises him by calling him a "war machine."

Anthony eventually finds out that Iron Man's bassist, Obadiah Stane, has been putting up torrents of Iron Man songs on foreign websites. Stane convinces the rest of the band to kick Tony out, and they rename themselves Iron Monger. At a local battle of the bands, Anthony singlehandedly outperforms Iron Monger, earning himself a new record deal with talent agent Phil Coulson of the Shield Record Company.

Next in my line of Twentieth Century Fox MCU re-imaginings, we have...

Thor

Thom Odinson, nicknamed "Thor" for his athletic prowess, is the star quarterback and big man on campus for Ashe Academy. Thom's father, Otis, is the team's head coach. Otis was a star quarterback himself in the old days, leading the Ashe Guardians to a decisive championship victory over the University of Frost. Due to the father-son connection between Thom and Otis, folks who follow the Ashe Guardians have taken to joking that Thom is "inheriting" his father's "throne." Thom's teammates Freddy, Vincent, and Harold - nicknamed the "Warriors Three" by the school paper - are all supportive of Thom's rise to fame, as is the head cheerleader Sis, with whom Thom has always had a flirtatious relationship.

Not all are thrilled about Thom's upcoming "coronation," however. Thom's younger brother, Locke, has come to resent Thom for the attention he receives from their father. Unlike his brother, Locke has never shown an aptitude in athletics. Instead, Locke displays a talent at writing online poetry. His preferred username "locke1" was taken, so Locke posts under the alternate handle "lok1."

The night before the homecoming game between the Ashe Guardians and the Frost Giants, Locke goads Thom into sneaking off to the University of Frost campus and vandalizing it. Accompanied by the Warriors Three and Sis, Thom and Locke get caught in the act by the Frost Giants' massive offensive linemen. They are bailed out at the last second by the arrival of Otis, driving the family's rainbow Beetle. Upon getting home, Otis chews out Thom for his foolishness and suspends him indefinitely. Otis also takes away Thom's privileges to "Mjolnir," the wonky silver SUV that only Thom seems to know how to start.

Banished from the Ashe Guardians, Thom spends his free time with a pre-med student named Jane Foster, learning that popularity and winning the big game aren't the only things in life. Meanwhile, in a confrontation with his father, Locke learns that he was adopted. The ensuing argument, along with the stress of Thom's suspension, gives Otis a heart attack. Locke steps in for his father with the team, claiming that he's been studying the playbook all season long. With Thom out of the way, Locke goes to the University of Frost's coaches and promises to give them the gameplan for the upcoming game.

While doing his laundry one day, Thom discovers the long-lost keys to Mjolnir in the back pocket of one of his pairs of jeans. Feeling worthy to prove himself, Thom races over to the athletic complex. There, he finds the Frost Giants' coaches being reported to the NCAA by Locke. Locke had planned to betray them all along, framing the University of Frost for numerous NCAA violations and getting their program the death sentence. Thom argues with his brother that beating the Frost Giants like this isn't the right way. Locke storms off in the rainbow Beetle just as Otis recovers from his heart attack.

Back with the Ashe Guardians, Thom doesn't have time to visit Jane Foster anymore. Still, he asks the team's student manager, Jaime Dal, to keep an eye on her for him.

Maybe I will create a Universe with many planets and there is a War to protect planet or something like this.
rolling sky

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"