Crowd Reactions

Discussion in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' started by TheDreamMaster, Dec 16, 2016.

1. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

Always like doing these for big movies, and I feel like SW gets some of the biggest. What was your theater experience like.

Mine was great. Everyone cheered at the Lucasfilm logo, laughed at K2, ooh'd and awww'd at certain moments, and cheered when it ended.
    I did have that one guy though, not far behind me that didn't talk through the whole thing, but occasionally made his comments louder than everyone else. "Tarkin!" "[BLACKOUT]Coruscant![/BLACKOUT]" "[BLACKOUT]Mustafar![/BLACKOUT]" And when Bail mentions Alderaan, "Noooo, don't go!" Didn't ruin the experience but got a little annoying at certain times.

2. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

My crowd was basically non-stop clapping for the last two scenes. It was great. And they got all the references, like the [BLACKOUT]pair from the Cantina[/BLACKOUT].

3. Galactus123

Galactus123 Registered

My crowd was silent and few laughs here and there. I'm so happy that the crowds here don't start to cheer and clap during the movie. That would be annoying.

4. LucDisfilm19

LucDisfilm19 Registered

My crowd was huge at my theater and had a great reaction of cheering, clapping and laughing in certain scenes, especially when the big guy showed up.

5. Symbiotic

Symbiotic Registered

Just out of curiosity, did anyone get the Fast 8 trailer at their shows, and if so, how were the reactions, if any?

6. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

I go back and forth with this. When I saw The Dark Knight in theaters, people gasped then clapped after Joker's pencil trick, and I thought that was amazing. But when I was in Spiderman 3 there was a guy making comments that was annoying AF.

7. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

Dude, that's the best part when it's an event film. I guess being American I'm kinda used to that. I couldn't go see something like this and just be in dead silence.

8. MurkeNyou

MurkeNyou Registered

Started off quiet, but that last 20 minutes the audience sounded like an amusement park crowd, much applause at the credits.

9. LostSon88

LostSon88 Registered

There's a rain storm currently here in the Bay Area so the crowd was only about half full. But the audience absolutely Ate this movie up.

A very enthusiastic round of applause and cheers when the credits rolled.

10. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Yeah, depending on the film, that can get pretty annoying. If it's after a big action set piece and there's this silence that's almost asking for applause, I can understand that. Or if it's at the end of a film, like with the final solo in Whiplash, I can get that.

But throughout the film, whooping and hollering is more distracting, I don't care what the movie is. That kind of person is the one you pelt with popcorn or soft drinks.

11. Karelia

Karelia We Are Consumers

My crowd was pretty lit about this movie. Big cheers especially after the movie. K2SO got a lot of laughs.

My experience kinda sucked, ended up in traffic, causing us to be late... and got stuck in the very front row, which really sucked.

12. terry78

Gotta get them reserved seating theatres for stuff like this.

13. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Reserved seats are a lifesaver. We came from work and got stuck in traffic, but since we had the reserved seats it didn't matter. Got there 15 minutes before the movie started and had time to get popcorn since we didn't need to worry about seats.

14. LostSon88

LostSon88 Registered

Give it a few years and reserved seating will become the standard. It's quickly trending that way...

15. Mister J

Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

• Light level applause for the Lucasfilm title card and the "long time ago" screen.
    • A audible "Huh? What?!" from some *goof when there was no Williams theme/opening crawl at the start.
    • Continued laughter for K2's bits.
    • Notable applause for the[BLACKOUT] R2 and 3PO cameo[/BLACKOUT].
    • Lots of oohs and ahhs and general fangasm[BLACKOUT] for Vader near the end[/BLACKOUT].
    • [BLACKOUT]Loud short burst applause for Leia being shown from the back, somewhat more muted when her face was shown and people seemingly losing their collective **** when she said "Hope."[/BLACKOUT]
    The greatest annoyance I had was some chick behind me, continously reaching into what seemed to be an bottomless plastic bag of popcorn, chips or some **** that sounded as if it were made of bone.

*That goof was me.

16. terry78

Those people that shake the popcorn bag looking for extra popped kernels at the bottom...**** you.

17. Mister J

Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Them and the bastards that go unquenchably slurping for that extra 6 drops of soda at the bottom of their industrial size 46 oz drink. Burn in hell, all of you.

18. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

There was a nerd next to us who squeed when Gold and Red Leader appeared.

Then a small girl near the front cheered when she was C3PO and R2. That warmed my heart.

19. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

It's becoming the norm.

20. NJCaliboy

NJCaliboy Registered

The theater I went to isn't really known for getting into movies like some other theaters i go to so I was surprised they were as vocal as they were. It was a Saturday 7:30 showing in Jersey City. When 2 characters popped up from out of the blue the crowd went crazy- and the person who popped in the last scene also made them go crazy. Laughs throughout and a very strong applause at the end. Most people stayed behind like it was a Marvel movie- I left. Please don't tell me I missed some end-movie scene. They hadn't done that sort of thing in the past so I left not expecting it this time around.

21. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

Pretty quiet except for a few laughs here and there. I hardly ever remember it being any other way.

My buddy saw it Friday evening and he said a bunch of people were clapping during his showing though.

22. ssj wolverine

ssj wolverine Plenty have tried pal!!

My Crowd was quiet throughout the film except for the last 20 mins. I never heard applause like that

23. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Our show was pretty quiet last night...although there was a guy there wearing a bikini over a Chewbacca costume, so there’s that. :dry:

A guy in our row said “YES!!!” really loud when Vader choked Krennic, which made a guy sitting in front of us burst out laughing.

24. terry78

We nerds love our violent altercations. When we're not involved.

25. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

A little kid turned to his parents after the movie, sounding devastated, "Did they all die?"