• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cronenberg Makes Eastern Promises

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/indietopnews.php?id=17608
Source: Focus Features
November 17, 2006

Focus Features has informed ComingSoon.net about the start of production on David Cronenberg's next film Eastern Promises, which will reunite the director with his History of Violence star Viggo Mortensen, joined by Academy Award nominee Naomi Watts. The supporting cast includes Vincent Cassel, Academy Award nominee Armin Mueller-Stahl, Sinead Cusack, Donald Sumpter, and filmmaker Jerzy Skolimowski.

The film, which starts shooting in London next week, follows the mysterious and ruthless Nikolai (Mortensen), who is tied to one of London’s most notorious organized crime families. His carefully maintained existence is jarred when he crosses paths with Anna (Watts), an innocent midwife trying to right a wrong, who accidentally uncovers potential evidence against the family. Now Nikolai must put into motion a harrowing chain of murder, deceit, and retribution.

Written by Steven Knight, the Oscar-nominated screenwriter of Stephen Frears' Dirty Pretty Things, the Kudos Pictures and Serendipity Point Films co-production will be distributed domestically and internationally by Focus Features with Canadian distribution handled by Alliance Atlantis* Motion Picture Distribution LP.

Interesting,i liked HOV so hopefully this will be as good

Cronenberg's one of my favorite directors, Viggo's one of my favorite actors, and Naomi's one of my favorite actresses, plus the plot sounds intriuging. It can't miss.

Vigo looks badass :up:

Naked Lunch 2

Now with more lunch!

So um now that Cronenberg has stop making Sci-Fi/Horror flicks does that mean he'll finally get the oscar he deserves :D

Eastern Promises Going Wide on September 14 Source: Focus Features June 28, 2007

ComingSoon.net has learned that David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, starring Viggo Mortensen, Naomi Watts, Vincent Cassel and Armin Mueller-Stahl, will be getting a wide release from Focus Features on September 14. The studio was previously looking to rollout the movie starting with a limited release.

The film follows the mysterious and ruthless Nikolai (Mortensen), who is tied to one of London's most notorious organized crime families. His carefully maintained existence is jarred when he crosses paths with Anna (Watts), an innocent midwife trying to right a wrong, who accidentally uncovers potential evidence against the family. Now Nikolai must put into motion a harrowing chain of murder, deceit, and retribution.

:trans:

easternpromises2.jpg

easternpromises1.jpg

Looks Okish

I agree however if you made a trailer for any cronenberg movie it look simply okayish since all his movies are so completely out-there they need to be seen in there entirety instead of being made to look like a generic thriller...

i thought history of violence was one of the most overrated (even though i hate that word) pieces of trash....

and this doesn't sound too much better. cronenburg can do better.

i thought history of violence was one of the most overrated (even though i hate that word) pieces of trash....

and this doesn't sound too much better. cronenburg can do better.

May I ask why you say it was over-rated?

History of Violence was soooo awful... and one of the most overrated movies ever.

i dont think i want to sit through another one...lol

May I ask why you say it was over-rated?

well, it was boring, and pointless...

"you're a killer, you're a killer" ... "no, i'm not, no, i'm not. i promise."

(2 hours later)

"okay, i am." ... the end.

... and since it was a cronenburg movie, people "thought" it was great.

they rated it over what it deserved to be rated. henceforth:

overrated.

maria bello did get pretty naked, though... so, it had that going for it, at least.

well, it was boring, and pointless...
"you're a killer, you're a killer" ... "no, i'm not, no, i'm not. i promise."
(2 hours later)
"okay, i am." ... the end.
... and since it was a cronenburg movie, people "thought" it was great.
they rated it over what it deserved to be rated. henceforth:
overrated.

maria bello did get pretty naked, though... so, it had that going for it, at least.

yeah that was my biggest issue.....
when i saw the trailer i figured it gave it all away, so i never bothered to see it.
then came the oscar nomination and all the great reviews... so ok... i rented it.
and it was awful...

but i do have to admit... the gore was incredibly shot. i loved the violence..lol

yeah that was my biggest issue.....
when i saw the trailer i figured it gave it all away, so i never bothered to see it.
then came the oscar nomination and all the great reviews... so ok... i rented it.
and it was awful...

but i do have to admit... the gore was incredibly shot. i loved the violence..lol

yeah, it was pretty great... even if it was what, like, 3 scenes out of the whole movie? totally maybe 1 minute and 18 seconds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"