Comics Create Your Spiderman Story Thread...

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
I think a big part of the problem with the Marvel writers is that they seem to think that theres no more new innovative stories left to tell about their superheroes. Therefore they choose to go the cheap route and reinvent old stories and create "secrets" that we never knew before, hence the "Sins Past", the " Totem arc", X-men's "Deadly Genesis", Daredevil's "Father" etc.

So the point of this thread is to be creative, if you were the writer for spidey, what new innovative story would you create to advance spidey's comic career? Personally, I would love to introduce a new african american superhero with powers similar to spidey's and have him and spidey become partners and fight crime together. I think it could open the door to alot of good stories, and their chemistry would be interesting. I mean peter's always fighting by himself, and it would be cool if he had a partner to save his ass from time to time (lord knows he coulda used it against morlun). What bout you guys?

I have a great story that would involve "the new Scorpion," but it's only a single issue story. I could stretch it to three, but it'd just be fun stories with a common theme. Nothing "spider-verse shaking," by any means. I don't want to change the status quo, or "fix" the Spidey comics. I just want to tell this one funny story.

Well, it may not be new, and it's a Peter Parker story. I like the fact that Peter's a teacher, so i'd have a bully somehow get powers. Peter finds out. Peter can already see that the kid may become a villian in the future by the way he is today, so Peter knows no matter what, he HAS to get through to the kid. THe kid is not stupid, he doesn't want to be a villian. And the only fact that he's a bully is because everyone, all his life, has treated him like he was one, even though he's a pretty good kid. They have the Great power, Great responsibilty talk, of course. And Blah blah blah. I'm not an action writer, if you couldn't tell.

kguillou said:
Personally, I would love to introduce a new african american superhero with powers similar to spidey's and have him and spidey become partners and fight crime together. I think it could open the door to alot of good stories, and their chemistry would be interesting. I mean peter's always fighting by himself, and it would be cool if he had a partner to save his ass from time to time (lord knows he coulda used it against morlun). What bout you guys?
You should name him Spider-Kurt!:woot:

Well, my idea involves the Ultimate Spider-Man book and it's potentially unusable now, but it was for Ultimate Carnage. My idea stirred up when Venom had been created, but Carnage wasn't yet. So here it is...

The "Carnage" arc would start as a 12-issue side story, not even gaining mention in every comic for the year. As Spidey's regular adventures would play out, there would be a scene dropped here and there. The first would simply be a television in the background.

Reporter: In other news, three more victims were found in a back alley in downtown New York behind the __ plaza theater. Police on the scene refused to comment on the victims identities, but an anonymous informant has told us that the bodies were mutilated beyond recognition and dental records were used to make an ID.

A couple issues later, another scene, perhaps this time in the Daily Bugle:

Reporter: Hey, you got that file on this serial killer, Mayhem? They found another body in the river. Looks like the same guy.
Ben Urich: Geez, he's not staying just in Manhatten anymore, is he?
Reporter: Looks like he might be broadening his horizons.

So far, these are one panel comments, spread out by a couple issues to just be a side teaser, not linked at all to the main stories.

Eventually, however, Spider-Man does get involved, possibly saving someone from this killer the media has dubbed "Mayhem" (Manhatten Mayhem as a news headline is the source). Peter is truly disturbed by what he finds. The victims are horribly mutilated in various ways. One cut ear to ear, the jaw almost removed. Another cut through the throat to the spine. One had their organ removed and placed around the body. Another was drawn and quartered. Perhaps one was disembowled and then had the intestines stuffed down the throat.

You get the idea. The sickest, most extreme murders I could get past the editors. Due to the gruesomeness of the butchered corpses, Peter is convinced it's someone with super powers.

Eventually, we reach a climax where Peter finds the serial killer, Mayhem. A young guy about 23 years old with red hair and freckles named Cletus Kassidy.

Spider-Man: But...you...you can't be....you're just a normal guy!
Kassidy: Normal?! NORMAL?! Buddy, I'm something altogether different!
Of course, Kassidy attacks with a knife and Peter gives him a single smack to knock him out. Intentionally anti-climactic.

The next two arcs would definitely have Peter shaken by the cruelty a normal human was capable of. The serial killer having really gotten to him (a bit of a Hannibal Lecter scenario). Nightmares, inability to sleep, perhaps even paranoia as Peter feels he can't just look out for super villains, but normal people now too. MJ does her best to help him, but of course she's not qualified. Spidey likely sees the psychiatrists/therapists that Human Torch said the FF sees.

Later on down the road, I intended to merge the Venom symbiote angle to form Cletus into Carnage. I felt if we made a normal Cletus Kassidy more terrifying than the Joker (one of the best non-powered villains ever in terms of brutality in my eyes) BEFORE he had any sort of powers, then he'd be a worthy villain to introduce into the Ultimate Spider-verse.

My solution to the Ben Reilly clone saga was to have Ben remain the Scarlet Spider, but move to Chicago. We wouldn't follow him, he'd be something of an "extra cast" status member.

But this would give Peter some backup and an outlet to go to even just in phone calls. The two were feeling like brothers towards the end of the clone saga, after all. It also would be an option for an occasional guest appearance and mini-series now and again and could really help Peter out in certain situations regarding the revealing of his identity.

I NEVER would have tried to pull Ben off as the real Spider-Man. Scarlet Spider was much better received (even in that simple costume) than the Ben Spider-Man and Chicago has just enough buildings to give him some web swinging space for a bit of crime fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"