World Movie Spider man as its own Universe?

JaredRmz

Civilian
Reaction score
You know, most of all raimi's spiderman movies received a lot of rants (specially the third one) because of their lack of comic accuracy to 616, the amazing spiderman was a lot better received by the almost total accuracy to the ultimate comic books we got on 2001, and at least I hoped the first movie to be based on that universe... So it came to my mind the idea of raimi's spidey to have his own universe, would you read the books, where the bulky,environment helpful wall crawler can fight his enemies with the important lesson that if you fight spiderman you die? With Mary Jane as his first gf and dr Connors as a physicist, and not a biologist? So, post your ideas here.

Every incarnation of a comic book character is its "own universe." The Marvel Cinematic Universe is its own universe, not the 616, Ultimate, etc. However, the movie universes always borrow elements from others.

The 2012 Amazing Spider-Man film is a perfect example, as it borrows from both Ultimate Spider-Man and the 616 comics, while introducing new concepts.

I wouldn't mind seeing some additional material added to the Raimi universe (such as novels, comic books, etc) that tie into the films. The Amazing Spider-Man had a prelude comic that I really liked.

Every incarnation of a comic book character is its "own universe." The Marvel Cinematic Universe is its own universe, not the 616, Ultimate, etc. However, the movie universes always borrow elements from others.

The 2012 Amazing Spider-Man film is a perfect example, as it borrows from both Ultimate Spider-Man and the 616 comics, while introducing new concepts.

I wouldn't mind seeing some additional material added to the Raimi universe (such as novels, comic books, etc) that tie into the films. The Amazing Spider-Man had a prelude comic that I really liked.

Yeah I know, but what I mean is that if raimi's movies were comics and not films, would you like it or read it?

Last edited:
I got into Spider-Man before the Raimi films, so yes.

Two years took place between Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 (in the films and in real life), I've always thought it would be cool to explore what the movie Spidey was up to in those 2 years leading up to SM2. There had to be some cool stuff go on like some fights with some lower-key baddies. JJJ mentions Dr. Strange's name being taken in SM2, imagine a team up between the 2 Ditko Marvel heroes taking place... :spidey:

Two years took place between Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 (in the films and in real life), I've always thought it would be cool to explore what the movie Spidey was up to in those 2 years leading up to SM2. There had to be some cool stuff go on like some fights with some lower-key baddies. JJJ mentions Dr. Strange's name being taken in SM2, imagine a team up between the 2 Ditko Marvel heroes taking place... :spidey:
Isn't Doctor Strange owned by Marvel? Although nothing proves it, I'm sure they were specifically referencing the Marvel character.

I'd say part of the problem with the movie universe is that they put little thought outside of the immediate movie.

If you look at Spider-man 1-3, every villain is made in that movie. In fact, before Spider-man, there were no super-villains in that universe. And each movie is fairly self-contained. I.e. villain gets powers, goes nuts, dies, the end. There's not a whole lot to work with in the Raimi "universe"

Amazing Spider-man breaks the trend, with its stinger, and backstory which is left open.

Some movie universes seem more though out. For example, in X-Men, they allude to a few things, that we never see in the movie (Professor X for example says he's heard of mutants being experimented on before).

Probably because now they can expect to be doing a sequel.

I think with the Raimi films, there just wasn't enough planning for sequels. A lot of people complain about the unresolved plots and such in the Amazing Spider-Man, but I applaud it. I'm glad they are creating a story arc that will take place in more than one film.

For all we know, Electro could already have his powers.

And even though Norman Osborn probably won't transform into the Goblin until the third film, at least his story has begun already in the first, and perhaps he's had some smaller villains work for him in the past (shocker, hammerhead, etc.).

The only thing that connected the Raimi films was the Harry Osborn revenge subplot, and the Peter/MJ romance.

I didn't mind Green Goblin being made just for SM1. His death got the ball rolling with the Harry Osborn plot.

As far as X-Men, since we are dealing with mutants, obviously there would be villains/super heroes going back by decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"