Crowd Reactions

Discussion in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' started by TheDreamMaster, Dec 16, 2016.

1. JB33

JB33 The Eternal Deviant

My crowd was fairly silent - except for your usual laughs an "oooh's an aaah's" every now and then - but gave a pretty big applause at the end, which lends credence I guess to the idea that the silence was due to the intense focus on what they were all watching.

Also, pretty much everyone was discussing the movie as we all marched out of the theatre. There was a definite energy when all was said and done.

My screening was jam packed too. Not a single seat left unoccupied.

2. sueb1863

sueb1863 Registered

My crowd was pretty quiet. The theater was about 65% full for a 7:15 Saturday night showing, perhaps due to the icy conditions (in northweatern Ohio). One guy said "Yeah!" at the Lucasfilm logo and there were some laughs at the right moments, but there was applause at the end and they seemed to enjoy it.

3. Ironfan72

Ironfan72 Golden Avenger

My brother and I went to the 9:30 am showing on Sunday, the audience was not huge, maybe 50 people, they all seemed very into the movie and at the end people gave it a standing ovation.

4. scifiwolf

scifiwolf Registered

I went at 1:30pm on Friday afternoon and 11:30am Sunday morning. No life in the crowds. I told my wife last night that I'm not missing any more Thursday night openings. That crowd is the best.

5. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

In Miami, went to the Sunday 4:45 3-D since the 4:00 2-D was sold out. Maybe 85-90% full, the crowd was pretty quiet for the most part but ooh'd and ahh'd as well as laughed at the right moments. Applause at the end.

6. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

I had a small crowd in mine as I went to a morning showing, but there was a lot of laughing every time K-2SO spoke or when we saw an Easter egg.

7. Karelia

Karelia We Are Consumers

I went yesterday with family, it was pretty packed by the time the movie started. A little laughter here and there, and some gasps with the Vader scene. Lots of people clapped at the end as well.

Actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around.

8. fancyarcher

fancyarcher Registered

My packed crowd was really into the film. People were chatting, and there were even a few claps at the end, something that doesn't usually happen in my theater.